Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keep an eye out for 97! « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: October 08, 2006, 12:00:14 AM

“I’m going to spark us again,” he said. “You’ll see it again. You’re going to see a hellacious effort again by me. I think defensively, we will catch fire again and do what we need to do to really cement. It has to take somebody to take responsibility of a great effort. I’m talking a supreme effort, not a decent game, a supreme effort in the face of the adversity we stacked in front of ourselves. We stacked it in front of ourselves, and it takes a supreme effort to get out of it.”

Obviously, Rice’s supreme efforts can be game-changing. In addition to trailing only Michael Strahan in sacks among active players, Rice has forced 35 career fumbles with his trademark chop. His two forced fumbles in the third quarter against Carolina in the Bucs’ last game helped set up two touchdowns and a rally that briefly put the Bucs in the lead after they were trailing 17-0.

Expect more of the same on Sunday, says Rice.

“For this challenge, you’re about to see the best of my talents,” he said. “This is where you see the great players shine. This is where you see a fighting team that wants to survive be who it says it is. We have a challenge in front of us.”
[/b]

Simeon better deliver on his words.  I am sick of watching the defense not getting it done the way we are all spoiled to.

He seems geared and fierce.  Get it done baby!

(From the dreaded TBBBB)

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#1 : October 08, 2006, 12:12:02 AM

drew brees is no aaron brooks which simeon used for a rag doll on several occasions.i can see rice having a big game.he'd better or the d could get torched by colston.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : October 08, 2006, 12:13:09 AM

Go Sim!! Please! Boid, what is that wacky smiley doing? ???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 08, 2006, 12:21:38 AM

Go Sim!! Please! Boid, what is that wacky smiley doing? ???
Exterminating Guards and Tackles. ;)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : October 08, 2006, 12:31:46 AM

Wow, he doesn't seem to be working all that hard. Maybe you could get those weapons to our o-line--then maybe they can keep Grads on his feet & all his vital organs inside! ;D

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2006, 12:34:15 AM

It's not saying much, but I believe Rice has been our defensive MVP so far this year.  Hopefully the whole unit is pumped up and comes out with some energy.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : October 08, 2006, 12:44:20 AM

For some reason Sims doesn't get the credit he should. He's behind only Strahan for active player with most sacks. Did you see the PR before last with Sims on the front? It said "Sack Master."

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 08, 2006, 12:54:28 AM

I'm glad to hear that from Rice, because when he has a good game, it's a REALLY good game.....those long arms tipping passes right and left, sacks, tackles.  I have a feeling our entire defense will STEP up and play against N.O.!  And if BK is back, WHOOO!

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#8 : October 08, 2006, 01:16:56 AM

I'm glad to hear that from Rice, because when he has a good game, it's a REALLY good game.....those long arms tipping passes right and left, sacks, tackles. I have a feeling our entire defense will STEP up and play against N.O.! And if BK is back, WHOOO!

This post is right on the money. Rice goes wild when he is moving well! I expect him to be ready to slam tomorrow. With BK back things will be nice.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keep an eye out for 97! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools