Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sources Bucs talking to Vikings about Moore! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 02, 2007, 08:36:38 AM

Have you seen him play?

Absolutely.... and I've never come away impressed.

You say he's buried behind Taylor and Peterson..... thats BS. If he was so great, as you think, they wouldn't have brought those guys in. After all, he was there before they them.

Me as well, never been impressed with him and the fact that Minn grabbed Taylor then drafted Peterson speaks volumes. If he was productive this wouldn't be an option.

Anything more than a 5th would be murder.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 02, 2007, 08:46:07 AM

Gee, the Bucs just spent a late round pick on Darby. Why add him to the practice squad if your just gonna go beat the bushes for a retread?

Frankly.....Mo Williams is my guy. Didn't he invent the whizzinator????

Onterrio Smith. What makes you think Darby can accomplish anything? He hasnt played a regular season snap.
Mewelde Moore is 25 I would hardly call him a retread.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#47 : October 02, 2007, 09:11:16 AM

if priest holmes was any good why would b-more have traded him .. why wouldn't texas have played him?

if delhomo was so good why wouldn't the aints have played him ..

sometimes the scene, the system, the surroundings, etc make a player play better or worse than his innate abilities. not sure if a player should be discounted because AP was drafted after him .. remember, Minn has been through some regime changes and personnel changes over the past few years. i don't think there's an accurate read on any of their backs ..

mewelde moore. i know nothing about him. just making the point that he might not be better or worse than chester taylor -- question is, can he fit with the bucs and the system?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 02, 2007, 11:08:38 AM

Moore is the type of back that could flourish in Gruden's offense. He can run the ball fine and catches it very well, and better yet, he has only one fumble in 370 touches.

Sometimes a player just needs the right situation to shine.

dodda45

Starter
#49 : October 02, 2007, 12:41:44 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Moore is also a VERY good punt returner and pretty good with kickoffs. I think he was one of the league leaders in punt returns at for a couple of years.    This guy would be a very nice pickup...problem is...I don't know why Minnesota would give him up...Yes they have two good backs but  this guy is a very good receiver and special teams player...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sources Bucs talking to Vikings about Moore! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools