Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nick Saban cracks USF « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#135 : October 09, 2007, 08:46:15 AM

FINALLY.  After a week of this nonsense, you finally get it.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#136 : October 09, 2007, 11:01:57 AM

FINALLY.  After a week of this nonsense, you finally get it.

It took awhile with a lot of tears and silly name calling, but our lil homer bama boy finally came clean!!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#137 : October 09, 2007, 11:30:52 AM

FINALLY. After a week of this nonsense, you finally get it.

It took awhile with a lot of tears and silly name calling, but our lil homer bama boy finally came clean!!
I am curious to hear your response to the Amato quote.

I won't hold my breath though.........

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#138 : October 09, 2007, 01:18:11 PM

Amato at NC ST was wrong in making those remarks as was Saban...  See how easy that was!!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#139 : October 09, 2007, 01:25:23 PM

Amato at NC ST was wrong in making those remarks as was Saban... See how easy that was!!
Funny, I said the same thing in one of my first posts in this thread.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#140 : October 09, 2007, 01:28:45 PM

Amato at NC ST was wrong in making those remarks as was Saban... See how easy that was!!

Unfortunately, you also said a lot more as your BAMA HOMERISM came bounding through..

Amato most certainly has his flaws but IMO based on Saban's history, I would say he has far more.

He had them before Mich St  at LSU at Miami and now at Alabama..

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#141 : October 09, 2007, 02:40:36 PM

I also love how Jenkins chimed in with his thoughts. He could've gone to FSU or UF?? UCF was the only other school of note to offer him a scholarship.

Not according to Rivals .....
Funny, that's were I got my info from.

Link?

http://usf.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=10919

#142 : October 09, 2007, 06:13:04 PM

Clearly. Thats why we are still debating it 4 pages later

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#143 : October 09, 2007, 07:11:04 PM

What's interesting to me is that Leavitt says - 'the Big East doesn't allow non qualifiers' and then says 'we have two non qualifiers, one who starts and one who doesn't.'

Can anybody explain that to me?

Thanks for posting that BBB. I would have had to hear Saban say it to know how he meant it. Just reading the comments don't lead me to believe he was slamming USF. He could have been but I would need to see him say it.

#144 : October 11, 2007, 02:45:00 AM

Someone in this thread posted where the 2 players have been here since before the rule was changed for the BIg East

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#145 : October 11, 2007, 09:49:06 PM

This jsut in.  USF got a committment yesterday by a guy that picked them over Wisconsin and STANFORD.  Those non qualifiers keep rolling in.  ::)

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#146 : October 11, 2007, 11:05:41 PM

This is the same complaint that coaches at schools like Duke or Stanford have. They can't recruit because smart people are not athletic, JK. Well, if you want to be able to coach pure athletes then don't go coach at Duke or Stanford to coach. I'm amazed that Duke has such a great basketball program. It's really hard to get in there.

It's not "easy" to get in to any of these colleges. Some are harder then others, but I can't imagine it's that tough to get into Alabama. FSU is a joke. Most can get in there. I know that from experience. They were going to PAY my ex to go to law school there. UF is really tough to get into with high SATs and GPA requirements. USF is a little lighter on that but it's not easy either way. Some of my teachers when I went there where certified geniuses. One of my teachers started the home shopping network. There's good education to be had at USF. I don't know for a fact but IMO it's probably very similar standards when applying for USF, Alabama, and FSU. It is very appealing for players to play at home for a program that got a bowl win last year and is in a good conference AND they can start right away.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#147 : October 12, 2007, 12:31:29 AM

The reason why it is tough to get into UF is becuase everyone wants to become a Pharmacist ($$$). 8)

FSU is good if you want to become a lawyer or business major.

UCF has an excellent mechanical engineering program.

USF has a strong medical and engineering programs as well.

Miami has a solid medical program.

There is a perception that the Florida universities are party schools but that is far from the truth.

USF is a research 1 institute due to the research done in breast cancer treatment. 

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nick Saban cracks USF « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools