Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The pressure is all on Indy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 01, 2007, 04:37:04 PM

we are 10 point underdogs

And 3 point underdogs in Carolina, I believe.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 01, 2007, 04:44:46 PM

we are 10 point underdogs

are the lines out yet?

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 01, 2007, 04:49:54 PM

Joseph and Sears need to show up in a big way and punish Indy's undersized tackles for us to have a chance.

good point Penn really needs to show up, I forgot Indy's has undersized tackles we need to pound them the running game is a must

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 01, 2007, 04:52:41 PM

Sears has been doing a great job, and two other guys have been blocking their tails off and not getting much credit: Askew and Becht.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 02, 2007, 02:23:11 AM

I'd like to lull them to sleep. Let them get an early lead then let them think they have us put away. About seven minutes to go, they're up about 31-21, they have the ball around their 20. We force the turnover. Then they're thinking pass and Graham on a draw inside the 10. Knock it in and make it 31-28. Catch a break on a third down when one of their receivers drops a ball, get a long return from Jones and then Garcia to Galloway for the gamewinner with less than a minute to go.

In Verner We Trust

escobar

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 02, 2007, 05:11:44 AM

Can we pressure Manning?

If not, my expectations are non-existent. Manning with time, throwing against a defense he practices against every day = recipe for dominance.

The scheme is only as good as the players running it. I'll take our D players any day of the week over their D players. People forget that we were SLAUGHTERING this Colts team in 2003 before BK went down. And I don't think anyone can argue that our current D is at least as good if not better than that unit. I know that was a few years ago but on offense they are pretty much the same team. I admit it's going to be hard to get out of there with a win but I think it's more likely than people think. While we haven't been able to get the pressure we have all desired, it seems to be getting a little bit better each week. If it can get just a little bit better this week I think we have a real shot.

Speaking of pressure, how amazing is it that we have been so dominant yet haven't been getting near the pressure our 2002 or 1999 D's did? Imagine if we start to get consistent pressure, that could lead to our 2007 defensive unit being the most dominant in our history, and who the hell would have thought that before the season started?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The pressure is all on Indy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools