Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Torrie Cox Update! « previous next »
Page: 1

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: October 03, 2007, 12:57:53 PM

Suspended CB Torrie Cox resumed practice with the team after severing a 4 game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy.

Cox spoke to the media after practice Cox said he stayed in shape during the suspension, but has not donned pads since the preseason. That, he said, could be the biggest transition.

He also said he wasn’t sure what his role might be on Sunday against Indianapolis. Mark Jones has done an excellent job on kickoff returns — Cox’s old job — and rookies like Quincy Black and Adam Hayward have made strides in kick coverage.

“Hopefully I’ll find out after a couple of days,” Cox said.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

buckit

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 03, 2007, 12:58:42 PM

His job will be to stand there and cheer for his team...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 03, 2007, 01:00:17 PM

Cut him

#3 : October 03, 2007, 01:00:58 PM

Do I have to start paying you?

It has been understated hwo well Quincy Black and Adam Hayward have performed as rookies on ST. For some reason I wouldnt be surprised if either one of them were thrusted into a starting role due to injury and they performed real well

Torrie Cox makes for a great #4 CB. I think he was a liability as a #3.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#4 : October 03, 2007, 01:03:17 PM

his job is to stand exactly so the light refracts of his dentals into peyton's eyes, blinding him on every throw.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 03, 2007, 01:04:18 PM

Exactly, he might find out he doesn't have a job. Seems the team has moved on just fine without him. Time to grab the baseball cap.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#6 : October 03, 2007, 01:06:14 PM

naah .. this man is our ST thug. we can def use him out there .. especially with sabatino missing. cox is needed.

every team needs a little thug in them.

Huey Freeman

Starter
#7 : October 03, 2007, 01:13:12 PM

I expect the team to sign or trade for a RB and OL help and release Donte Nicholson to make room for Cox. 

Revis and Butthead

Second String
#8 : October 03, 2007, 01:30:33 PM

his job is to stand exactly so the light refracts of his dentals into peyton's eyes, blinding him on every throw.

I like that !!
But seriously, cut his ass & send a clear msg to team, but they wont : (

Pete

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : October 03, 2007, 01:33:46 PM

Cox is a gunner on special teams. That's what his job has been and that's what his job will be.

Pious12

Practice Squad

#10 : October 03, 2007, 01:48:39 PM

Hayward has been inactive the last 2 games.  Cox is a special teams standout and will improve our ST.

#11 : October 03, 2007, 02:02:49 PM

ahh my bad, I guess I just saw him in the first game

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 03, 2007, 02:23:03 PM

Cox is also an upgrade over the corners on this team not named Barber, Kelly, and PBuc.  He will be needed now that the Kelly is pulling the injury thing agian.  He will also allow Graham to spend less time on ST's. 

People always jump on their high horse when a player gets in trouble.  If you have never drank and drove then go ahead and speak what you want if not don't throw stones.  The guy surved his time and claims to have a problem that he is trying to shake.  I stay stick with the guy and help he get rid of his demons.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 03, 2007, 02:28:25 PM

People always jump on their high horse when a player gets in trouble.  If you have never drank and drove then go ahead and speak what you want if not don't throw stones.  The guy surved his time and claims to have a problem that he is trying to shake.  I stay stick with the guy and help he get rid of his demons.

Like this?

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Torrie Cox Update! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools