Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Head Coach Jon Gruden is off the hot-seat, period « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
: October 03, 2007, 08:13:18 PM

PFT likes getting reader count to get sponsors to make money. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 03, 2007, 08:11:12 PM

Not for nothing - but you are reading a rumour mill fretquently supplied by bad sources Bayfisher.  "They" frequently make things up and call it news.  From Dr. Stroud to Dumbdog - and occassionally by head know little to nothing Cummings - who still hasn't found anyone from the buccs that will talk to him since Rich McKay left town. 
I know it is a rumor mill but it was still strange.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 03, 2007, 08:08:18 PM

Not for nothing - but you are reading a rumour mill fretquently supplied by bad sources Bayfisher.  "They" frequently make things up and call it news.  From Dr. Stroud to Dumbdog - and occassionally by head know little to nothing Cummings - who still hasn't found anyone from the buccs that will talk to him since Rich McKay left town. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 03, 2007, 07:58:45 PM

I found this hard to understand. They say the Glazers are still looking to make a change, regardless of how the season turns out.  Maybe some will get there wish after all.  I think Gruden should be the coach.  With the correct personnel he is successful. Sorry if this was posted before. I didn't see it.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

RUMORS FLY THAT REID IS ON HIS WAY OUT

After a tumultuous personal offseason involving legal troubles for two of his sons and a disappointing 1-3 start to the 2007 campaign, it should surprise no one that rumors are circulating that Eagles coach Andy Reid will step down after the season, if not sooner.

The fact that these events are unfolding in Philadelphia will only make the storm more intense.  The unexpected qualification of the Phillies for the baseball playoffs could stave off the bulk of the scrutiny for as long as a month, but eventually the Phils will be done -- and the focus will shift back to the Eagles.

And the name to watch in this regard is Jon Gruden.

Gruden's star is back on the rise as he leads the Bucs out of last season's disaster to a 3-1 start.  If he can find a way to beat the Colts on Sunday without tailback Cadillac Williams and left tackle Luke Petitgout, Gruden will shoot straight to the top of the "A" list.  Though that might prompt some to conclude that the Glazers will decide that they don't want to let Gruden go if he can propel the Buccaneers back to the postseason, the talk in league and media circles is that ownership is ready to make a change, regardless of how this season plays out.

With that said, we wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa try to recover some of the draft picks and/or cash that was sent to Oakland when Gruden was hired in 2002.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 01, 2007, 03:34:19 PM

TK's take:

http://community.abcactionnews.com/blogs/sportstalk/archive/2007/10/01/2017711.aspx

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 01, 2007, 03:40:09 PM

With all the Gurden bashers who says this team doesn't respect him, I think TK's bound to see a dip in his TV ratings for this one.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 01, 2007, 03:40:54 PM

Hmmm....

BornaBucko said:
Off the hot seat??? What happens now that Petigout and Blown Tire Boy are gone for the year and the bucs go 2-10 the rest of the season???

MARK IT DOWN!!!
October 1, 2007 2:34 PM

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : October 01, 2007, 03:45:31 PM

I spent about 7 months on TBBB against the bashers.  Eventually I deleted my account over after tiring of their constant bashing of the Buc's head coach.  Those same idiots are now his biggest supporters (it appears).  I'm happy to see Jon Gruden winning again. I hate to see him lose two of his best players on offense. I hope backup players will step up and other key players can stay healthy.

#8 : October 01, 2007, 03:47:36 PM

Seems a large part of the bashers over here have disappeared... to be replaced by the all the new posters that are curiously showing up over the last few weeks.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 01, 2007, 03:51:56 PM

It's funny how people just disappear when they've made themselves look foolish and ignorant.

Mostly the "Fire Gruden Now" idiots.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

superbuc

Practice Squad
#10 : October 01, 2007, 03:54:53 PM

I spent about 7 months on TBBB against the bashers. Eventually I deleted my account over after tiring of their constant bashing of the Buc's head coach. Those same idiots are now his biggest supporters (it appears). I'm happy to see Jon Gruden winning again. I hate to see him lose two of his best players on offense. I hope backup players will step up and other key players can stay healthy.

How do you delete an account?  I've tried and tried to like that board again and just can't!  It's sucked for about 2 years now and I've realized the masses are just have their anti Gru-Allen opinions and can't give credit where it's due.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#11 : October 01, 2007, 03:56:34 PM

Seems a large part of the bashers over here have disappeared... to be replaced by the all the new posters that are curiously showing up over the last few weeks.

True, very true.  I can't take it anymore, though.  I'd say that's one part of the organization that is just mis-managed.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : October 01, 2007, 03:57:14 PM

The best argument against changing head coaches  - just for "change sake" is at SD/Norv Turner. Glad that the Glazers stuck with their man and resisted the call for a new coach after last season.  Just one or two key players can make all the difference in the world for a franchise as was the case w/ Jeff Garcia.

Re: deleting an account - I e-mailed one of the mods and requested a "lifetime" ban - just to keep me from ever getting the urge to post there again.

bucs8ball

Starter

#13 : October 01, 2007, 03:58:01 PM

I've found the haters are lurking around the "comment" sections of newspapers with hit and runs.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2007/09/williams-petitg.html#comments

Tom, 3-2 next week, what are you going to say then? Today's win is impressive and if you can read, what offensive draft pick has Gruden brought in? Don't credit him with Kiffen's defense you stupid clown. Remember Kiffen was here before Gruden, and he is the only thing that has kept the ship from sinking. He is the constant, the DE has always been good even when Gruden tries to throw them under the bus.

All you pro Gruden people need to slow down. There isn't any bandwagon to jump on yet. The Saints and Rams were not playing well at all, and the Panthers were without their starting quarterback and middle linebacker. These were games that were against teams the will be 16 and out. Gruden doesn't know how to step on the opponent's throat. How about that goal line stand by the Panthers? That was a failure on Gruden's part, not any significant effort by the Panthers. It was unimaginative play calling. This isn't the first time that I have watched Gruden's play calling and said "what the !@5%# was that?" The Bucs went conservative with a 14 point lead and should have scored at least another 20 points, and if any of you people thumbing your noses with the "I told you so", think that is going to work against any real competition, like the Colts, Cowboys, you have a big surprise coming. Gruden gave us a skinny blocking tight end (Clayton), and a glass running back who couldn't catch a football in a zero gravity chamber. He doesn't know players, and he doesn’t understand strategy. There are always teams that start fast out of the gate, but you geniuses need to realize that it's how strong you finish. Talk to after we play a playoff caliber football team.

did you see the way "papa" gruden hugged barber and brooks coming off he field?

how fake can you get by gruden "showing love"

both barber and brooks looked as if they were being hugged by a rosie odonnell who had not bathed in a month.

i hate gruden.........he is such a 2-faced fake.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 01, 2007, 04:00:07 PM

Yeah, there are quite a few new screen names out there Illuminator.  And most of them have the same venom-laced style as the haters did, except now they lash out at anyone who suggests the team is less than perfect...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Head Coach Jon Gruden is off the hot-seat, period « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools