Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Head Coach Jon Gruden is off the hot-seat, period « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

superbuc

Practice Squad
#15 : October 01, 2007, 04:00:25 PM

Bucs8 is that last one a guy on the radio?!

bucs8ball

Starter

#16 : October 01, 2007, 04:00:52 PM

The best argument against changing head coaches - just for "change sake" is at SD/Norv Turner. Glad that the Glazers stuck with their man and resisted the call for a new coach after last season. Just one or two key players can make all the difference in the world for a franchise as was the case w/ Jeff Garcia.

That's been my point all along. Why get rid of a coach you know can get your team to the Super Bowl with someone who is a retread?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 01, 2007, 04:01:06 PM

Wow, that last quote is just ... wow.  Maybe it's just *my* bias showing, but I thought the shots of Gruden hugging his players was awesome.

bucs8ball

Starter

#18 : October 01, 2007, 04:02:02 PM

LOL

Bucs8 is that last one a guy on the radio?!

:D

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 01, 2007, 04:03:06 PM

There is going to be lots of crow cooking around this town if the Bucs win the division.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 01, 2007, 04:04:37 PM

Maybe it's just *my* bias showing, but I thought the shots of Gruden hugging his players was awesome.

The players really like it.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 01, 2007, 04:04:51 PM

The Bucs haters are funny.  It must be so miserable to go through life that angry.  

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 01, 2007, 04:08:01 PM

Seems a large part of the bashers over here have disappeared... to be replaced by the all the new posters that are curiously showing up over the last few weeks.

you like to march around with a holier than thou attitude I notice. You aren't always right and from your posts Ive read you are seldom making any bold statements that may be wrong. you just sit in the shadows and run your mouth about everyone and everything. youre weak

superbuc

Practice Squad
#23 : October 01, 2007, 04:25:43 PM

Maybe it's just *my* bias showing, but I thought the shots of Gruden hugging his players was awesome.

The players really like it.

Yeah, you could totally tell.  They weren't quick hugs either.  Nice to see. 

Folks will say, "winning does that", but, Gruden is just different this year. 

Even before the first game, it was the first time I've heard him in a long time talk about "winning a championship".  He's now said those words or "get in the tournament" like he was a couple-3 years ago. 

Whether he was on the hot seat or not (he alluded to liking the hotseat in pre-season) he has an urgency like he did when he first got here.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 01, 2007, 04:35:05 PM

Umm, no, this season is a long way from done. We've beaten some bad teams. If this thing grinds in at 7-9 that's still an awful record given how awful the competition we're gonna play is. Plus, you look at the lack of production from rookies and younger players, especially on offense and among the first rounders, you figure that dumpster diving for Garcia and their ilk only gets you so far.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#25 : October 01, 2007, 04:36:59 PM

I agree with Dal...don't fool yourself into thinking he is off the hot seat.

We won 3 good games. The problem is that we don't have a lot of production from younger guys on offense. Our talent evaluation over the years has been extremely suspect and to be quite honest he doesn't deserve an extension at this point. There is a lot of football to be played.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 01, 2007, 04:38:08 PM

To say he's off the hot seat would make the assumption that he was on the hot seat in the first place.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 01, 2007, 04:41:14 PM

To say he's off the hot seat would make the assumption that he was on the hot seat in the first place.

Yes, making the assumption that Malcom and the Glazer-ettes haven't changed into Hugh "I don't care" Culverhouse and care about outcomes was part of that.

There's no excuse with how piss poor the NFC has been, how bad our division in the NFC in particular looks, that we aren't an 8-8 team. If he's 7-9 after this season and still working here then the Amish Brother has just stopped caring.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 01, 2007, 04:42:33 PM

Yes, making the assumption that Malcom and the Glazer-ettes haven't changed into Hugh "I don't care" Culverhouse and care about outcomes was part of that.

Dad really isn't involved, and hasn't been for quite some time.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#29 : October 01, 2007, 04:43:13 PM

If he wasn't or isn't now he needs to be.

Team building is an important skill in the NFL. You can't just rely on 30+ year old free agents and have a revolving door of players. A lot of positions are not just plug and play and unfortunately, that's what we look like. I like the wins so far but how long can this last?

One must look to the future to understand the problem with giving Gruden an extension.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Head Coach Jon Gruden is off the hot-seat, period « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools