Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D or O « previous next »
Page: 1

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 07, 2006, 09:54:37 PM

I think we are going to see the future of our O...a good future tomorrow.  In case anyone hasn't guessed, I think Grads will prove to be an upgrade.  Well see a nice quick growth curve there IMO.

I've got more concersn with the D going forward.  I think the biggest piece is a penetrating UT, and everyone else will look a TON better.  But I have to wonder if the loss of Rod may be the nail in the coffin for the D here.  (I think anyone that has met Monte knows he's the cerebral type, the "brains".  I've not met Rod, but he seemed to be the heart.)

So my question  is this:

Which unit worries you more looking at not just this year, but next?

I think the O is about to start progressing, it's obviously being addressed.
I think they are trying to wring the last bits of blood from our D and not addressing future concers ATM.

While I think they will address these soon, I am more concerned about the future of this defense than this O.  Chime in...

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 07, 2006, 09:56:33 PM

They both need work, but there is one positive factor in favor of the offense. This is a relatively young offense. For the defense, however, I think it's standing by way of a walker right now.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 08, 2006, 12:32:18 AM

D definitely concerns me more for next year.  As most players take a year to settle into Monte's scheme (especially for rooks), we aren't likely to see a lot of improvement for 2 years.  That is why I was pushing for some upgrades this offseason, so we could see the results next year.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : October 08, 2006, 12:39:36 AM

Maranelli was the motivator. He's the one that gave before game speeches. He came up with "pound the rock." What in the hell makes you think the o-line with 1 maybe 2 rookies is going to be any better than the one that couldn't hold water the 1st 3 games?? ???

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 08, 2006, 12:59:36 AM

What offense????????????? I haven't seen any, as usual.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#5 : October 08, 2006, 01:11:03 AM

Give the man a prize!!!! You are correct, sir!!

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 08, 2006, 01:13:24 AM

Thanks, but I'm a girl, too.  Do I still get the prize? ;D

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : October 08, 2006, 01:15:18 AM

Yes, a bigger one!! Does Derrick know about you? ;)

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#8 : October 08, 2006, 01:28:21 AM

Maranelli was the motivator. He's the one that gave before game speeches. He came up with "pound the rock." What in the hell makes you think the o-line with 1 maybe 2 rookies is going to be any better than the one that couldn't hold water the 1st 3 games?? ???

This is a point well taken. I really think these new coaches seem kind of lost. Tomlin did a lot too. I just feel the D to appears to be aimless...

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#9 : October 08, 2006, 01:31:56 AM

Yes, a bigger one!! Does Derrick know about you? ;)

Does his wife know about you?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: D or O « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools