Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The pressure is all on Indy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

zed

Pro Bowler

: October 01, 2007, 12:20:48 PM

...to beat us.  We're not expected to win and will probably beheavy underdogs.  But who among us this think we can possible steal a win?  It is possible.  Another thing, who thinks this would be the game that New Orleans - Indianapolis was supposed to be on opening night?  We have the same defense, so we'll both be familiar with one another's defense, so I think it's going to be an offensively dominated game.  I just hope it won't be the Colts offense only that will be putting up points.

Manning and company will drive the ball down the field, but let's go and punish them and hit them hard.  Let's make them earn a win if they do beat us.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 01, 2007, 12:24:50 PM

If we play mistake free football....I think we pull out the upset and boom hit the #1 power ranking in the NFC.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : October 01, 2007, 12:26:06 PM

Well, the formula to beat the Colts is to punish them with the running game.

You don't need to be a genius to see that in the first 4 games of the season the 3 games we won were due to smashmouth football. What we really did was score early, sit on the lead and run the clock. This week we basically ran the clock out from the 2nd quarter on. We could have had more points, too, but we didn't pull it together.

This game in order to score quickly we may have to pound the ball. The problem with the Colts is that we are going to have to keep the pressure on because they can score much better than any of these teams that we have faced thus far in the season.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 01, 2007, 12:27:14 PM

The good (or bad) news is that they got banged up yesterday too...let's hope for the best (or worst). ;)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071001/SPORTS03/710010354/1247/SPORTS

zed

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 01, 2007, 12:38:07 PM

That's great, so when we beat indy, we'll still be under the radar.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 01, 2007, 12:43:36 PM

I doubt Indy feel much pressure to beat us but they are expected to win.  I think their players will be pumped at the opportunity of beating the Buccs for Dungy.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 01, 2007, 12:58:27 PM

Ground control offense will be a huge key here. Keep Manning and the offense on the sidelines and have long drives that eat up clock. Indy defense will tire out, especially if Bob Sanders doesn't play. Corners need to get physical with their receivers knocking off the timing routes. They have trouble with physical defenses.

#7 : October 01, 2007, 01:00:08 PM

it is going to be one brutal game

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 01, 2007, 01:08:05 PM

They have good tight ends, and a good receiving RB.

Those are HUGE factors in beating the Bucs.

Manning is no Carr, Manning is no Beat Up Bulger with NO O-Line, Manning is no SLUMPING Brees.

Manning is an MVP, who can read a Cover 2 like a book.  I don't expect to see much from the wideouts.  I expect to see them destroy the middle, and the seams.

The guys on the second and third level need to understand crease responsibility better than ever come this sunday.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 01, 2007, 01:12:14 PM

See Superbowl 41

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 01, 2007, 01:21:48 PM

Injury report:

http://rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Marvin Harrison-WR- Colts Oct. 1 - 1:19 pm et

Colts coach Tony Dungy said Monday that Marvin Harrison (bruised knee), Joseph Addai (bruised shoulder), Bob Sanders (bruised ribs), and Rob Morris (knee) all may miss practice time this week or the team's Week 5 game.

ESPN's Quadry Ismail speculated Monday that Harrison's injury looked like "an MCL," or knee sprain, a similar injury to the one suffered by Andre Johnson. Addai's injury didn't seem serious, but these players are worth monitoring in practice reports this week. Morris may be done for the year.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 01, 2007, 01:27:29 PM

What pressure? This is the 5th game of the season, they're 4-0, at home for a 2nd straight game going into the bye week. They not feeling any pressure.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 01, 2007, 01:29:13 PM

Addai and Sanders will play, I'm sure. Harrison and Morris being sidelined for this game would be huge.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 01, 2007, 01:39:15 PM

Sanders is huge on their defense. Addai is big but if the pass rush doesn't get markedly better - Manning doesn't have Carr's decision making disorders- then it all really get immaterial.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 01, 2007, 02:06:22 PM

Can we pressure Manning?

If not, my expectations are non-existent. Manning with time, throwing against a defense he practices against every day = recipe for dominance.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The pressure is all on Indy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools