Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS AT COLTS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #15 : October 01, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »

Not gonna happen.  This D relies on rotation.  Manning will likely steal more than a few plays with the hurry up.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #16 : October 01, 2007, 06:15:02 PM »

looking at who the colts have beat  other then the saints , they have not beat down anyone that bad  ;) ;)

1      9/6        NEW ORLEANS SAINTS  41 - 10 W
2    9/16    @ Tennessee Titans    22 - 20 W
3    9/23    @ Houston Texans    30 - 24 W
4    9/30    DENVER BRONCOS          38 - 20 W

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #17 : October 01, 2007, 06:17:35 PM »

If we run it down their throats up the middle, we'll wear them down.  I think we have the guys up front, sans Wade, to get that done.  I think we run right at Freeny too.  My thing is...How do we stop Peyton?  Other than keeping him off the field with the running game, I don't see it. 

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

« #18 : October 01, 2007, 06:21:11 PM »

John Clayton just reported the Harrison is likely to not play..... Addai will be evaluated late in the week.

« #19 : October 01, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »

He also said that knowing Harrison that he'll probably will suck it up and play.

« #20 : October 01, 2007, 06:23:57 PM »

He also said that knowing Harrison that he'll probably will suck it up and play.

On Sirius today, the thought was that with the bye coming up, they sit him and allow him to get fully healthy. I think thats a great idea  ;)

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #21 : October 01, 2007, 06:24:54 PM »

Some more Colts injury reports for the major players in the contest... 

Colts | Addai expected to play Week 5
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:55:54 -0700

Indianapolis Colts RB Joseph Addai (shoulder, back) would not say if he will be playing Week 5, but is expected to play in the game. Addai was injured during the team's Week 4 game.

Colts | Sanders not expected to play Week 5
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:46:18 -0700

Indianapolis Colts FS Bob Sanders (rib) is not expected to play Week 5. Sanders suffered a rib injury during the team's Week 4 game.

Colts | Harrison not expected to play Week 5
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:43:36 -0700

Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison (knee) is not expected to play Week 5 after suffering a knee injury in the team's Week 4 game.

« #22 : October 01, 2007, 06:25:21 PM »

I hope him and addai don't play, that would help the Bucs for sure.

« #23 : October 01, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »

Wow, Bob Sanders not playing, that will help out the Bucs a lot.

« #24 : October 01, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »

It would also help my fantasy team.... I have Dallas Clark( 2 tds yesterday  ;) )

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 01, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »

Without Bob Sanders, the entire Indy team seems to decline.

I want Indy at full strength though.  It'll be a true measurement of this team's improvements.  Plus, I'm sick of the media's excuses.  If Indy isn't at full strength, the excuses will continue...

By the way, anyone notice how everyone is praising Dallas after their beating of St. Louis?  All I heard after the TB-StL game was "what's wrong with the Rams?".  But I didn't hear one word of that this week -  it was all about what's right with the 'Boys...

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

« #26 : October 01, 2007, 06:37:43 PM »

You have to use the system created and used successfully by New England to beat the Colts. That system is...pressure manning a lot, hit their offense hard on every down, and don't turn the ball over. On the offensive side of the ball it's the same as what it takes to beat us...run the big guys up the gut and over guard North/South, hit the tight ends over the middle, and don't try to got East/West on plays.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

« #27 : October 01, 2007, 06:38:59 PM »

With those injuries on defense, we should be able to move the ball fairly well. Even if Harrison is out, the Colts will be able to move the ball effectively. They dumped 35 on Denver without having Harrison. If Addai is out, however, then we really have a shot to win this thing. And man, the injuries for all NFL teams are really starting to pile up.

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #28 : October 01, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »

You have to use the system created and used successfully by New England to beat the Colts. That system is...pressure manning a lot, hit their offense hard on every down, and don't turn the ball over. On the offensive side of the ball it's the same as what it takes to beat us...run the big guys up the gut and over guard North/South, hit the tight ends over the middle, and don't try to got East/West on plays.

Exactly right.  I just wish it was as easy as it sounds.

« #29 : October 01, 2007, 06:41:03 PM »

I disagree Borna, the way to beat the Colts has changed. Teams are realizing that no matter what you do defensively, the best you can hope for is to slow down Peyton and Co. Therefore, the only way to win is by outscoring them. The Pats realized this after last years AFC Champ game, and hence they grabbed Moss, Welker, and Stallworth.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS AT COLTS « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools