Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not win tonight? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mnbuc

Starter
: November 13, 2006, 04:10:31 PM

Ok Fine why the heck not go out and beat the Kitty tonight.  Lots of team have only 4 wins, win tonight and we are at 3 and still not totaly out of the playoff picture.  Saints and Falcons lost yesterday as well.  Ok maybe it's the cold I am fighting, maybe to much Koolaid but we are not eliminated from the playoffs yet a win tonight could still keep us alive.  Once we kit 8 loses I will say we are out of the playoff race but as of now we still have potential, why not live up to it?  Besides let's get a little payback on the Kitty's anyway.  My most hated rival in the South.  2. Payback for Chris.

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#1 : November 13, 2006, 04:12:45 PM

I just don't have the confidence with  the starters we have out doing anything other than showing up.  It just seems to me this team has no heart left regardless of what they say in the media spotlight.  <shrug>

#2 : November 13, 2006, 04:13:12 PM

I blame Shinji Mori

mnbuc

Starter
#3 : November 13, 2006, 04:17:03 PM

I just don't have the confidence with the starters we have out doing anything other than showing up. It just seems to me this team has no heart left regardless of what they say in the media spotlight. <shrug>

Stranger things have been known to happen, History revials that this will still be a tight game so go and win the darn thing!!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 13, 2006, 04:20:24 PM

the jets beat the pats. the browns beat the falcons. and the panthers have lost 2 straight, just like us....

i'm certainly not flipping on the game and sitting down looking for a loss...no athlete with any dignity would want to be shown up on MNF, and i know our guys will come out playing to win, but unless we get off to a good start, i can honestly see the panthers piling it on tonight.

the biggest thing in our favor is that, like mnbucsfan says, no matter how good or bad these teams have been going into this matchup over the years, i can only remember 1 game that didn't go down to the wire or darn close.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 13, 2006, 04:22:27 PM

I love my team but if $$$ was on the table I'd be laying the points and taking Carolina.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 13, 2006, 04:33:05 PM

In my opinion it just comes down to our d-line and our o-line. Foster isn't the kind of back that (usually) does well against us. If we can play the run as well as we did in the Cinci game and against Bush, we will be fine in that department. I'm hoping that the young guys on the d-line tonight come out and play with a purpose to try and prove they belong here. Who knows what can happen, if Shaun King can drop the only loss on a 15-1 Vikings team on MNF several years ago, then it's not a stretch to think our d-line can step it up tonight either. If they do, I believe we win this game.

#7 : November 13, 2006, 04:42:37 PM

In my opinion it just comes down to our d-line and our o-line. Foster isn't the kind of back that (usually) does well against us. If we can play the run as well as we did in the Cinci game and against Bush, we will be fine in that department. I'm hoping that the young guys on the d-line tonight come out and play with a purpose to try and prove they belong here. Who knows what can happen, if Shaun King can drop the only loss on a 15-1 Vikings team on MNF several years ago, then it's not a stretch to think our d-line can step it up tonight either. If they do, I believe we win this game.

Ahhh, the good old days...*dreams of Shaun King*

;)

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 13, 2006, 04:51:04 PM

I just hope, win or lose, we come out of our shell tonight.  Try opening it up a bit.  Take some chances.  Playing it safe is NOT going to win us any games with the current state of our D.  I'd be happier seeing Bruce throw 2ints and 2 td's than 0td 0int.

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#9 : November 13, 2006, 04:56:15 PM

How about another miracle win? Thats what its going to take for them to win. I'm there with my cold brew in hand in any event.

I only ask they protect the QB, that is all. I would hate for this season to go further down the drain. How much heart can a 3rd string QB have anyway.

bOOm

#10 : November 13, 2006, 05:22:28 PM

The team has basically QUIT for 2006, so I wouldn't expect very much tonight and definitely not a win by us.  :(

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 13, 2006, 05:37:36 PM

I have a feeling that if the Bucs rally a win; the Panthers would have severely imploded. We don't deserve to be a play-off team this year, and it's slowly showing.

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 13, 2006, 05:55:20 PM

The team has basically QUIT for 2006, so I wouldn't expect very much tonight and definitely not a win by us.  :(

I'm not sold that the team quit.  But it's obvious that some of the fans have...

barberiino

Second String

#13 : November 13, 2006, 05:55:41 PM

the dolphins looked dead in the water and they beat the undefeated bears and then the chiefs in consecutive weeks...i feel in upset...i Hate the panthers!!!

#14 : November 13, 2006, 05:57:57 PM

The team has basically QUIT for 2006, so I wouldn't expect very much tonight and definitely not a win by us. :(
you've had your foot stuck in your mouth so many times this season, I can only hope that you have to do it again....no offense, it would just mean we stomp the living hell out of the Cats.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not win tonight? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools