Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Exotic Blitz Packages / 3-4 « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: September 30, 2007, 02:22:48 PM

All off-season/training camp thats all we heard was talk about the 3-4 an new blitz packages through three games have not seen anything that would lead me to think that the Bucs plan on using any of this scheme's to produce pressure on opposing QB's.

Even though new defensive line coach Larry Coyer is rotating players in  on a regular basis the front four are not getting penetration and getting to the quarterback. When do you think the exotic blitz packages will be unveiled?

At some point the front four is going to need to step up to help the team win a game or two at this rate on the defensive side of the football this is a glaring weakness that needs to be corrected, for this team to make a serious push.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 30, 2007, 02:26:43 PM

Against Seattle, there was a 3rd down for the Seahawks.  The Bucs lined up in a 3-4 look, and then before the snap brought two LBs up to the line in a 5-2 formation.  Seattle called a TO, confused.

That's one that immediately comes to mind.  I'd have to look back at some tape to spot more.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 30, 2007, 02:29:02 PM

I do remember that play, would like to see some more things that looked like they(Coaches) are trying figure out ways to get pressure.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Exotic Blitz Packages / 3-4 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools