Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the panic mode? « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: October 03, 2007, 03:19:54 PM

I gave up reading all athe articles about Caddy and Luke when I realized it appears some are in panic mode.

I see no panic nor any reason to.

Players get hurt. It happens every week to some players and sometimes multiple players in the same week-see Buffalo Bills.

In our case we have 2 players to fill in for Luke until Gru/Allen make a decision as to what to do. Same fo Carnell. No one we bring in right now will be of immediate benefit anyway as those kinds of players just aren't out there.

Also, the ton of different posts about possible trades, don't trade is all coming primarily from 1 source and is directly or indirectly being quoted by other sites-Roy Cummings.

Now hear this. How does Cummings know for a fact that we want to trade for Taylor & McKinnie?  How does does Cummings know for a fact that we offered a certain draft pick for Moore. If these were facts don't you think we would have heard it from Scott or Jim. We didn't, so I choose not to believe it.
Sometimes the posters on here are like a bunch of gossiping women!

When something is factually in the works or has actually happened we will hear about it from Scott or Jim.

I am not the least bit concerned about the loss of Carnell and Luke-at this point. It will be resolved on or before 10/16.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 03, 2007, 03:20:45 PM

Who is in panic mode? I don't see it.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 03, 2007, 03:22:10 PM

"Panic" sells newspapers.  And internet advertising space. 

And to support the "panic" story, you need a story like the trade with Minnesota.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 03, 2007, 03:24:53 PM

Its much like Rick Stroud's article the DAY OF the 2002 playoff game saying Dungy would be fired if he didn't win the game.  There's no need for it but its the shock and awe of it.  Its a way to draw attention to yourself and to sell newspapers.

The Bucs being 3-1 is too bland just by itself I guess - especially if you hate Gruden/Allen.  But "the Bucs are playing well but not for long" angle is much more appealing to the ignorant reader.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the panic mode? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools