Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch goes to the Browns « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« : January 29, 2007, 05:03:37 PM »

The only team in the top 7 or 8 who would pick Branch is Cleveland.
Two big reasons:
1. They play a 3-4 defense
2. Ted Washington is 38 years old

Branch is not a Tampa 2 under tackle. His game is not pentration or QB pressure. He is a wide body who stops the run and keeps the OL off the linebackers. He's a perfect fit as a NT on a 3-4 defense.

I don't see why any of this means the Cardinals, Redskins, or Texans wouldn't take him.  Hell, I wouldn't mind him on the Bucs if we were at 6 or 7.  Yeah we need an undertackle, but he'd be great at NT for us or any other team.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 29, 2007, 04:59:17 PM »

Hey! We are winning that damn coin flip BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baghead #2

T

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 29, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »

If we lose the coin toss I'd love the Browns to set their Franchise back another 5 years and draft Branch instead of Quinn,CJ or Joe Thomas.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 29, 2007, 04:43:31 PM »

Doesn't mean they take him. They need a NT, they also need a QB, LOT, RB and those players at all three spots are better prospects than Branch. I can't see Thomas getting past CLE if they are ahead of us because the only way he slides to them is if the Lions get one of the QB's.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

smma

Second String

« #4 : January 29, 2007, 04:41:50 PM »

Two big reasons:

Branch is not a Tampa 2 under tackle. His game is not pentration or QB pressure. He is a wide body who stops the run and keeps the OL off the linebackers. He's a perfect fit as a NT on a 3-4 defense.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 29, 2007, 04:57:32 PM »

Two big reasons:

Bingo!!

True though, they do need some other pieces. Here is to hoping that Branch gets off at the combine!!!!!!

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 29, 2007, 05:13:49 PM »

I like branch a lot but what makes this defense go, an undertackle that can push the pocket in the face of the QB and does not allow the QB to step up away from the speed athletic Rush ends the scheme calls for. Branch would be a monster at DT, in the mold of a Henderson, no doubt but he is not what we need. If you 2 sacks a year, you have Hovan. We need pressure upfront, we had booger and we still have Hovan.

Baghead #2

shall555

Starter

« #7 : January 29, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »

The Browns signed Kevin Shaffer OT to a massive contract last year. I don't think they'll take Thomas. I think its down to Adrian Peterson, Branch or Jamaal Anderson. Romeo wants his own Richard Seymour to wreak havoc and they're set with two young QBs in Frye and Derek Anderson.

T

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 29, 2007, 05:39:09 PM »

Shalla555-Couldn't have said it better myself.Also, forget about the Browns drafting CJ they drafted Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow who are both productive players. Browns have almost as many holes as we do.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 29, 2007, 05:42:41 PM »

they're set with two young QBs in Frye and Derek Anderson.

That's like saying we're set with two young QB's Simms and Gradkowski. They have bodies but not necessarily players.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

shall555

Starter

« #10 : January 29, 2007, 05:51:19 PM »

they're set with two young QBs in Frye and Derek Anderson.

That's like saying we're set with two young QB's Simms and Gradkowski. They have bodies but not necessarily players.

LOL. Those guys aren't setting the world on fire, but the Browns are probably thinking like we are and just aren't interested in drafting and developing another young QB. Like Gruden, Romeo is also under the gun to 'win now'.

I think they'd improve right away with Peterson. Some players are superstars and tailor made for certain teams. I think he'd go very well with the Browns, same with Branch.

shall555

Starter

« #11 : January 29, 2007, 05:59:12 PM »

Shalla555-Couldn't have said it better myself.Also, forget about the Browns drafting CJ they drafted Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow who are both productive players. Browns have almost as many holes as we do.

Exactly, T! I also think it would be overkill for the Browns to draft CJ. I think they'd want to solidify all levels of the offense with Frye, Edwards, Winslow and a franchise back like Peterson. With Edwards, Winslow and Peterson, Frye won't have to be a franchise QB, just a good game manager.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 29, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »

I have said all along, the Brown IMHO will take Adrian Peteson because he will get off at the combine and the public wants him. Droughns sux and is nothing. The only other option would be Branch...

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 29, 2007, 10:15:13 PM »

I definitely see the Browns taking Adrian Peterson.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #14 : January 29, 2007, 11:46:39 PM »

I think the redskins could easily take branch, so could the dolphins

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alan Branch goes to the Browns « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools