Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms. Gone, Trade, Back-up, or... Starter? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#45 : November 23, 2006, 09:54:25 PM

Simms was well on the way to being benched.  He played terrible the first two and a half games.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 23, 2006, 09:59:48 PM

There is no proof that Simms is a good QB. He has had as many bad games as good ones and he wasn't that good in college. If his dad wasn't named Phil, people wouldn't think he's that good.

LOL yeah 6-5 220, a cannon and no one would notice right? A lot of NFL QB's have sons only a handful have made it to the NFL.
I think there is plenty of proof obviously Gruden thought he was a good QB unless you think he is retarded and made him the starters for the fans sake???

Simms has the arm but he doesn't get through his reads quick enough and his release is a problem on the three step drops.   You go back and watch the first two games of the season, Simms wasn't even seeing wide open receivers, so he didn't get a chance to miss them.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#47 : November 23, 2006, 10:03:51 PM

Simms was well on the way to being benched. He played terrible the first two and a half games.
 2 & a half---gee, that's like forever! And his o-line sucked eggs!  The 8 games I've watched Grads play really seem like forever! The longer he plays the better Simms looks. Gruden is probably having an epiphany right about now---"oh my god! My job depends on Grads! No!"  You know MJS, your Maya Angelou quote really applies to all the Grad stats your always posting. Facts can obscure the truth.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#48 : November 23, 2006, 10:03:59 PM

It is simple to me (maybe I am loco?).  If Gruden is still here Gradkowski will have the edge over Simms in a short passing offense that requires quick decision making heading into next year. If Martz is here then the tables are turned and Simms had the edge over Gradkowski in an offense that plays to his strengths.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#49 : November 23, 2006, 10:05:40 PM

I think he had no faith in the O-line which has improved, he was finding the open recievers last season, and 3 step drops are useless, and Gruden seems to have a lot less of them this season for some reason, maybe b/c Grad's has been getting his smacked back in his face a few times as well.
Give Simms a decent O-line and he would be a great QB IMO. I am kind of sick of our offense and the WCO I think its old hat for defenses and unless you have a great QB it doesn't even work anymore.
I know Simms will be gone next season I just think it will be something we will regret if he goes on and plays well, we still loose and Gruden quits or gets canned and we are stuck with a system QB that does not fit our new system.
Either way I am just pissed we lost I thought we had a shot there in the begining. I hate Parcells and T.O., it would be Aikman doing the game that made it worse because I know he was happy.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 23, 2006, 10:06:57 PM

I think he had no faith in the O-line which has improved,

No it has not.  From weeks 4 thru 12 the O-line actually got worse.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#51 : November 23, 2006, 10:11:24 PM

No it has not. From weeks 4 thru 12 the O-line actually got worse.
   Just saying it does not make it so.  We get it--you love Grads & think he is the 2nd coming of--whoever! Chris sucked ALL by himself & the o-line getting him killed had nothing to do with it. Not all of us agree. Your opinion is not gospel.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 23, 2006, 10:22:28 PM

No it has not. From weeks 4 thru 12 the O-line actually got worse.
   Just saying it does not make it so.  We get it--you love Grads & think he is the 2nd coming of--whoever! Chris sucked ALL by himself & the o-line getting him killed had nothing to do with it. Not all of us agree. Your opinion is not gospel.

Go and check the game grades dumbo.   [banghead]  stupid b&%$&*@

I couldn't give a sh1t if Grads gets testicle cancer and dies next week.   He is the starter for now and I will support him.  When/if he is replaced he is nobody to me.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#53 : November 23, 2006, 10:27:06 PM

The game grades you dumb stupid b&%$&@ are subjective. They are different from different people. I have 2 eyes & can see the o-line, too. Trueblood & Joseph weren't even playing then. You are certainly spewing stats to support somebody you don't care about. Get your nose out of his jock & be objective.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 23, 2006, 10:32:07 PM

The game grades you dumb stupid b&%$&@ are subjective. They are different from different people. I have 2 eyes & can see the o-line, too. Trueblood & Joseph weren't even playing then. You are certainly spewing stats to support somebody you don't care about. Get your nose out of his jock & be objective.

PR are usually faor with game grades:

For Simms

D - ravens
B - falcons
C - panthers
AVERAGE - C

For Grads
C - saints
B - bengles
C - eagles
D - giants
F - saints
F - panthers
B - skins
C - cowboys
AVERAGE - D

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms. Gone, Trade, Back-up, or... Starter? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools