Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton at TE? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« : October 04, 2007, 04:17:24 PM »

Think about it? Smith is our only true TE who can really catch.....Becht is more of just a blocking TE. Why not have one guy that can somewhat do one and do hell of a job doing the other. We all know Clayton is a great run and pass blocker, so why not have him be at Tightend. Stevans is going to sit out 4-8 games probably so why dont we experiment with him there and get Stovall in the action? I dont think its that terrible of an idea.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 04, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »

This has been discussed many times in the past.  Do a search and you will find multiple threads.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 04, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »

Well given the ability of blocking lately and him not really much doing anything at TE I thought it would be interesting to bring it up.

Whatever happened of getting P-Buc into the mix on O?

Honestly, Clayton at TE and Stovall at 3rd WR seems much more sensible given Clayton's production.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 04, 2007, 04:21:03 PM »

Not altogether a bad notion.  His position would create favorable matchups, say against LB's or Safteys.  Lord knows the guy can't get open vs corners.  And if he makes  catch here and there great.  He is a dynamic blocker, especially in the run.  He ain't much smaller than Jeremy Shockey...I could see it.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 04, 2007, 04:21:40 PM »

I believe Stovall got some reps at TE in the offseason

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 04, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »

Trying to move a corner to wr is almost alwaysa bad idea and utter waste of time.  Besides , Buchannan needs fresh legs, he's likely to be our starter due to A) he's more physically talented than Kelly and B) Kelly hasn't played a whole season in how many years???  Buchannan needs gas in the tank to stay fast.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 04, 2007, 04:28:09 PM »

I realize that Buck It but I mean one or two plays a game isnt going to like you know kill our Cornerback. I just would like to see this bum Stovall get a chance to prove why he was a golden child in Training Camp. Graham stepped up after being Mr.August and I would like to see Stovall get in the action. Of course if Warren was healthy he would be the #3 but Clayton Smith and Becht sound like an interesting Tight End group. I mean hey, if we need help going to the outside, swing Clayton in front of the RB with a Fullback and Tackle and thats probably good for 5+ yards ya know?

creekchub00

Starter

« #7 : October 04, 2007, 04:40:04 PM »

I am not sure if Clayton is big enought to handle blocking DE and LBs blitzing on occasion. He is a great blocker in the run game, but as far as pass blocking from the TE position I don't think it is a great idea.
Smith and Becht are more then adequate at the moment IMO.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #8 : October 04, 2007, 04:44:12 PM »

Guess we can't have too many of these threads....

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 04, 2007, 04:50:21 PM »

Brilliant! Move Clayton to TE, then move Bect over to LT, bring Buchanon to the O as WR, move Stevens over to bartender, then bring back Larry Brackins to play CB, Safety, and Place kicker.

creekchub00

Starter

« #10 : October 04, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »

Brilliant! Move Clayton to TE, then move Bect over to LT, bring Buchanon to the O as WR, move Stevens over to bartender, then bring back Larry Brackins to play CB, Safety, and Place kicker.
BRILLIANT! haha

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 04, 2007, 04:59:42 PM »

move Stevens over to bartender

LMAO

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 04, 2007, 05:06:21 PM »

I like your style.

Dear Glazers,

Thank you,
--the fans

« #13 : October 04, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »

215 pounders dont drive block DEs and LBs

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #14 : October 04, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »

215 pounders dont drive block DEs and LBs

Are you implying that making open field blocks might be different that blocking from a 3 point stance?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton at TE? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools