Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sources Bucs talking to Vikings about Moore! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 01, 2007, 10:51:53 PM

how good is this dude?

Moore has averaged 4.8 yards-per-carry and 9.5 yards-per-catch in his three-year career.

In nine career starts Moore has averaged 132.1 total yards from scrimmage.

#16 : October 01, 2007, 10:56:06 PM

..... yet he couldn't beat out Chester Taylor. I'll pass!!!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 01, 2007, 10:58:41 PM

Hence the poor man's Westbrook.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 01, 2007, 11:14:28 PM

Pittman has more experience as a third down back in this offense so I am not sure how Moore would fit in.   I suppose they are afraid that if Pittman goes down then the depth at RB due to lack of experience is worrisome?

#19 : October 01, 2007, 10:59:59 PM

Hence the poor man's Westbrook.

Moore?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 01, 2007, 11:00:09 PM

Taylor is good and AD is obviously even better.

Mewelde Moore is a good 3rd down back.  With Pittman, Darby and Graham I am not too fond of the potential addition of another third down back.

Plus since people whined so much about Carnell not staying healthy well Moore is not the pinnacle of staying healthy.

He can make plays as a third down back and is a good special teamer but frankly he does not bring anything to the table that the Bucs do not already have on their roster.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 01, 2007, 11:01:06 PM

Oh please you say that like Chester Taylor is a bad back. Taylor had over 1500 total yards and six touchdowns last year.

#22 : October 01, 2007, 11:07:22 PM

Oh please you say that like Chester Taylor is a bad back. Taylor had over 1500 total yards and six touchdowns last year.

Taylor was so great that after they signed him as a free agent and gave him nice $$$, they went out and drafted Peterson.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 01, 2007, 11:10:36 PM

Taylor was so great that after they signed him as a free agent and gave him nice $$$, they went out and drafted Peterson.

The cowboys are looking to draft D. McFadden and Id have to say Marion Barber is pretty good. The Bears drafted Cedric Benson when they had Thomas Jones.

#24 : October 01, 2007, 11:15:53 PM

The cowboys are looking to draft D. McFadden

Link?

The Bears drafted Cedric Benson when they had Thomas Jones.

That was brilliant  :o

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 01, 2007, 11:21:44 PM

I'd rather be trying to trade for Chester Taylor....but Mewlede Moore sounds interesting.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 01, 2007, 11:26:54 PM

I think they are holding back on AP's workload due to his injury history.  Maybe good intentions or not (or deserve heat for not playing their best player like AP more) but Taylor is important for Childress in limiting AP's carries.

Moore can contribute on special teams but then again so can Graham so I am not sure how Moore fits in.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 01, 2007, 11:41:21 PM

Mewelde Moore is much more than a third down back. He is a deceptively powerful runner and is comparable to Marion Barber. Ive seen him punish defenders. Not to mention he throws a prettier halfback pass than Tomlinson  ;)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 01, 2007, 11:46:15 PM

Moore is garbage, that's why they chose Peterson and grabbed Chester. He's all looks and no production, not a good player and for a late 2nd??? That's awful

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 01, 2007, 11:47:20 PM

Mewelde Moore is much more than a third down back. He is a deceptively powerful runner and is comparable to Marion Barber. Ive seen him punish defenders. Not to mention he throws a prettier halfback pass than Tomlinson ;)

So, a player that was inactive for the last game is this great? Come on man, dude isn't even playing right now.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sources Bucs talking to Vikings about Moore! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools