Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the loss to Auburn doesn't hurt the Gators « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

: October 02, 2007, 07:47:57 PM

They play LSU this week and if they win they'll be right back in the top 5.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 03, 2007, 12:01:58 AM

problem is with their secondary chances are they will lose.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 03, 2007, 07:06:47 AM

bigger problem is they forget they have players not named tebow or harvin.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 03, 2007, 08:14:48 AM

You are of course completely correct!  However, the word "IF" shows that it is anything but assured that UF will beat LSU.   Of course in UF's favor is they have beaten LSU 15 times and lost only 5 times in the last 20 years.

Should they prevail and pull of the likely? victory most assuredly UF will be back in the hunt.  However on that million to one chance?  that they lose UF chances at at a return trip to the MNC would be slim to none.

Wouldn't it be great if UF and USF played in a BCS bowl? 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 03, 2007, 08:43:53 AM

Wouldn't it be great if UF and USF played in a BCS bowl?
I was just thinking the same thing. Shoot me now ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 03, 2007, 12:34:58 PM

Even if UF pulled the upset and ran the rest of the schedule (at UK, at USC-east) they'd probably have to play LSU again.  The odds of beating LSU twice are lotto like.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 03, 2007, 01:12:25 PM

If Meyer insists on Tebow Right and Tebow Dive 4 freakin times in a row this week, Florida's goin down ugly.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Snook

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 03, 2007, 01:50:05 PM

I don't think UF will have any problems with LSU.  But it will be interesting to see Tebow go against that D...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 04, 2007, 05:07:19 PM

I don't think UF will have any problems with LSU.  But it will be interesting to see Tebow go against that D...

It will all depend on what LSU team shows up.  They are a really talented college football team and far more balanced than UF.

UF historically has never shown themselves to be a great road team... Could it be because of all those home games they schedule every season?   Certainly that is an interesting hypothesis that has merit.  Ole Miss nearly pulled it off 2 weekends ago..

JMO but I think LSU will take UF down.. Even with "felony charged" Joiner playing!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 04, 2007, 07:34:18 PM

at least he didnt get tasered...

lsu should be too much for UF, but you never know with CFB.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 05, 2007, 12:16:39 PM

at least he didnt get tasered...

lsu should be too much for UF, but you never know with CFB.

Tasering versus felony charge?   Personally, though painful I would prefer the tasering to the felony.

Of course in Gainesville, I am sure that felony will be reduced to misdemeanor in record breaking time after all TONY has got to play Saturday!!

To bad when Peter Warrick was initially charged with a Felony for some "discount shopping", he not only had to miss the Miami game, but also a couple of others while the less expedient Tally SA obviously was not given such a "rush" by Tally boosters!

Seriously, I have no problem with Joiner having his charges reduced after going through normal procedures but this "PLAY AT ALL COSTS" now! is a bit troubling.

Of course if the Criminal Justice system has even a smidgen of ethics, Joiner will not get the Felony reduced that quickly.

That most certainly would restore at least some of my faith in "Fair and Equal" treatment of crime in Gainesville.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 05, 2007, 01:44:17 PM

Yes, Joiner should be punished.
Though he wasn't involved in an assault an officer like Geno Hayes and Joe Surratt, he should face the same punishment as Hayes
and not be allowed to start.

Let him play just not start.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 05, 2007, 02:09:58 PM

Well in absolutely record time all charges were dropped against Joiner!!   Once again proving that getting kids on the field for important than just about anything in Gainesville...

Funny I always heard that the criminal justice system works very slow?  Guess that isn't the case in Gainesville!!

For the record.. P Warrick was charged one time with a felony which I don't believe is any more serious than what Joiner did.
Warrick sat for several games including Miami .. Once it was reduced to a misdemeanor Bowden allowed him back on the team.

Urban won't have to make any decision since :"GATOR" law enforcement continues to make a total mockery of the criminal justice system in Gainesville as far as Student athletes are concerned...  Shameful!!

Breaking into an impound lot to take his girlfriends car at 4:30am is su**CENSORED**ious and not grounds for dropping all charges 3-4 days later?   Geesh!  That is outragous!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 05, 2007, 02:21:14 PM

Well in absolutely record time all charges were dropped against Joiner!! Once again proving that getting kids on the field for important than just about anything in Gainesville...

Funny I always heard that the criminal justice system works very slow? Guess that isn't the case in Gainesville!!

For the record.. P Warrick was charged one time with a felony which I don't believe is any more serious than what Joiner did.
Warrick sat for several games including Miami .. Once it was reduced to a misdemeanor Bowden allowed him back on the team.

Urban won't have to make any decision since :"GATOR" law enforcement continues to make a total mockery of the criminal justice system in Gainesville as far as Student athletes are concerned... Shameful!!

Breaking into an impound lot to take his girlfriends car at 4:30am is su**CENSORED**ious and not grounds for dropping all charges 3-4 days later? Geesh! That is outragous!
Are you really bringing this up?

Geno Hayes.......... Nuff said.

BTW.......... LSU's gonna win by 2+ scores.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 05, 2007, 02:25:39 PM

Joiner didn't need any time off. Runole, you are the FIRST person I have heard crying about this.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the loss to Auburn doesn't hurt the Gators « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools