Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Moves by the Bucs today « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bryan12112

Starter

#15 : October 04, 2007, 12:24:57 PM

Like Scotty said on the radio yesterday, the Bucs will wait until the last minute if they do make a trade.

Yuccaneers never said anything was definite, did he? I thought he just said they were talking. Nothing more. But it wouldn't surprise me if the Bucs did deal for Moore right before the trading deadline. The ball is in Minnesota's court right now. I doubt the Bucs will give up a first day pick. They'd be crazy to. So Minny is going to have to back off a little bit and settle for a second day pick, most likely a 5th or 6th. We'll see.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 04, 2007, 12:28:40 PM

Yuc was right on. And I figure it will be a 5th for Moore.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 04, 2007, 12:33:15 PM

Yuc was right on. And I figure it will be a 5th for Moore.
Dontrell Moore?

Pashaw.

I am talking about the move to acquire a running back, such as Mewelde Moore...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 04, 2007, 12:41:13 PM

5th rounder for M. Moore.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 04, 2007, 12:44:37 PM

And?

The BUcs have not acquired anyone.  His source is flawed....until something happens of course...

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 04, 2007, 12:48:42 PM

well, like I have said the team was in discussions with the Vikings about Moore on the 1 Oct, and then reports surfaced that the team was talking to Minny, on the evening of the second, granted a trade did not happen because the asking price was high

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

buckit

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 04, 2007, 12:51:25 PM

Watch out for Darby. This kid has big play ability.  I think Gruden's down on him because he's been slow to pick up the playbook, but he can come in and create a play or two...

What concerns me is the Penn VS Freeney scenerio.  My guess is, you'll see a lot of max protect, and designed boots/roll outs to keep Feeney as far away from Garcia as possible.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 04, 2007, 12:52:41 PM

Watch out for Darby. This kid has big play ability.

Plus Askew is a fairly decent RB if he gets the ball.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 04, 2007, 12:56:01 PM

Not to mention a BIG factor in our resurgent run game.  Remember, NEVER in his career as a Jet did Askew's RB (or combination of RB's) rush for less than 1,000 yards.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

orlandobuc

Starter

#24 : October 04, 2007, 01:01:32 PM

Graham will be fine. We dont need another running back unless we draft a great one. No need to pay draft picks for a situational guy.

The LT is more important. If Garcia gets knocked out for the season by Freeney I wil smoke.

Gruden just needs a solid game plan to either run at Freeney or get rid of the ball quicker. Giving the LT help is going to hurt our game plan I think.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 04, 2007, 01:23:15 PM

And?

The BUcs have not acquired anyone.  His source is flawed....until something happens of course...

No, his source said we were inquiring about it. And after reading multiple reports, I believe he was right.
It makes sense. Not a big deal.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 04, 2007, 01:35:06 PM

'Yucs information was that they were talking. I didn't buy the McKinnie thing from the beginning - would have loved for the Chester Taylor rumors to be true - at this stage a fresh young set of legs like Mewelde Moore as a change of pace back even - would be great.

With what our schedule looks like on the backside - moving players up from the practice squad probably will work. Penn will get some great first hand learnings - and shold hold his own. He'll have a test this week and again when we play the Texans - we'll see how he's progressing. We'll see when folks have enough tape on him how he's truly progressing.

Besides Darby, the most intriguing roster move to me was Hamilton - this is total stretch reasoning on my part - but could the Bucs be ready to move BK in a trade for a guy like C Taylor? Hamilton looked like he was getting it in TC and pre-season. Move Buchanon - who's been stalwart at nickle and filling in for BK - to start opposite Ronde, bring in Cox and Hamilton for depth/nickle. Hamilton actually reminded me a lot of a young Barber...Hmmmm

Incomparable sig by Incognito

buckit

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 04, 2007, 01:38:08 PM

Leave Yucs alone.  He's a good guy who was just trying to help us fans keep up to date on a silly football game while he's out risking his @$$ for us in Iraq.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

bryan12112

Starter

#28 : October 04, 2007, 01:52:17 PM

Leave Yucs alone. He's a good guy who was just trying to help us fans keep up to date on a silly football game while he's out risking his @$$ for us in Iraq.

Well said.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 04, 2007, 03:57:13 PM

Darby needs to be given a chance to RUN ALL OVER THE COLTS. Put him in there and RUN HIM till he drops.
The End.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Moves by the Bucs today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools