Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the loss to Auburn doesn't hurt the Gators « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Runole

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 09, 2007, 01:15:37 PM

The whole point there are several WRONGS in this whole incident.

1. Joiner should not be trying to take a car from an impound lot at 4:30AM

2. The owner "gator fan" should not have lied to the SA trying to get charges dropped.

3. Fans deluging the owner with death and bomb threats is way beyond wrong!

4. The SA bending over backwards to get Joiner to play Saturday's game was a total miscarriage
to the way such procedures are normally handled. I can guarantee that had John Q Public been involved there
would never have been such a rush to drop the charges.

Truthfully while Joiner made a bad decision it is the other peoples decisions that I am disagreement. Far too much enabling going on and that is not good.

Seriously, I would have had no problem with any punishment Urban had decided upon after normal procedures had been followed by the Criminal justice system. The expediency in which it was handled looks bad and arbitrary.

Truthfully, Urban gets a pass on this one due to a very accommodating SA who was only to willing to do everything in the states power to get Tony on the field.

quote author=MrFreakinMiyagi link=topic=14498.msg309741#msg309741 date=1191935746]
From a total BAMA homer I find such remarks ludicrous!
I am a Bama fan. WTH does that have to do with this at all? I show more objectivity in posts than you ever could. You post more to bash UF/SEC, than you do to praise the Noles. Hell, you have even argued that the ACC is a superior football conference to the SEC. THAT'S being a complete homer.

I have never stated that the ACC is superior to the SEC I just stated they have had more NFL draft picks in the last 2 years than any other conference with the entry of VT BC and UM.  I would suggest that you spend too much time defending the indefensible. 

I have and felony burglary with charges dropped due to death threats are far more serious than some college kid drunk at a local bar and charged with a misdemeanor
The charges weren't dropped because of death threats.
"Although Forron, who acknowledged his allegiance to the Gators, said he wanted the charge dropped from the beginning"........

"Burglary" covers a large spectrum. If you know so damn much, then you wouldn't look at it the way that you do. Often times people are charged with a more serious crime (burglary), only to plead to a lesser offense (B&E, Trespassing). It is a good tool to get Sheriff's (amongst others) re-elected........... ie "95% conviction rate!!!" Pretty misleading. When I was a teenager, I knew some kids (they were 15-16) who went into an old abandoned building, and spray painted on the walls. The cops caught them, and guess what the charge was........... felony burglary........ 15 and 16 year old KIDS spray painting an abandoned business!! Charges can often be misleading.

Joiner got breaks from the criminal justice system that  John Q. Public never would have received and that is wrong.
Justice should equal for all. No special privileges.  For instance if there is a domestic squabble and someone calls the police someone is going to be arrested and charged and it doesn't matter even if the caller decides they don't want to press charges.

The owner who lied several times to law enforcement was wrong as was the SA for moving so quickly to completely drop the charges so that "DEAR" Tony wouldn't miss any game time!  THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!

Classless? again coming from someone that shows an elephant defecating on a tiger I again laugh hysterically at both your immaturity and lack of credibility.
LOL........ that picture was FUNNY. Look that one up gramps. Besides, I took it down. You're still gonna bring it up? I did something that I thought that you would appreciate, and you still hold that against me.......... SHOCKER. You are 100% classless. Your team has had little top no success over the last few years, and all you can do to make up for it, is rip into any and everything associated with UF. Get a life.

Listen, You were told to remove the tasteless picture and complied. Glad to see you have grown up a bit. Next on the list.. drop the childish and infantile name calling.   I suggest you grow up and be a man for a change and learn to discuss things intelligently. Oh and claiming superiority over someone is a most flawed response.

First of all I nor you were at either event. However, I have heard the 911 tapes and they totally refute any reason to drop those felony burglary charges. College kids getting drunk in disorderly compared to trying to steal an auto from an impound lot.
Sorry bub but law enforcement as well as myself disagree with you.  Not surprising!
You're right, neither of us were at either event. The 911 calls don't give me much to work with. Of course to you, they are a freakin' smoking gun.

The owner of the business dropped the charges. I think the main reason he requested that the charges be dropped was because the owner was a Gator fan. However, any decent human would probably have done the same considering this is a nasty charge against a college kid, with his whole life ahead of him. No need to screw a kid over like that for acting dumb.

You break the law you get charged.   Nasty?  Pulease! There is enough in those 911 tapes to show the owner was lying about being present at the office. He wasn't. His stating that people break into his lot all the time  to get their cars back is totally disingenuous and not being truthful. You know it and I know it!

Again had the normal procedures been followed I would have had no problem with Joiner eventually getting the charges reduced or dropped.  However, that was not what occurred this was a total travesty of the justice system in Gainesville.  All should be equal in the eyes of the law!!  No special privileges!

This whole incident puts a black mark on the criminal justice system...  the charges being dropped at the owners request should not have been handled the way they were.  I can guarantee JOHN  Q. PUBLIC wouldn't have received such treatment. You know it and I know it!!

Out of curiosity........ Since when do you have any respect for any law enforcement whatsoever? Oh I get it.......... When it's a charge against a Gator player. You have no problem with what David Boston did, and even went as far as to spew your crap in the cops' direction.

Well, you looked like an idiot then, and now well............

I have always respected credible Law Enforcement that keeps its priorities in order. They are to serve and protect the public.

Joiner broke in and attempted to steal his girlfriends vehicle from an impound lot at 4:30 am in the morning. The police were called as a driver blocked the entrance of the lot to keep Joiner from escaping.  The police were called twice.  The police charged Joiner with Felony burglary which certainly applied to this case.   The owner of the lot who was not present was forced to lie repeatedly because Number #1 he knew that he would be destroyed in Gainesville by pressing charges.  The guy received Death and Bomb threats for GAWD SAKE!!   

Is this how criminal justice is administered in Gainesville?  Sorry, but that is totally wrong and anyone with a common sense knows it! 

You can rationalize and call me all the names you wish but you are totally wrong in your opinion. As to your silly babyish personal  attacks towards me, truthfully you should be banned from these boards for your behavior but that is not for me to decide.

" I show more objectivity in posts than you ever could"   WOW! Did you convince yourself with that BS remark?  TOO FUNNY!! 

As to David Boston, I still think that the police went over the top on the charges and the way it was handled.
The guy has lost his job and probably his career because of it.  Think Joiner would have been given the same had he been in Boston's situation?

Boston's case is gone over board because he is a high profile athlete.  Joiners gets swept under the rug because he is a high profile UF athlete...    Do you not see something wrong in both cases?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 09, 2007, 02:09:41 PM

I have never stated that the ACC is superior to the SEC
Yes you have.

Joiner got breaks from the criminal justice system that  John Q. Public never would have received and that is wrong.
Justice should equal for all. No special privileges.
But David Boston should have been let off?? Typical for you to believe this with your hypocritical nature.

Listen, You were told to remove the tasteless picture and complied.

I was not told to do anything. It was asked of me, and not by Scott, Jim, or anyone at PR. I was asked in a reasonable, mature (for the most part) way, and I took it down as a favor. Of course, I did NOT take it down for you. You have no idea how to act in a reasonable manner. Maybe it would have been taken down long ago, but you couldn't find the words to type to make a simple request without being a complete **CENSORED** (as usual).

drop the childish and infantile name calling.   I suggest you grow up and be a man for a change and learn to discuss things
Take your own advice, Gramps. I will call you what I want. You have made false assumptions and accusations against myself and my family. We reap what we sow, you foolish old man.

As to David Boston, I still think that the police went over the top on the charges and the way it was handled.
The guy has lost his job and probably his career because of it.  Think Joiner would have been given the same had he been in Boston's situation?
What about if it were "John Q Public"? Law enforcement doesn't mess around with people who a messed up behind the wheel. Boston was exactly that, and it will be proven (if it even goes to court). He had a history of DUI. How did they go over the top? Oh........ I know, he wasn't a GATOR. Speak truthfully............ If that were Tony Joiner asleep at the wheel, do you think that you would view things differently?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 09, 2007, 05:45:02 PM

I have never stated that the ACC is superior to the SEC
Yes you have.

Post a link fella...

Justice should equal for all. No special privileges.
But David Boston should have been let off?? Typical for you to believe this with your hypocritical nature.

I never stated Boston shouldn't have been dealt with. After it was determined he was fit to continue move on!  Don't insist on making such a big case of it. The man has lost his job and career.  I think that is wrong.

Listen, You were told to remove the tasteless picture and complied.

I was not told to do anything. It was asked of me, and not by Scott, Jim, or anyone at PR. I was asked in a reasonable, mature (for the most part) way, and I took it down as a favor. Of course, I did NOT take it down for you. You have no idea how to act in a reasonable manner. Maybe it would have been taken down long ago, but you couldn't find the words to type to make a simple request without being a complete **CENSORED** (as usual).

The point being was it was childish and a great personification of you and your mentality. Glad to see you grow up a bit. Again with the name calling..  Oh well still have some work to do..

drop the childish and infantile name calling.   I suggest you grow up and be a man for a change and learn to discuss things
Take your own advice, Gramps. I will call you what I want. You have made false assumptions and accusations against myself and my family. We reap what we sow, you foolish old man.

Thats right you can call me anything you want ! lol  Proving my point 100%.  THANKS!

What about if it were "John Q Public"? Law enforcement doesn't mess around with people who a messed up behind the wheel. Boston was exactly that, and it will be proven (if it even goes to court). He had a history of DUI. How did they go over the top?

He wasn't drinking!!  NO alcohol!   Understand???

Oh........ I know, he wasn't a GATOR. Speak truthfully............ If that were Tony Joiner asleep at the wheel, do you think that you would view things differently?

Nope!  Do you even have the ability to read with any comprehension.... I suggest you re- read my comments about Joiner and  his punishment. I most certainly wouldn't expect any more than a sobriety test and moving on for Joiner had it been the same situation.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 09, 2007, 05:58:39 PM

2. The owner "gator fan" should not have lied to the SA trying to get charges dropped.

4. The SA bending over backwards to get Joiner to play Saturday's game was a total miscarriage
to the way such procedures are normally handled. I can guarantee that had John Q Public been involved there

Truthfully while Joiner made a bad decision it is the other peoples decisions that I am disagreement. Far too much enabling going on and that is not good.

Seriously, I would have had no problem with any punishment Urban had decided upon after normal procedures had been followed by the Criminal justice system. The expediency in which it was handled looks bad and arbitrary.

Truthfully, Urban gets a pass on this one due to a very accommodating SA who was only to willing to do everything in the states power to get Tony on the field.

i havent followed this case, so here are a few questions.

1.  while its not a normal hour, why is this a big deal?  maybe he had a 5:30am workout and it was the only time he could help pick up the car.  who knows.
2.  what lies did the owner tell the SA and if so isnt that a criminal act?
3.   i agree, threats are bad.  i heard tebow got them from lsu fans who got his number as well.  its unfortunate, but it happens in our society.
4.  this is the first time ive heard someone complain of the quickness of the law.

and urban gets a pass?   thats good, real good.  ill bet he's glad to know that you are letting him slide on this one.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 09, 2007, 06:06:23 PM

GT, I'm not posting any more after this, but my opinion re: #4...

- when else has the SA office moved swiftly to get something dismissed?  It just seems odd that they did in this situation.  Why would they now?

For me, it's over and done with.  IMO, Urban looks a bit shady playing him after he said that he'd hold him out, or something like that.  One series isn't holding out.  But I'm a Seminole, so I'm not supposed to like anything Urban does.  I'm sure plenty, and I mean plenty, of people think Bobby is shady for playing Geno.  While I'd not use the word shady for Bowden, I won't argue with them...I think he should have been suspended one game.

But coaches, all coaches, have their own "internal" way to deal with these situations.  I call BS on all of them on that.

Again, all JMO.  This thead is way off topic, so I'll stop adding to it.

#35 : October 09, 2007, 06:19:19 PM

i havent followed this case, so here are a few questions.

1.  while its not a normal hour, why is this a big deal?  maybe he had a 5:30am workout and it was the only time he could help pick up the car.  who knows.
2.  what lies did the owner tell the SA and if so isnt that a criminal act?
3.   i agree, threats are bad.  i heard tebow got them from lsu fans who got his number as well.  its unfortunate, but it happens in our society.
4.  this is the first time ive heard someone complain of the quickness of the law.

and urban gets a pass?   thats good, real good.  ill bet he's glad to know that you are letting him slide on this one.

From what I heard, Joiner's GF attends USF.  She was in Gainesville for a "Lil Wayne" concert.  Her car was towed.  She needed to get back to USF for classes Tuesday.  Hence the reason Joiner was adamant about getting the car back at that hour. 

I have no stake in this race, but here is my take.

The whole situation is dumb.  Joiner will pay far more in damages to his reputation with regards to the NFL than a suspension would ever do.  Regardless of whether or not you feel the charges were dropped too quickly, the fact of the matter is they were dropped.  At that point why should Urban Meyer have suspended Joiner for the LSU game?  Was Joiner charged with a crime when kickoff commenced?  No.  Regardless of what caused the charges to be dropped they were dropped.  Period.  Anyone crying is just crying to hate.  From what I hear Coach Meyer holds his kids to very high standards.  Joiner will pay and is still paying off his mistake.  Maybe not with  missed game time but he will pay a heavy price and will have to meet some very high standards to remain a player on that team.  Had Joiner still been charged he would not have played in that game.  Once charges were dropped what choice do you have?  Joiner was stripped of being captain for being out late, which in the end was his crime. 

And any FSU fan hating on this is ridiculous.  I bring you Brandon James and Geno Hayes.  Both charged with misdemeanor crimes, and James was suspended for 1 game while Hayes missed a few series.  James is present buying a $20 sack of pot, and Hayes gets in a bar fight, resists police, and gets tasered.  Which is worse? 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 10, 2007, 07:35:18 AM

Post a link fella...
It was from the old board.

I never stated Boston shouldn't have been dealt with. After it was determined he was fit to continue move on!  Don't insist on making such a big case of it. The man has lost his job and career.  I think that is wrong.
Obviously, the officer didn't feel he was fit to continue. He lost his job and his career, because he is a repeatoffender. This wasn't the first time he decided to take a ride while he was on illegal drugs. Had it been his first time, then he would still be in the league. The man has a problem with drugs. He threw it all away. The cop was just doing his job. I know that you have expressed that you are more familiar with these things than the officer on the tape, but you are dead wrong (as usual). Boston was on GHB, and if you knew anything about the drug, then you would know definately have big problems with people driving around while under it's influence.

Thats right you can call me anything you want ! lol  Proving my point 100%.  THANKS!
I will call you derogatory names, because you are a de**CENSORED**able person. I call them like I see them. You do not get my respect after you insult my family. You did this, and I have made you look like the fool that you are many times since. Hope you're proud.

He wasn't drinking!!  NO alcohol!   Understand???
You're right.......... IT WAS GHB!! Freaking GHB!! As long as there's no alcohol involved, then you have no problem with people driving around on other illegal substances? Are you freaking serious? Again, you have proven to be 100% clueless to these matters. GHB is NOT something that someone should be taking, and then driving. He was asleep at an intersection. He had no idea where he was. The cops should've let him go? He didn't even know where to go from there. Take the ignorance plea. You have no idea what you are talking about. GHfreakingB!!!!

Nope!  Do you even have the ability to read with any comprehension.... I suggest you re- read my comments about Joiner and  his punishment. I most certainly wouldn't expect any more than a sobriety test and moving on for Joiner had it been the same situation.
Boston FAILED his field sobriety test. What about that have you not been able to comprehend?

If you replace Boston with any Gator in that situation, you would want to hang 'em. Everything that you have ever posted shows this. You have zero objectivity. You spew anti-Gator filth at every opportunity.

FREE DAVID BOSTON!
HANG TONY JOINER!

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 10, 2007, 04:41:02 PM

"I will call you derogatory names, because you are a de**CENSORED**able person. I call them like I see them. You do not get my respect after you insult my family."

What was it I said that insulted your family?    So I Can repeat it!!  :D  Just kidding!! you are really wound a bit too tight son!!

Settle down lil trooper...  It is only a message board.  There really are worse things than being called an ALABAMA HOMER!!  LOL

Wah! wah! wah!  "RUNOLE you are such a mean de**CENSORED**able person,, I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!!"

lighten up Francis!!

Someone will have to send me documentation of the next time a student breaks into that impound lot and leaves a note to the owner stating  "I will pay you later!!"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 10, 2007, 04:42:11 PM

anti - gator Filth??   Hmmm?  Well gators do hang out in mud holes ...  They are a bit filthy IMO!! LOL

buckit

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 10, 2007, 04:49:59 PM

Hey:

The Gators are toast.  Long live FSU!!!

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 10, 2007, 05:58:17 PM

Hey:

The Gators are toast.  Long live FSU!!!

the gators are kaput, fsu's new qb is skipping practice one week after getting the job, and miami got roasted by unc.  looks like USF is the only school left to root for.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Snook

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 10, 2007, 10:45:31 PM

fsu's new qb is skipping practice one week after getting the job,

Bobby Bowden:

"There is no change in his situation," Bowden said. "He had an appointment with a professor making up some work. We were hoping and praying he would get out early but he didn't. There is no issue there... We'll try to give him more reps today to be sure he knows what he's doing."

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 11, 2007, 08:10:26 AM

Snook, that GIF is freaking priceless!

Rock on.........

Snook

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 11, 2007, 01:28:44 PM

Snook, that GIF is freaking priceless!

Rock on.........

Its pretty awesome.  I just googled "vince young uncle rico gif" and it came up.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the loss to Auburn doesn't hurt the Gators « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools