Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nick Saban cracks USF « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 03, 2007, 01:10:35 PM

Says the academic standards are too easy. Not surprising since his star RB came to USF after being academically ineligible at Alabama and now USF is doing so much better than 'bama. It's bad enough that USF has better recruiting grounds (and he knows it) and now he has to lose the recruits he lures away from this state only to see them return when they dont make grades there. Sour grapes. Guy is a real piece of work. Maybe he should've coached a little better and beat my 'Noles before he asked for a shot at that powerhouse USF team
Outside of saying that they probably have six starters on defense that couldn't get into UF or FSU, he was dead on with his statement.

BTW........ Did you watch the Bama/FSU game? I would say that the poor performance by Bama should fall more on the shoulders of Applewhite than it should Saban.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

#16 : October 03, 2007, 01:25:17 PM

What are you talking about? From everythiong Ive heard. The Big East doesnt allow nonqualifiers, the SEC does. Alabama's academic standards arent that high either. Saben is a known cheat and liar himself. USF has worked within the rules and not cheated. So why do they deserve any kind of criticism for the hard work that program has done?

Outside of the "6 players" comment, how could his statement carry any water without it?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 03, 2007, 01:33:05 PM

Saben is a known cheat and liar himself.
LOL, give me a break. WTF so you care about USF or Saban anyways? I thought you were a Nole?

I have a meeting. I'll get back to you about the rest afterwards.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

#18 : October 03, 2007, 01:38:24 PM

I am a Nole, the NOles are #1 always but I am a bandwagon USF fan for the last 3 years. I admit they didnt matter to me until a few years ago

Aren't you a Alabama fan? Why would I not be surprised that you are defending him?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 03, 2007, 03:03:23 PM

You are completely off base with "coming out of left field". Do you think that Saban called a press conference for this? No, he was asked a question. I told you that I thought that he shouldn't have answered it the way that he did, but again, he id not one to pull any punches. You're a Saban fan........ So, you know this already ::)

Saban's comments are a non-story. What he has said now is "sour grapes", but when he aided Taylor, we heard NOTHING about it. Obviously there are no sour grapes there.

Noel Devine couldn't qualify for the Betty Crocker School of Cooking, but he got into WVU. Many dropped comments about that. I didn't hear you crying like a little girl then.

I agree.  I'm not much of a Saban fan myself and he could've handled this better but that's just the way he is. 

I think this is a non-story as well.  I see Saban's comments in all these articles but the media leaves out what the question was...  He didn't just bring this up out of no where.  It sounds as if it was a bit baited and now just the quotes are published.  I'd like to see the whole context.

Any word on what the question was that Saban was asked that drew these comments?

#20 : October 03, 2007, 03:03:13 PM

USF senior Mike Jenkins disagreed with Saban's statement, even noting Saban offered Jenkins a full scholarship to LSU when Jenkins was a senior at Bradenton Southeast High School.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 03, 2007, 03:02:51 PM

1 player, thats all you got is one player. Like i said from the beginning, Saben is mad because USF is in better recruiting grounds and stole 1 player from Alabama.

Who are the other 5 players?

Why dont you addreess the other blatant lies he told?
I am stating that it is not "grapes".

Saban's not mad about anything. He was asked a question.

For the third time............. SABAN WAS OFF WITH HIS "6 PLAYER" STATEMENT.

#22 : October 03, 2007, 03:02:40 PM

"Of 110 players, we have two nonqualifiers, one starts, one doesn't," Leavitt said. "The Big East doesn't allow nonqualifiers. For a guy to make a mistake like that is not right.

#23 : October 03, 2007, 03:01:27 PM

Im sorry when did Noel Devine start going to USF?

When did anyone say that WVU got where they got because of low standards? And why would I care anymore about that kind of ignorance than I would about Saben's?

What kid part am I playing perfectly? You mean the part that provides all the reasons why Saben sounded like an idiot, and 'Bama fan comes in and tells us all the reasons why Saben is a saint? and asks why people wont levae him alone and why USF fans even care about his comments. You are playing the part of 'Bama homer real good.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 03, 2007, 02:23:32 PM

I am a Nole, the NOles are #1 always but I am a bandwagon USF fan for the last 3 years. I admit they didnt matter to me until a few years ago

Aren't you a Alabama fan? Why would I not be surprised that you are defending him?
I am a Bama fan. Why wouldn't I? More crap gets thrown Saban's way than anyone in college football, and for no good reason really. Bama's a nobody now, right?

Why are you even bashing him?

Why would you even care?

USF does have players that couldn't qualify at other schools (i.e. Mike Ford at Bama). He shouldn't have said it the way he did, but he was asked the question. Saban's not one to pull punches, but he didn't say anything that should get some bandwagoner's panties in a bunch.

Many have said plenty about Noel Devine getting into WVU, but I haven't heard squat from you about it, and he is as big an idiot, while at the same time, as talented a player as there is.

When asked about USF's success, Saban should've just replied, "Yeah, they're great. Coach Levitt is great. I think everything is great."

I didn't hear anyone crying when Saban helped facilitate Jamar Taylor's move from Bama to USF. Then again, the Florida media hates Saban for the most part, so why would we hear anything about that?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 03, 2007, 02:27:34 PM

Mike Ford went to prep school to get eligible.  Let's not leave out that little bit of info.  There's not a starter on USF's defense that was offered a scholarship to UF and FSU.  And the biggest reason for the rise of smaller programs in the cut in scholarships by the NCAA.  HE could have answered the quesiton without calling out USF and undermining the hard work of Leavitt, his coaches, and the players.  It was a classless comment that unless he can back it up he shouldn't have been said.  Doesn't bother me though.  Last I checked coaches are evaluated on wins and losses.

#26 : October 03, 2007, 02:29:00 PM

I am a Bama fan. Why wouldn't I? More crap gets thrown Saban's way than anyone in college football, and for no good reason really. Bama's a nobody now, right?

Why would you even care?

USF does have players that couldn't qualify at other schools (i.e. Mike Ford at Bama). He shouldn't have said it the way he did, but he was asked the question. Saban's not one to pull punches, but he didn't say anything that should get some bandwagoner's panties in a bunch.

Many have said plenty about Noel Devine getting into WVU, but I haven't heard squat from you about it, and he is as big an idiot, while at the same time, as talented a player as there is.

When asked about USF's success, Saban should've just replied, "Yeah, they're great. Coach Levitt is great. I think everything is great."

I didn't hear anyone crying when Saban helped facilitate Jamar Taylor's move from Bama to USF. Then again, the Florida media hates Saban for the most part, so why would we hear anything about that?

WAH! WAH! WAH! poor Saban! He doesnt deserve it? Why am I bashing him? Because he made a jerkoff comment about USF which happens to be about 1.5 miles from where i live. Should Jim Leavitt have ignored it too? I bet you think Jim Leavitt is such an a-hole for not just leaving poor Nicky alone since he obviously did nothing to draw attention to himself

Personally Im a fan of Nick Saben. I think hes a good coach and Ive always liked him because Ive always kind of liked LSU. That doesnt mean when he says something stupid he gets apass, and it laso doenst mean Im a Saben hater because I am calling him out now

#27 : October 03, 2007, 02:31:28 PM

Miyagi, almosty nothing you said actually addressed the reasoning behind what Saben said. You are all over the place.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 03, 2007, 02:59:55 PM

Miyagi, almosty nothing you said actually addressed the reasoning behind what Saben said. You are all over the place.
USF does have players that couldn't qualify at other schools.

Mike Ford tried for over a year to qualify for Bama, but couldn't. He now plays for USF.

I mentioned him the first time around. Maybe you missed it?

Try, once again, to address the reasoning behind Saban's comment "I think there are six guys starting on South Florida's defense who probably could have gone to Florida or Florida State but Florida and Florida State couldn't take them"...
Read the entire thread.

I already stated that Saban was off base with that comment.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 03, 2007, 02:41:49 PM

Why would you even care?

WAH! WAH! WAH! poor Saban! He doesnt deserve it? Why am I bashing him? Because he made a jerkoff comment about USF which happens to be about 1.5 miles from where i live. Should Jim Leavitt have ignored it too? I bet you think Jim Leavitt is such an a-hole for not just leaving poor Nicky alone since he obviously did nothing to draw attention to himself

Personally Im a fan of Nick Saben. I think hes a good coach and Ive always liked him because Ive always kind of liked LSU. That doesnt mean when he says something stupid he gets apass, and it laso doenst mean Im a Saben hater because I am calling him out now
I like Leavitt, and have nothing bad to say about him. Quit making stupid assumptions. I know you are a kid, but try not to act like one.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nick Saban cracks USF « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools