Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Moves by the Bucs today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: October 03, 2007, 07:59:26 PM

Awesome! now you'll witness the specialness of K-Darbs

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 03, 2007, 08:01:54 PM

What about Cox?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 03, 2007, 07:26:57 PM

I totally agree with dbucfan on this one

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 03, 2007, 07:25:54 PM

this is a wait and see situation .. if penn and graham don't show they can handle the starter workload, expect more movement in the next 2 weeks.

Safe bet that all movement will cease in two weeks - since the trade deadline is then.  Insightful.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 03, 2007, 07:23:40 PM

this is a wait and see situation .. if penn and graham don't show they can handle the starter workload, expect more movement in the next 2 weeks.

#2Linebacker32

Starter

#5 : October 03, 2007, 06:42:40 PM

good post. I like the move of bringing up Darby. He could be a real good back up and help us on special teams. I also like the fact that they kept it in house and didn't go sing an outsider who will come in and demand carries i.e Corey Dillion

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 03, 2007, 05:39:26 PM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers today announced that they have signed RB Kenneth Darby and T Dennis Roland to the active roster from the practice squad and placed T Luke Petitgout and RB Carnell Williams on the Injured Reserve list. Additionally, the Buccaneers have signed T Ryan Gibbons, WR Chad Lucas and RB DonTrell Moore to the practice squad and released CB Marcus Hamilton from the practice squad.

Darby joined the Buccaneers as a seventh-round selection (246th overall) in the 2007 NFL Draft. He spent the first four weeks of the season on the Buccaneers practice squad. Roland spent the entire 2006 season as a member of the Buccaneers practice squad after entering the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Cowboys in 2006. He also spent the first four weeks of the 2007 season on the Tampa Bay practice squad. Petitgout and Williams sustained season-ending knee injuries in the Week 4 victory at Carolina.

Gibbons joins the practice squad after being released from the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad on September 20. Lucas rejoins the Buccaneers practice squad after being released from the active roster on September 29. Moore joins the Buccaneers practice squad after being released by the Tennessee Titans on September 1. Hamilton was a seventh-round selection (245th overall) by the Buccaneers in the 2007 NFL Draft and spent the first four weeks on the practice squad.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 03, 2007, 08:59:21 PM

Safe bet that all movement will cease in two weeks - since the trade deadline is then. Insightful.

yes, this was my point -- wait and see for a week or two until the trade deadline .. if we win 1 or 2 more games but don't get good production out of graham or penn, then it puts more onus to upgrade for the rest of this year.

not sure why you need to measure the insightfulness of someone's posts.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 03, 2007, 11:25:42 PM

Jesus. 

I am shocked.

The Bucs sign Ken Darby to the active squad.

Wow.

Yucs, the Bucs made no moves son.  Looks like your inside info is in err...

LA BUC

Starter

#9 : October 04, 2007, 12:08:21 AM

So we lose two big name players and all we get is two practice squad players to replace them?  Come on!!!

BP1

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 04, 2007, 12:37:20 AM

good post. I like the move of bringing up Darby. He could be a real good back up and help us on special teams. I also like the fact that they kept it in house and didn't go sing an outsider who will come in and demand carries i.e Corey Dillion

Was Darby really that good on special teams? I can't remember him doing much in the preseason on special teams.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#11 : October 04, 2007, 01:06:43 AM

So we lose two big name players and all we get is two practice squad players to replace them?  Come on!!!

I think we have to on this one. Right now we have zero leverage in any deals we might make as everyone assumes we're desperate. If we are competetive this week with the backups all of a sudden we have some bargaining room again and if we lose, well, we lost to the Colts and we're not really any worse off trade wise since no one expects us to beat the Colts anyway.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : October 04, 2007, 01:34:24 AM

I liked DonTrell Moore in college. New Mexico, right?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 04, 2007, 09:52:22 AM

Was Darby really that good on special teams? I can't remember him doing much in the preseason on special teams.

No, he wasn't, and that's just one reason why he didn't make the roster.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : October 04, 2007, 11:47:19 AM

Practice squad players know the playbook and are ahead of the game and can produce instantly if called upon.

Potheads (R Williams) and retreads from other teams don't know the system and will likely take awhile to learn it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Moves by the Bucs today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools