Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The pressure is all on Indy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#15 : October 01, 2007, 02:08:54 PM

it will be a tough test thats for sure. I think our defense can force some 3 and outs but we wont shut them out like the past teams. The offense is going to have to come up big, while the defense will have to do what they can against that powerful offense.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 01, 2007, 02:09:50 PM

Can we pressure Manning?

If not, my expectations are non-existent. Manning with time, throwing against a defense he practices against every day = recipe for dominance.

We'll also see the difference between playing 3 bad NFC teams (CAR might not be bad but with Carr they're awful) and playing a higher end AFC team. If nothing else it'll be a really good measuring stick of where this team actually is because right now I'm happy with the record but I'm not sure how really good we are.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : October 01, 2007, 02:18:19 PM

Even though the AFC vs. NFC thing is overrated, this is a great measuring stick to see where we are.

dopeybucsfan

Practice Squad

#18 : October 01, 2007, 02:48:04 PM

Colts will be playing on a fast track, will have the better QB and better offensive line, and have a better defense than the one they had last year, in spite of some of the injuries they had yesterday (with only the injury to Morris appearing to be serious.)  Even with the great start our Bucs have had, I just don't see us winning this one on the road.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 01, 2007, 02:50:24 PM

I can't count the Bucs out. They've stymied some high-powered offenses before. The biggest thing will be to keep Manning off the field for as long as they can.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 01, 2007, 03:31:08 PM

the defense needs to show up willing to hit like they've been hitting, particularly in the secondary.  this is not going to be a game where we can get into a track meet, even if we are more equipped than ever to do so, but if we "out physical" them and bring energy - any given Sunday...

Manning is beatable if you hit him from the opening bell.  I'd let Ronde and Buch man up and bring pressure.  You may get burned early, but you set the tone and rough Manning up or you get picked apart - i'd have fun just watching that guy get pounded for 3 hours!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 01, 2007, 03:37:59 PM

I can't count the Bucs out. They've stymied some high-powered offenses before. The biggest thing will be to keep Manning off the field for as long as they can.

And keeping him off the scoreboard when he is on the field, which is the taller order.

Indy obviously has a clear advantage in passing and scoring, and these two defenses are almost identical in efficiency, with the Bucs having a slight edge in run defense. But where I do see a possible **CENSORED** in Indy's armor that the Buc can take advantage of? Kick coverage.

Indy is ranked a very human 19th in KO return yardage (25 yds per), giving up one TD already, and last year they were 31st in punt return yardage per game. Even having only punted 4 times this year, they've already surrendered a long of 74 yards. 

So in addition to keeping Manning on the sideline and out of the endzone, field position from the return teams could be a huge factor in this game..

Assuming we can force dem bastids to punt more than they kickoff..   :(

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 01, 2007, 03:39:04 PM

The pressure is on the Champs - please - it is week 5 and they anticipate winning 11-14 games - and every one on their schedule is winnable.  

They will be anticipating an fairly typical game where they are favored and should win going away.

And with that in mind - 'phist is right.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 01, 2007, 03:40:07 PM

The interesting point is that just as Manning practices against this defense every day, so does Garcia.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 01, 2007, 03:41:54 PM

The interesting point is that just as Manning practices against this defense every day, so does Garcia.

Oh no you di-int!  :D

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 01, 2007, 04:18:22 PM

To win we need pressure from the front 4.  If that doesn't happen it's game over.  We haven't gotten legit pressure from there so far this year, and this is one of the best o-lines we'll face this year.  If Manning has time he'll shred us.  If we have to blitz he'll make us pay.  We've beaten up on some bad teams.  That's good, that's what you're supposed to do.  But this defense isn't flawless, and if there's anyone in the league that can expose those flaws it's Manning. 

One of the mistakes teams make when they play Indy is the players seem to think they need to score fast to "keep up".  That's not the right attitude.  The ones who beat them are the ones who eat up clock and don't press.  They keep it close going into the 4th.  Thats what we need to do on offense.  Against a significantly better defense than we've had to deal with so far.  And our starting LT out.  And Caddy out.

The odds of us pulling an upset are slim to none, and slim is packing his bags.  We CAN win this, if we're perfect, and leverage every strength we have, and players who haven't stepped up yet do, and Indy plays a relatively sloppy game. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 01, 2007, 04:19:54 PM

So are you saying it is gonna be a tough one to win 'doc? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 01, 2007, 04:25:52 PM

The Bucs defensive team speed and tackling is going to make this much closer than anyone thinks.  Bucs can pull it out if they can smash the Colts in the mouth and run it down their throats.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 01, 2007, 04:26:20 PM

Joseph and Sears need to show up in a big way and punish Indy's undersized tackles for us to have a chance.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 01, 2007, 04:34:04 PM

we are 10 point underdogs

You must be accountable for your actions!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The pressure is all on Indy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools