Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's another word for Liar? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

#15 : October 03, 2007, 12:39:55 AM

He said he couldn't comment on the discussions and the personnel department will handle it.  He also said that is what it appears to be at this time.  Just watch the day-after press conference. It is at the beginning.

You're trying to reason with the guy by using actual facts. It's not going to work.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 03, 2007, 12:41:42 AM

He said he couldn't comment on the discussions and the personnel department will handle it.  He also said that is what it appears to be at this time.  Just watch the day-after press conference. It is at the beginning.

You're trying to reason with the guy by using actual facts. It's not going to work.

It didn't work in the Devil Ray thread either. LOL.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 03, 2007, 12:49:16 AM

I listened to it live. That's not what was said.

Hey, I have never tried to hide the fact that I DON'T LIKE GRUDEN. I don't know why that's any suprise to anyone. I'm not going to apologize for not liking the way the guy runs my favorite team.

I am a USF Alumni. I think I have every right to be hyped that MY team is ranked #6 in one poll. I do think it's pretty funny that most of you Drink, Drink, Drink the Kool-Aid all day long on here and that's cool and nobody says a thing but when somebody questions the moves of this regime we are rediculed to no end with no actual discussion, just PERSONAL ATTACKS, and yet you consider yourselves good posters and fans of the team. What a joke.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 03, 2007, 12:53:14 AM

We've already been through this. You have no business being on here. You have never had one post ever that actually contributed to the discussion on this board. All you do is follow me around and post garbage like this. You're nothing.

#19 : October 03, 2007, 12:56:05 AM

no actual discussion, just PERSONAL ATTACKS,

You don't say...

Is it just me or is Gruden wearing a FAT suit? Oh, nevermind, he's just FAT now.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 03, 2007, 01:02:09 AM

I listened to it live. That's not what was said.

Well you heard what you wanted.  If you don't believe it.  http://www.buccaneers.com/

Here is another one.http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/3412 

"(On running backs Michael Pittman and Earnest Graham stepping in after Cadillac was injured)
“Well we won Super Bowl XXXVII with Pittman as our feature back, and not that we’re on our way with another one, but Michael Pittman will be our feature horse and Earnest Graham will be a very trustworthy assistant. We’ll be obviously monitoring Cadillac’s situation and we’ll be updating our fans as soon as we know. If he’s not ready, if he can’t play anymore this season, then obviously we’ll be looking for another back.”

Since when are NFL coaches sincere about personnel at any point in the year.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 03, 2007, 01:28:01 AM

I listened to the press conference on 620 Monday morning and the 1st thing that was said was the Caddy and LP were gone for the year. So how could it possibly be that Gruden on Monday said they'd be checking Caddy's situation? You must be talking about an earlier press conference. In the one I listened to they asked him about bringing up Darby and he said he had no comment and they would be looking into it but Pittman and Graham would be the backs and they were confident in them.

rappstr

Second String

#22 : October 03, 2007, 01:42:02 AM

At Indy we ARE going with who we have.     Until further notice we are going with who we have.     Clearly reading between the lines is not something you like to do.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 03, 2007, 01:45:24 AM

I listened to the press conference on 620 Monday morning and the 1st thing that was said was the Caddy and LP were gone for the year. So how could it possibly be that Gruden on Monday said they'd be checking Caddy's situation? You must be talking about an earlier press conference. In the one I listened to they asked him about bringing up Darby and he said he had no comment and they would be looking into it but Pittman and Graham would be the backs and they were confident in them.
Why not go to the link I provided and see the day-after press conference? I said it was in the beginning so it will not take long. Sounded like Chip Carter was asking the question. The second link I gave was from the post game conference.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 03, 2007, 01:51:36 AM

You must be talking about an earlier press conference.

Even in your quote Gruden said, "Well we won Super Bowl XXXVII with Pittman as our feature back, and not that we�re on our way with another one, but Michael Pittman will be our feature horse and Earnest Graham will be a very trustworthy assistant."

Again, we were on the phone looking for a starting running back during the game. Maybe you are just choosing to see it the way you want to see it. I see it as another lie. I don't see it as Gruden trying to make the team better with 2 open spots, I see it as desperation to save his job. Maybe if I saw it your way I'd be happy that he at least cares enough to try to do everything he has to do to save his job. I just personally don't care at this point.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 03, 2007, 02:00:34 AM

I just personally don't care at this point.

Then why start a controversial thread and ignore the facts? You left this out of the quote.
"If he�s not ready, if he can�t play anymore this season, then obviously we�ll be looking for another back.�"
http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/3412

#26 : October 03, 2007, 02:17:51 AM

Gruden stood there and said we'd be going with who we have backing up Caddy and that Penn and AD would get their chance to step up and show what they were made of. Yet, there are multiple reports that say that Allen was on the phone frantically calling around to several teams looking to play "lets make a deal" for not just a running back but a running back and LT. Nevermind that we have capable backups who have worked their butts off, instead lets show the whole team just what this season's about...SAVE MY JOB at all costs!!!

The only Liar I see is you. Your screename is BornaBuc when obviously you have so much hatred for this team with the constant poison your spilling on the boards these days. You should just admit it HataBuc the Tampa Bay true Buc fans have a team who's becoming one of the few dominating forces in the NFC and you can't handle the fact that Gruden and Allen are responsible for the amazing turnaround.

140BPM

Practice Squad

#27 : October 03, 2007, 02:28:46 AM

I am a USF Alumni.

No, you're an alumnus.

klb55

Starter

#28 : October 03, 2007, 02:42:42 AM

Then say nothing if that's the case. Say it's a big loss to lose these two guys and we'll be looking at our options in the upcoming week. Don't say we're going to put it on the players we have and then walk away from the camera and say we're done. He's just making himself look like a liar. Lets not use the excuse that Allen was doing something.

This is happening exactly as it can be expected.  The coach states that he has confidence in the current players on the roster and behind the scenes the GM is going to work.  Do you expect Gruden to state that he has little confidence in certain players?  Not only would it be disrectful to those players but doesn't exactly provide any leverage when attempting to acquire a RB or LT.  Clearly, the RB position's long term stability took a hit this past Sunday.  Also, the Bucs are now in the same situation at LT that we've been in the past several years.  What exactly should his response to questions about RB or LT?  There is zero guarantee that they will be able to acquire any players.  So I think that your idea of having the coach say that we will be looking at other players doesn't bode well for the players' confidence that are expected to play this Sunday.  You seem to have knee jerk reactions to things without thinking things through.  Again, this is happening exactly the way it should.

LA BUC

Starter

#29 : October 03, 2007, 02:44:51 AM

I sure hope we can get that LT and RB Taylor from the Vikes that would be great.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What's another word for Liar? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools