Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Head Coach Jon Gruden is off the hot-seat, period « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#105 : October 03, 2007, 01:51:45 PM

What does it matter how long it took? If you said it - you should still own it.

I do own it I said it was my opinion that behind a decent O-line (which he never had here) he would be a great QB. If you think that means I think he is a great QB, then go with it. I don't happen to have that same opinion now a year later because of what I saw or didn't see from TC, but either way I never said he was a great QB.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#106 : October 03, 2007, 01:58:51 PM

I do own it I said it was my opinion that behind a decent O-line (which he never had here) he would be a great QB. If you think that means I think he is a great QB, then go with it. I don't happen to have that same opinion now a year later because of what I saw or didn't see from TC, but either way I never said he was a great QB.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#107 : October 03, 2007, 02:04:59 PM

Nice image, Buc.

What this fellow seems to believe is that an OL makes a QB great or not great. Greatness is a part of the QB, regardless of the line in front of him.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#108 : October 03, 2007, 03:02:57 PM

Wow - that is interesting info M~J~S. Certainly can see why the Glazers wanted this team.

So, the debt structure of the Glazers buy-out isn't limiting them in any way?

gone

Hall of Famer
#109 : October 03, 2007, 02:08:04 PM

He doesn't seem to understand how a search feature works.... but he's sure he knows how a football team works....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#110 : October 03, 2007, 02:09:55 PM

He doesn't seem to understand how a search feature works.... but he's sure he knows how a football team works....

LOL! That's some truly funny stuff, caradoc.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#111 : October 03, 2007, 02:35:45 PM

Hilarious - and I'm sure he's digging through our histories right now to try and dig up some stuff.

At least that'll occupy him for a while.

I still don't know what he was saying (or not saying)...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#112 : October 03, 2007, 02:37:02 PM

I still don't know what he was saying (or not saying)...

To be honest, it really isn't important.

#113 : October 03, 2007, 02:59:51 PM

I do own it I said it was my opinion that behind a decent O-line (which he never had here) he would be a great QB. If you think that means I think he is a great QB, then go with it. 

Here UM, try this: "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#114 : October 03, 2007, 02:46:41 PM

Manchester United bleeding cash,

2007 will probably be a pretty profitable year for Man United having won the Premier League, reached the FA Cup final and the European Cup semi-final.  There was also a new TV deal that pushed the prize money for winning the Premier League up from $60 million to $100 million.

Man United made around $80 million from prize and TV money in 2005/6, and that went up by $50 million to $130 million for the 2006/7 season.  That doesn't include gate receipts or merchandise sales, both of which will see huge rises because of the on field success.  They also have a new shirt sponsorship deal with AIG that is worth $28 million a year,  which is an increase of $10 million a year over the old sponsor.

Once all the numbers have been crunched their income will probably be up around $100 million for the 2007 financial season.  They spent around $100 million on new players this summer but that was offset by selling players for around $48 million.  The bottom line should be around $50 million up on the previous year.

Thanks for the update mjs.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#115 : October 03, 2007, 03:32:52 PM

Wow - that is interesting info M~J~S. Certainly can see why the Glazers wanted this team.

So, the debt structure of the Glazers buy-out isn't limiting them in any way?

The Glazers are very savvy businessmen, and they had a plan when they bought Man United.  One of the main areas that they hoped to increase revenue was by taking control of the clubs TV rights.  Man United are a massive draw when they negotiate the collective agreement, and if they could somehow sell their own games like Barcelona and Madrid the revenues would go threw the roof.

That plan was torpedoed for the time being with the new TV deal, but eventually they will get the pay-for-view rights for the games aired abroad.  There are thousands of Man United fans worldwide that would pay $20 game for 30+ home games a year.  That would rake in tens of millions for the foreign games, and right now United only get $6 million a year with the collective agreement.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#116 : October 03, 2007, 09:34:22 PM

What this fellow seems to believe is that an OL makes a QB great or not great. Greatness is a part of the QB, regardless of the line in front of him.

DTG,
Though I agree a QB has some innate characteristics to be GREAT...I do believe he needs an OL to truly be Great...JMO

You must be accountable for your actions!

blitz

Pro Bowler
#117 : October 03, 2007, 09:51:31 PM

Not for nothing - but you are reading a rumour mill fretquently supplied by bad sources Bayfisher. "They" frequently make things up and call it news. From Dr. Stroud to Dumbdog - and occassionally by head know little to nothing Cummings - who still hasn't found anyone from the buccs that will talk to him since Rich McKay left town.

dbucfan...you nailed that one to the wall.   The Glazers know exactly what they're doing and what the state of their ballclub is.   Letting Gruden bag Garcia, the Sears pick and the 5 others on D indicate they believe in the current regime.  The start of the season gives them a level of comfort and a couple more wins including an upset of the Colts will give them the ammunition to ignite the contract talks.  

Gruden has shewdly changed his on field demeanor and is sweetening his relationship with the press.   He in fact has studied the perceived weaknesses in his PR game and has plugged the leaks in the dike.    The guy is committed to this team and to staying in Tampa.   The Glazers in turn will offer him a contract when the wind is clearly blowing from the right direction.   Could be following the victory over the Colts this week.  

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Head Coach Jon Gruden is off the hot-seat, period « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools