Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's another word for Liar? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

: October 02, 2007, 11:54:51 PM

Gruden stood there and said we'd be going with who we have backing up Caddy and that Penn and AD would get their chance to step up and show what they were made of. Yet, there are multiple reports that say that Allen was on the phone frantically calling around to several teams looking to play "lets make a deal" for not just a running back but a running back and LT. Nevermind that we have capable backups who have worked their butts off, instead lets show the whole team just what this season's about...SAVE MY JOB at all costs!!!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

#1 : October 02, 2007, 11:57:39 PM

You are who we thought you were.

Deltabucs5224

Rookie

#2 : October 03, 2007, 12:01:30 AM

Not to start an argument, but I think that it was due to getting a "#1" running back that is a dominant back, that changes games, and I think that Taylor would...I dont think that Gruden has the final say either in the decision?  I also do not know if Pittman or Graham are ready to take the number of carries that a true #1 running back takes...Pittman hasnt done it in years...Its just my thought....I am probably way off, I just was getting the conversation going...I honestly dont mean to start an argument

NovaBuc

Starter

#3 : October 03, 2007, 12:02:53 AM

I don't think any of us know if the calls were 'frantic'. I'd say it was more a case of the GM doing his job and exploring the possibilities. Of course, everyone can spin the situation to read it how they want. All I know is watching the young talent on this team every week is impressive. And it is equally impressive to see the huge difference in the cornerbacks and safeties now that Raheem Morris is back. Just shows what a difference the positional coaches can make. I guess I am a glass half full kind of guy, but I don't think anyone can deny there is progress this year over last year for whatever reason you'd like to choose.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 03, 2007, 12:09:35 AM

Then say nothing if that's the case. Say it's a big loss to lose these two guys and we'll be looking at our options in the upcoming week.  Don't say we're going to put it on the players we have and then walk away from the camera and say we're done. He's just making himself look like a liar. Lets not use the excuse that Allen was doing something.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 03, 2007, 12:12:18 AM

Gruden stood there and said we'd be going with who we have backing up Caddy and that Penn and AD would get their chance to step up and show what they were made of. Yet, there are multiple reports that say that Allen was on the phone frantically calling around to several teams looking to play "lets make a deal" for not just a running back but a running back and LT. Nevermind that we have capable backups who have worked their butts off, instead lets show the whole team just what this season's about...SAVE MY JOB at all costs!!!

Get a clue-- we will be going with those backups, but don't you think it is wise to have quality depth that could replace them once up to speed with the bucs system. When Gruden was asked he said we would be going into Indy with Penn at LT and Pitt/Graham as the starting tailbacks. He did not say we would go with them for the entire season. Allen and Gruden have one job to do and that is to find players and coach them to put the best 22 guys on the field period. Having quality backups by using all the tools at your disposal is what they are suppose to do. No one they trade for will be up to speed on the sytem and will take a couple weeks to learn the basics anyways-- so Grduen was truthfull we are going with our backups.

You would thinks as a fan you would get that, but with you--- your agenda shines through.  ::)

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#6 : October 03, 2007, 12:13:58 AM

maybe the comments were before the winston justice fiasco. after seeing that maybe gruden realized penn might not be sufficient.

anyhow .. i can't find fault in gruden for expressing confidence in his current roster. silence is not an option.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : October 03, 2007, 12:14:09 AM

Borna buddy.. you really are taking it too far. If you can get some depth at 2 positions of need.. you do it. Don't be a ****.

BucLifer

Starter
#8 : October 03, 2007, 12:16:23 AM

Born, get a grip!  The FO is always looking at who's out there and available.  It's their job.  With 2 guys placed on the IR, then naturally, those positions would be the ones receiving primary focus on replacing the open roster spots.  You're trying to start a flaming contest by using the L word.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#9 : October 03, 2007, 12:18:22 AM

1) win on sundays
2) express confidence in your current roster
3) continuously scour the world for upgrades in talent
5) assemble the best 53 man roster

this seems like gruden and allen's job description. whats the issue?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 03, 2007, 12:29:49 AM

Then say nothing if that's the case. Say it's a big loss to lose these two guys and we'll be looking at our options in the upcoming week. Don't say we're going to put it on the players we have and then walk away from the camera and say we're done. He's just making himself look like a liar. Lets not use the excuse that Allen was doing something.

OK Mcirish-lite, it isn't playing anymore. Even your partner in crime Ira Kaufman is giving Gruden his due.

Time for you to man up - or maybe just stick to your Bulls/Leavitt "love-in" posts on the college board. You seem to be a consistent nimrod, whether it be positive (Bulls) or negative (Gruden).

It's obvious that you really have no idea what your typing. From now on just leave post-press conference analysis to us - oh sure it looks easy from where you're sitting but ...from where I'm sitting...you need to read more and type less.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 03, 2007, 12:31:17 AM

What is another word for Mook ?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 03, 2007, 12:32:10 AM

It is funny that you can call one man a liar, and continue with your silly rantings about Gruden.

It is you who is a liar, and also obvious of an agenda, and a want to stir things up.

You get off on everyone hating you.  I will NEVER read another one of your stupid threads again.  I hope you disappear, because you bring nothing but anal speculation, motive filled speculation, and are officially a turd, IMO.

What is the difference between you, and "much maligned Karen?"

Your posts reek of single minded purpose, of nothing but hate.  I am negative, I am positive.

You are a turd.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
#13 : October 03, 2007, 12:34:51 AM

What is another word for Mook ?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mook

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 03, 2007, 12:35:43 AM

He said he couldn't comment on the discussions and the personnel department will handle it.  He also said that is what it appears to be at this time.  Just watch the day-after press conference. It is at the beginning.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's another word for Liar? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools