Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Head Coach Jon Gruden is off the hot-seat, period « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

superbuc

Practice Squad
#30 : October 01, 2007, 04:43:29 PM

I'm far from saying/thinking the Bucs are going to win the SB this year.  However, I was saying 9-7, 10-6 most of the offseason.  I think Bruce and Gru made some very good moves this offseason (Garcia and June come to mind).

As for dal using the term "dumpster diving",  the Patriots built their team that way for the first couple of SBs.  The Raiders were contenders with Gannon at QB for a few years in a row.  I guess there's nothing wrong with dumpster diving when you find diamonds in the rough!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 01, 2007, 04:44:34 PM

I love how if you bring up schedule when talking about a 4-12 season it's homerism and making excuses, but start off 3-1 and the reason is the soft schedule.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#32 : October 01, 2007, 04:45:49 PM

19 IRs last year put him on the hot seat.

3 IRs thus far in 4 games this year .. a few more of those and he'll end up back on the hot seat.

its a game of health. at full strength the bucs seem to be a tournament team. they are now minus their RB and LT. huge losses with weak depth on the OL.

this season is far from over. gruden has proven he can do good things with this team given a healthy hand .. but handcuffed by injuries, it'll be difficult to sustain the dominance.

what i like right now is the team unity and chemistry. even last year when the team was misfiring, the one thing gruden did was keep the team in tact. i don't recall any kris jenkins, tiki barber type dissension going on here in a 4-12 season. that speaks volumes.

one thing i didn't like in Gruden's latest PC was throwing Tim Wansley under the bus. the dude is already out of the NFL, probably minding his own business but to take a shot at a guy like that was uncalled for.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 01, 2007, 04:48:51 PM

If he wasn't or isn't now he needs to be.

Team building is an important skill in the NFL. You can't just rely on 30+ year old free agents and have a revolving door of players. A lot of positions are not just plug and play and unfortunately, that's what we look like. I like the wins so far but how long can this last?

One must look to the future to understand the problem with giving Gruden an extension.

davin joseph, trueblood, sears, alex smith, ruud, june, haye, phillips, tanard jackson, buchanan, etc.  It's not like there is no youth.  Come on, enough of that crap.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 01, 2007, 04:51:42 PM

One must look to the future to understand the problem with giving Gruden an extension.

I think it's more likely that he'll get an extension than not.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 01, 2007, 04:57:48 PM

I love how if you bring up schedule when talking about a 4-12 season it's homerism and making excuses, but start off 3-1 and the reason is the soft schedule.

No, a schedule can't explain 4-12 when we lost to such teams as ATL and CAR (neither of whom was all that good),  It wasn't like we just lost to "who we should lose to".  Again, you fail to ponder and argument past the sounds bites you can understand.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 01, 2007, 04:58:25 PM

The problem is that we don't have a lot of production from younger guys on offense.

Not at the skill positions, no.  But to be fair, the offensive line is looking like it may be an actual NFL-worthy unit this year.  Sure, it'd be nice to something out of Stovall, but I'll take production in the trenches.

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#37 : October 01, 2007, 05:02:37 PM

A little premature but I hope that is the case...means we will have a winning season.  Don't confuse people not liking Gruden with people not liking the Bucs.  There is a difference.  Hey, a lot of people didn't like Dungy..a lot of people don't like Gruden.  Everyone likes when we win though.  Go Bucs!!!

Feed Earnest Graham!  Earnest Graham HUNGRY!!!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 01, 2007, 05:14:14 PM

Dont know for sure if he is off the hot seat, after 4 games there is still a long road to go at this point in the season, not having you best LT, and one of the better runners on the team will not help, the games will get tougher. Gruden will have to pull some tricks out of his bag to get the team to believe they can win with out both Petitgout and Williams. The team will have to count on an undrafted free agent LT weather it be Davis or Penn is still up in the air, Pittman can give something in the running game, but Graham is still untested to this point if he can carry the load or even pick up a bigger piece of the slack now.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 01, 2007, 05:18:26 PM

No, a schedule can't explain 4-12 when we lost to such teams as ATL and CAR (neither of whom was all that good), It wasn't like we just lost to "who we should lose to". Again, you fail to ponder and argument past the sounds bites you can understand.

I understand perfectly that people who wanted to write the team off before the season started are very quick to point ot the cumulative record of the teams we have beaten (plus any key injuries those teams may have had).  I also understand that some of those same people were very quick to criticize during the offseason when people pointed out the difficulty of the Bucs schedule last season (as well as key injuries that the team may have had). 

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 01, 2007, 05:21:10 PM

It's the NFL, I bet a few 0-4 teams win next week. Let me look at the schedules to make some upset picks.

If Gruden keeps this team together after these deflating injuries then wins 9-11 games and he deserves an extension, a long one. Go Bucs and Go Gruden!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 01, 2007, 05:27:04 PM

Notice also that the media continuously asks Gruden about last year. The press in this area just refuse to drop it and move on.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 01, 2007, 05:30:54 PM

Notice also that the media continuously asks Gruden about last year. The press in this area just refuse to drop it and move on.

That's because 3-1 with great defense and with very good QB play isn't doom and gloom enough to sell papers.

Btw, Around the Horn will talk about the Panthers struggles instead of the Bucs domination in a few minutes.

Personally, I like the under the radar flight path!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#43 : October 01, 2007, 09:22:00 PM

Bornabucko is an idiot! 

BornaBucko said:
Off the hot seat??? What happens now that Petigout and Blown Tire Boy are gone for the year and the bucs go 2-10 the rest of the season???

MARK IT DOWN!!!

#44 : October 01, 2007, 09:28:55 PM

Hmmm....

BornaBucko said:
Off the hot seat??? What happens now that Petigout and Blown Tire Boy are gone for the year and the bucs go 2-10 the rest of the season???

MARK IT DOWN!!!
October 1, 2007 2:34 PM

Born said that? what is wrong with him?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Head Coach Jon Gruden is off the hot-seat, period « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools