Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the loss to Auburn doesn't hurt the Gators « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 05, 2007, 02:42:11 PM

there are many questions in the joiner case.  but the facts are that he walked into an unlocked lot to drive his car home.  while dumb and immature, its not that serious imo.  things cant always be judged by misdemeanor vs felony imo either.  drunk driving is a misdemeanor, right?  hows that a lesser evil than what joiner did?

i think joiner should be suspended for a game.  but then again, i thought the same for hayes.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 05, 2007, 04:21:04 PM

Assault is much more serious than taking your own (or your girlfriend's at her request)car out of a lot.

Let alone assaulting a police officer, which is what Surratt, Hayes partner in crime did.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 07, 2007, 11:55:34 AM

Assault is much more serious than taking your own (or your girlfriend's at her request)car out of a lot.

Let alone assaulting a police officer, which is what Surratt, Hayes partner in crime did.

Last time I looked they unlike Joiner  they will be dealing with their charges... Funny, how criminal justice works in this country?   Gainesville- JUST PLAY BALL!!  What charges??

Good to see that "BAD KARMA" working against both ALABAMA and UF!! 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 07, 2007, 11:52:46 AM

Joiner didn't need any time off. Runole, you are the FIRST person I have heard crying about this.

Charged Misdemeanor  and charged Felony  LEARN THE DIFFERENCE!!

Oh and lest you bring up the Tow Truck owner...  Read the article and tell me how it is done in HOGTOWN.. Pretty much like every SEC team!

They don't call them the South Eastern CHEATERS  for nothing!

LINK:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/07/Sports/Towing_company_owner_.shtml

If I was the owner of the towing company I most certainly would have dropped all charges as well!   GEESH!     Talk about a corrupt criminal justice system!!

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 07, 2007, 08:43:45 PM

I'm a Nole, thought Geno should have been suspended one game (would have been Alabama).

Those that say Geno's ordeal was more serious than Joiner can have that opinion.  It might be right, I'm not sure.  Everyone can have their opinion on that, God bless you.

But the fact is that Joiner was charged with a felony, which was dropped.  Geno was charged with a misdemeanor.  At FSU, if charged with a felony, a player can't play.  Misdemeanor, they can, according to University Policy, I'm pretty sure.  Surrat, if able to play, would not be playing.

Whether you think Joiner's crime was more serious or not, it was a felony.  Period.  It got dropped.  Period.  His play in that game didn't make any difference...UF still lost, so the story is now, from a football perspective, a non-story.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 07, 2007, 09:12:13 PM

I'm a Nole, thought Geno should have been suspended one game (would have been Alabama).

Those that say Geno's ordeal was more serious than Joiner can have that opinion.  It might be right, I'm not sure.  Everyone can have their opinion on that, God bless you.

But the fact is that Joiner was charged with a felony, which was dropped.  Geno was charged with a misdemeanor.  At FSU, if charged with a felony, a player can't play.  Misdemeanor, they can, according to University Policy, I'm pretty sure.  Surrat, if able to play, would not be playing.

Whether you think Joiner's crime was more serious or not, it was a felony.  Period.  It got dropped.  Period.  His play in that game didn't make any difference...UF still lost, so the story is now, from a football perspective, a non-story.

Understand how you feel about Geno but Bowden has always had a policy about misdemeanors and has been consistent in how he deals with such things.

Bowden looks at the entire issue and the individual involved and makes a decision in line with past behavior.

If you look at the Coles/Warrick situation you begin to understand.  Coles had several problems at FSU with the last being "lying about an agent trip  to Houston" which was told the AD Bowden Compliance and the NCAA..   That is why Warrick remained and Coles was given the door.

However the situation with Joiner has absolutely no correlation to the misdemeanor charge of Hayes.  Now Surrat may have some work before he gets back on the team. 

What is truly sad about the Gainesville situation is the message that is being sent to every business owner in Gainesville.  "NO MATTER WHAT A FOOTBALL PLAYER DOES AT YOUR BUSINESS YOU BETTER NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU NO WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU"

The St Pete times article is unbelievable!! Death threats and bombs??   GOOD GAWD!!  no wonder the guy insisted on dropping all charges!!

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 08, 2007, 10:19:02 AM

Understand how you feel about Geno but Bowden has always had a policy about misdemeanors and has been consistent in how he deals with such things.

Bowden looks at the entire issue and the individual involved and makes a decision in line with past behavior.

If you look at the Coles/Warrick situation you begin to understand.  Coles had several problems at FSU with the last being "lying about an agent trip  to Houston" which was told the AD Bowden Compliance and the NCAA..   That is why Warrick remained and Coles was given the door.

However the situation with Joiner has absolutely no correlation to the misdemeanor charge of Hayes.  Now Surrat may have some work before he gets back on the team. 

What is truly sad about the Gainesville situation is the message that is being sent to every business owner in Gainesville.  "NO MATTER WHAT A FOOTBALL PLAYER DOES AT YOUR BUSINESS YOU BETTER NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU NO WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU"

The St Pete times article is unbelievable!! Death threats and bombs??   GOOD GAWD!!  no wonder the guy insisted on dropping all charges!!

RU, I know the situation with Warrick and everyone else.  I worked up there when that whole deal went down.

And I have always disagreed with Bowden and his policy, if a player gets arrested, he should not play the next game...period.  But that's my feeling on it.

My message wasn't directed at you.  It was to those that think what Geno did was worse.  It may very well have been worse.  But that's someone's opinion.  Felony vs. misdemeaner...not an opinion.

Lastly, just because it's written in the Times doesn't mean it's true.  much of what they write is wrong regarding the Bucs...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 08, 2007, 02:24:13 PM

Runole, once again shows a complete lack of objectivity.

LOOK AT THE TWO SITUATIONS, SIDE BY SIDE. If you think that what Joiner did compared to what Hayes did, and can say to yourself that what Joiner did was WORSE, then you have SERIOUS problems.

You are classless, Runole. You spew more anger on this board directed towards UF/SEC than you have good things to say about your own fave team.

Geno Hayes' Crime outweighed Joiner's. I know the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor. Do YOU know what it takes to be charged with a burglary? It doesn't take much.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 08, 2007, 02:58:41 PM

LOOK AT THE TWO SITUATIONS, SIDE BY SIDE. If you think that what Joiner did compared to what Hayes did, and can say to yourself that what Joiner did was WORSE, then you have SERIOUS problems.

You are classless, Runole. You spew more anger on this board directed towards UF/SEC than you have good things to say about your own fave team.

Geno Hayes' Crime outweighed Joiner's. I know the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor. Do YOU know what it takes to be charged with a burglary? It doesn't take much.

I think most of this is not directed towards me.  But the fact is, Joiner was accused of the felony.  Doesn't matter if you think what Geno is accused of doing is worse .  I think both should have been suspended for one game.  If I'm a HC and a player gets ARRESTED, he's suspended one game.  Period.  For the record, Geno got in in the middle of the second quarter, I think.  Joiner got in for the second series.  Is that enough punishment for both of them?  I don't think so.

One thing that does rub me the wrong way is that the "system" went in fast forward to get Joiner off the hook in time to play LSU (or at least that was it appears like).  Would that have happened for your son/daughter if they didn't play football?  SHOULD it have happened just because he did play football?   Probably not.  But it did.

Oh well, things are what they are.  All I care about is for FSU to win football games, and do it the right way.  UF losing is bonus.  But I don't gloat over it.  Makes no sense to, like some others do.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 08, 2007, 03:19:26 PM

I think most of this is not directed towards me. But the fact is, Joiner was accused of the felony. Doesn't matter if you think what Geno is accused of doing is worse . I think both should have been suspended for one game. If I'm a HC and a player gets ARRESTED, he's suspended one game. Period. For the record, Geno got in in the middle of the second quarter, I think. Joiner got in for the second series. Is that enough punishment for both of them? I don't think so.

One thing that does rub me the wrong way is that the "system" went in fast forward to get Joiner off the hook in time to play LSU (or at least that was it appears like). Would that have happened for your son/daughter if they didn't play football? SHOULD it have happened just because he did play football? Probably not. But it did.

Oh well, things are what they are. All I care about is for FSU to win football games, and do it the right way. UF losing is bonus. But I don't gloat over it. Makes no sense to, like some others do.

I agree.   I think BOTH players should've sat out 1 game.  Just the fact that you're in a position TO BE arrested is not good.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 08, 2007, 03:26:25 PM

Personally, I am not concerned with either Kids punishment.  I am more concerned with the Criminal Justice system in Gainesville and the message it is sending to it's citizenry.

"If you want to do business in Gainesville all football players are sacred cows. Complain about them and you will suffer extreme consequences!"

I have listened to the 911 tapes of the incident and the owner of the truck firm lied to law enforcement and the SA because of his personal fear for his own business and safety.  Death Threats?  My Gawd!!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 08, 2007, 03:34:36 PM

From a total BAMA homer I find such remarks ludicrous!

I have and felony burglary with charges dropped due to death threats are far more serious than some college kid drunk at a local bar and charged with a misdemeanor

Classless? again coming from someone that shows an elephant defecating on a tiger I again laugh hysterically at both your immaturity and lack of credibility.

First of all I nor you were at either event. However, I have heard the 911 tapes and they totally refute any reason to drop those felony burglary charges. College kids getting drunk in disorderly compared to trying to steal an auto from an impound lot.
Sorry bub but law enforcement as well as myself disagree with you.  Not surprising!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 08, 2007, 06:43:49 PM

I have listened to the 911 tapes of the incident and the owner of the truck firm lied to law enforcement and the SA because of his personal fear for his own business and safety.  Death Threats?  My Gawd!!

did the threats come before the 911 call?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 08, 2007, 07:22:42 PM

did the threats come before the 911 call?

GameTime, it sounded like they were coming as the caller was making the 911 call.  That's what is SOUNDED like, not necessarily what it was.  I think the quote from the caller was something like: "they're getting in our face now." or something like that with some yelling in the background.  I could not make out what was being yelled in the background.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 09, 2007, 09:15:46 AM

From a total BAMA homer I find such remarks ludicrous!
I am a Bama fan. WTH does that have to do with this at all? I show more objectivity in posts than you ever could. You post more to bash UF/SEC, than you do to praise the Noles. Hell, you have even argued that the ACC is a superior football conference to the SEC. THAT'S being a complete homer.

I have and felony burglary with charges dropped due to death threats are far more serious than some college kid drunk at a local bar and charged with a misdemeanor
The charges weren't dropped because of death threats.
"Although Forron, who acknowledged his allegiance to the Gators, said he wanted the charge dropped from the beginning"........

"Burglary" covers a large spectrum. If you know so damn much, then you wouldn't look at it the way that you do. Often times people are charged with a more serious crime (burglary), only to plead to a lesser offense (B&E, Trespassing). It is a good tool to get Sheriff's (amongst others) re-elected........... ie "95% conviction rate!!!" Pretty misleading. When I was a teenager, I knew some kids (they were 15-16) who went into an old abandoned building, and spray painted on the walls. The cops caught them, and guess what the charge was........... felony burglary........ 15 and 16 year old KIDS spray painting an abandoned business!! Charges can often be misleading.
Classless? again coming from someone that shows an elephant defecating on a tiger I again laugh hysterically at both your immaturity and lack of credibility.
LOL........ that picture was FUNNY. Look that one up gramps. Besides, I took it down. You're still gonna bring it up? I did something that I thought that you would appreciate, and you still hold that against me.......... SHOCKER. You are 100% classless. Your team has had little top no success over the last few years, and all you can do to make up for it, is rip into any and everything associated with UF. Get a life.

First of all I nor you were at either event. However, I have heard the 911 tapes and they totally refute any reason to drop those felony burglary charges. College kids getting drunk in disorderly compared to trying to steal an auto from an impound lot.
Sorry bub but law enforcement as well as myself disagree with you.  Not surprising!
You're right, neither of us were at either event. The 911 calls don't give me much to work with. Of course to you, they are a freakin' smoking gun.

The owner of the business dropped the charges. I think the main reason he requested that the charges be dropped was because the owner was a Gator fan. However, any decent human would probably have done the same considering this is a nasty charge against a college kid, with his whole life ahead of him. No need to screw a kid over like that for acting dumb.

Out of curiosity........ Since when do you have any respect for any law enforcement whatsoever? Oh I get it.......... When it's a charge against a Gator player. You have no problem with what David Boston did, and even went as far as to spew your crap in the cops' direction.

Well, you looked like an idiot then, and now well............

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the loss to Auburn doesn't hurt the Gators « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools