Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS AT COLTS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« : October 01, 2007, 01:02:20 PM »

Ok lets get right down to it. Why do teams like Jax, Denver, Pitt, Tenn, Tex play the colts so good at times. I know some of them play in the same division so they know the colts better. I know teams that run a 3-4 play can give the colts offense a hard time. Do we have to run a 3-4 and blitz manning, its not like he is that mobile.

It looks the colts D is playing better and their secondary has been laying the wood as of late, how do we attack their cover 2?, whats will be the game plan guys?

Admirebucs

Starter

« #1 : October 01, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »

I think that the colts are going to own our ass..But its okay....The game against panthers was important so we would be 3-1 going into this colts game.
BUT if we are going to win, we have to rely on turnovers. I don't believe that we can stop the colts offence but we can make turnovers and win it that way....But its a very very tough game,.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #2 : October 01, 2007, 04:21:08 PM »

Teams that do well against the colts run the ball well, and get pressure with their pass rush. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 01, 2007, 04:25:03 PM »

yea running to ball would help get colthead manning off the field for sure. we would have to make them one dimensional if we can. also how do you not get caught in the trap of having the wrong personal on the field when manning runs his 2min offense?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 01, 2007, 04:25:30 PM »

We've got to hit them. Hard.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #5 : October 01, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »

I think we are ranked #3 for pass defense. dont think manning has faced that type of pass D yet  ;D ;D

« #6 : October 01, 2007, 05:00:56 PM »

Bucs are 6th in pass defense

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 01, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »

NFL rankings won't mean anything until after Monday Night Football.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #8 : October 01, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »

Safeties over the top will be important on Wayne and Harrison.  Harrison was dinged in their last game maybe we can get lucky again.  Will be a great test for Ruud covering the TE down the middle of the field.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 01, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »

The KEY to winning against Indy is simple: TIME OF POSSESSION.

The more you keep that Colts D on the field with that back breaking WCO, the less the O can get on the field and the more rest the Defense can get. You allow the Colts to run the ball and pick up minimal gains but allow them to only score off field goals. Do not let them get in the redzone and score or that will be a demoralizing factor to the Bucs D. IF you hold their Offense to just field goals and you wear out the Defense in Indy then you can win this game by a touchdown or more.

Its all about who has the ball the most in this game.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 01, 2007, 05:13:54 PM »

Running the ball and pressure on Manning is how to beat the Colts.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #11 : October 01, 2007, 05:35:28 PM »

If BK cant go then that will move Sammy Davis to the nickel I hope he can hang with the colts #3WR

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 01, 2007, 05:40:10 PM »

The Texans, The Titans and the Jags all give Indy a run for their money.  The Bucs D is probably better than all three of these, and our offense is at least as good.  This one could be closer than most people think. 

Mark my words:  If Bob Sanders doesn't play, we have a real shot. Their D doesn't play very well without him.  Plus, either Marvin Harrision, Joseph Addai or both could be out. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

byronikbuc

Practice Squad

« #13 : October 01, 2007, 05:42:52 PM »

good points...It is about running the ball, keeping the Indy O off the field.  Then, where we seem to getting better: putting pressure on the qb.  Our d-line depth seems to result in sacks and pressures late in the game, but nothing early.  We need to create pressure somehow from the get go...

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #14 : October 01, 2007, 05:46:12 PM »

we need to also have the right guys on the field at all times so we dont get caught with are pants down when manning goes to the hurry up offense
 [banghead] [banghead]
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS AT COLTS « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools