Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sources Bucs talking to Vikings about Moore! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#30 : October 01, 2007, 11:51:16 PM

Sometimes things are situational.

How is he that bad, keepon? His stats certainly aren't. He is a bit of a fumbler, though.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 01, 2007, 11:54:00 PM

For a late conditional day 2 draft pick, I wouldn't mind adding him. But I would still rather see us give the oppurtunity of 3rd string back to Darby.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 01, 2007, 11:55:27 PM

Mewelde Moore is much more than a third down back. He is a deceptively powerful runner and is comparable to Marion Barber. Ive seen him punish defenders. Not to mention he throws a prettier halfback pass than Tomlinson ;)

So, a player that was inactive for the last game is this great? Come on man, dude isn't even playing right now.

Thats because he is buried on the depth chart behind a 1st round draft pick and a 1200 yard back. I am not saying hes the greatest thing since sliced bread, Im just saying he would be better than any of the RBs on our active roster.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#33 : October 01, 2007, 11:56:49 PM

Mewelde would be the kind of player that would thrive in a Gruden system with Jeff Garcia at QB. If he can be had for a 5 or a 6, it is an absolute steal IMO.

To everyone knocking him b/c he couldn't beat out so-and-so in Minnesota -- why on earth are you putting any stock in the decision making process of a franchise that thinks Tarvaris Jackson is a solution at QB?

#34 : October 01, 2007, 11:58:28 PM

Moore is garbage, that's why they chose Peterson and grabbed Chester. He's all looks and no production, not a good player and for a late 2nd??? That's awful

That's late second day, not second round. You can't give much less than a late second day pick.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 02, 2007, 12:01:41 AM

..... yet he couldn't beat out Chester Taylor. I'll pass!!!

Moore is garbage, that's why they chose Peterson and grabbed Chester. He's all looks and no production, not a good player and for a late 2nd??? That's awful

Have you seen him play?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 02, 2007, 12:03:28 AM

Moore isn't anything more than a depth add, if this rumor is true.

Couldn't hurt, but anything more than a fifth would suck for the Bucs...

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#37 : October 02, 2007, 12:03:44 AM

Have you seen him play?

At either the NFL or College -- because kid was a stud at Tulane. I think he still owns the C-USA yards from scrimmage record for a single season.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 02, 2007, 12:08:58 AM

Have you seen him play?

At either the NFL or College -- because kid was a stud at Tulane. I think he still owns the C-USA yards from scrimmage record for a single season.

NFL. Ive seen him play a couple times but the two games I clearly remeber were against Tennesee and Green Bay and he was an absolute monster. He caught the ball, he outran defenders, and he ran defenders over.

#39 : October 02, 2007, 12:18:45 AM

Have you seen him play?

Absolutely.... and I've never come away impressed.

You say he's buried behind Taylor and Peterson..... thats BS. If he was so great, as you think, they wouldn't have brought those guys in. After all, he was there before they them.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 02, 2007, 12:26:53 AM

Have you seen him play?

Absolutely.... and I've never come away impressed.

You say he's buried behind Taylor and Peterson..... thats BS. If he was so great, as you think, they wouldn't have brought those guys in. After all, he was there before they them.

I told you, I dont think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, I believe he is better than any RB on our active roster. He is also leaps and bounds better than Kenneth Darby. Ive seen him make absolutely execptional plays and he has produced solid numbers with the few opportunities he has been given. If he can be had for a second day draft pick I say why not. With the exception of this previous draft class, our second day draft picks generally dont even make the team. Im just in awe that some of you are comfortable with our current RB situation.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#41 : October 02, 2007, 02:58:08 AM

Gee, the Bucs just spent a late round pick on Darby.  Why add him to the practice squad if your just gonna go beat the bushes for a retread?

Frankly.....Mo Williams is my guy.   Didn't he invent the whizzinator????

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#42 : October 02, 2007, 04:18:23 AM

Gee, the Bucs just spent a late round pick on Darby. Why add him to the practice squad if your just gonna go beat the bushes for a retread?

In short, because you still can.  In two weeks when the trade deadline passes, we will be out of options.  Either way, we are talking about someone who would almost certainly be 3rd on the RB depth chart, so if we can get a decent player that can take some carries now and again to give Graham and Pittman a break now and again by trading a late draft pick, you seriously consider it, then later in the season, if someone gets hurt, you still have Darby available.  If we were 1-3 or 0-4 and either the Panthers or Saints looked like they were going to run away with the division (like it was last year when Sims got hurt), then you just circle the wagons and hold what you've got.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 02, 2007, 06:22:23 AM

I like the idea, though in Minnesota they do do a great job run blocking, so.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 02, 2007, 08:24:33 AM

The latest day pick they have IIRC is a 5.  They traded the 7 for Plummer and the 6 for Sims. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sources Bucs talking to Vikings about Moore! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools