Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cox suspension over « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 01, 2007, 10:38:14 AM

I guess he will report today. If Caddy and Pettigout go on IR today, I expect Cox and Darby to replace them on the roster.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 01, 2007, 10:40:50 AM

The way our D and ST have been playing, I hope they cut Gold Tooth.  We don't need him.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 01, 2007, 10:41:30 AM

Is somebody craving Cox?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 01, 2007, 10:45:04 AM

The Indi special teams murdered the Broncos, the Bucs are going to need to bring the pain.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#4 : October 01, 2007, 10:46:31 AM

we need our thug back on ST to bring the g-unit mentality.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 01, 2007, 10:53:33 AM

Is somebody craving Cox?
Our D and STs seem to be doing just fine without him. Just noting that he is eligible to return today and curious to see what roster moves the team makes in the next day or two. Any PS LOTs worth signing?

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#6 : October 01, 2007, 10:56:53 AM

its a long season, we'll need all our gamers and cox for all his craziness is an ST thug. first one down and usually a disruptive force. he will make a good unit a better one.

thug life.

zed

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 01, 2007, 11:03:07 AM

Let me just call him Torrie.  He's an All Star as an STer, so I don't know why we wouldn't want him back.  Plus, he's outplayed Sammy Davis as a cornerback.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#8 : October 01, 2007, 11:35:38 AM

I would think we'd bring up Darby to replace Caddy, Anthony davis to replace Luke, and Cox would take Dante Nicholson's spot.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 01, 2007, 11:41:25 AM

Bucs will need Torrie becuase depth is a concern in the secondary.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 01, 2007, 12:55:59 PM

I would think we'd bring up Darby to replace Caddy, Anthony davis to replace Luke, and Cox would take Dante Nicholson's spot.

AD is already on the roster. He's just been inactive.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#11 : October 01, 2007, 03:26:48 PM

Please no at Anthony Davis at LT, that's the last thing I want to see is Davis getting burned.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 01, 2007, 03:29:19 PM

Please no at Anthony Davis at LT, that's the last thing I want to see is Davis getting burned.

Penn has less experience but much more upside. I hope he does well.

#13 : October 01, 2007, 03:34:29 PM

I hope he does well also, he's got a decent test in Dwight Freeney this coming week.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 01, 2007, 03:34:42 PM

If anything....

We put Cox on the active roster and release Sammy Davis.  The Bucs obviously didn't see anything in him when they released him for Madise.

As for our predicament in replacing Cadillac and Pettigout.  I'd say they'll put Anthony Davis or Donald Penn over there, depending on who performs better in pratice.  Sears played a little tackle in college, so maybe shifting him over with Buenning at guard wont be a bad idea.  HOWEVER, with how well our line has played, it probably be better not to shift it up too much.

As for our RB replacement, right now the combo of Pittman and Graham should be suffice.  They are averaging over 4 and 5 yards a carry.  However, we saw both spectrums of what Graham is capable of.  In Week 1, he fumbled the game away.  In week 3, he was an animal.  In yesterday's game, he didn't do good at all.  How many 1 yard carries did he have?  Plus he couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line.  Pittman is still a monster and let's not forget we won a Super Bowl with him.  

I say we see how these 2 perform this week against the Colts.  The only positive from Caddy's injury was the time it came.  We still have the ability to trade for a player if Pittman/Graham stink up the joint.  The thing is, you'd have to give up a first day pick to land a guy like Michael Turner.  

My predictions for roster moves THIS WEEK:
1-Torrie Cox in, Sammy Davis out
2- Kenneth Darby in, Cadillac to I.R.
3-o lineman from pratice squad, or maybe Chris Denman, Luke Pettigout to I.R.

These will most likely change.  The Bucs will bring in vet RBs/OTs that are looking for jobs.  Don't be suprised if Kevin Barlow,etc. are trying out for us this week
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cox suspension over « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools