Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strong plays for the week!!! « previous next »
Page: 1

: October 04, 2007, 07:57:00 PM

Any suggestions? I got hammered last week.

So far, I'm loving Dallas. Can't believe they are only favored by 10.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 04, 2007, 09:35:21 PM

Baltimore -3 against Trent Dilfer    Pack -3 against a beat up bears team

Bucz108

Starter

#2 : October 04, 2007, 09:39:42 PM

Love New Orleans (-3.5) vs. Carolina.

Also love the Bucs (+10) @ Indy.  (However, as a rule, I don't bet on the Bucs as I think with my heart too much.  AKA, I'm a homer.)

captain jack

Pro Bowler
#3 : October 04, 2007, 09:49:27 PM

Tennessee over the Falcons.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 04, 2007, 09:51:48 PM

Titans over the Falcons would be the way I went but , I live in a Van down by the river so if you want to win dont take my advice

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#5 : October 04, 2007, 09:52:30 PM

I do like Baltimore.

captain jack

Pro Bowler
#6 : October 04, 2007, 09:59:18 PM

I'm in a 'suicide pool' and the Titans are my pick this week.  I stayed away from the Ravens and Packers this week, although I do like the Packers over the Bears.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 04, 2007, 10:24:51 PM

The bucs getting 10 pnts is a great play this week.

Moosedrool

Starter

#8 : October 04, 2007, 10:24:54 PM

Here's what I've come up with so far:

Seattle V Pitts(-5.5) - I really like Pitt at home coming off an ugly loss in Az. I see something like 24-17.However without Ward it could get pretty close, and if Polamalu doesn't play the 5.5 is a scary prop. I'm waiting until after Friday's practice to include this in any of my plays.

Jets v Giants(-3.5) - This is the best play of the week! Giants should coast...

Baltimore V San Fran(+3.5) - I hate playing against the home dawg, and Baltimore sucked arse against Clevland last week but this one seems pretty safe to me. It's going to take Dilfer a few games to get use to "game speed" again.

Dallas V Buff(+10) - I like it however I smell trap (97% of the money bet on the spread this week is going on Dallas). I'm staying away. So I'm playing the over on Seattle V Pitt at 39.

Hey Hate, I guess you didn't see my post last week...
http://pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=14090.msg300556#msg300556

#9 : October 04, 2007, 10:29:15 PM

LOL.... i missed that post. You rolling with the Pats this week?

After looking over the lines, I'm loving the Giants as well as the Steelers.

Not touching the Bucs.... i've learned to separate heart and head.

I like the Pack as well... we can count on Griese givin up the booty at least twice.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 04, 2007, 10:29:49 PM

Also think the Colts are giving up way too many points even if it is the Bucs. Don't do it often, but might put a couple of matchsticks on that.

Moosedrool

Starter

#11 : October 04, 2007, 11:11:52 PM

I'm staying away from Chic/Green B - this already is a must win for the Bears, they can't afford to get down by four games. And...uh...I actually think Griese is going to have a decent game with another week under his belt.

I like the Bucs but until they start winning games away from home I'm staying away. I think we'll keep it close - like we did against Seattle the first half...but I can also see it getting away from us in the 4th and Indy putting up GARBAGE points.

Gotta ride the Pats one more week!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 05, 2007, 08:32:51 AM

Not touching the Bucs.... i've learned to separate heart and head.

It's not about heart and head "hate" unless you're in just a pick pool. If you're getting the points it's a  great play this week, that's a ton of points for a team that's solid in all 3 phases.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 05, 2007, 10:00:40 PM

Bucs plus the points; also playing the money line. Call me a homer (which is true), but the capper in me sees big value here. Also love the Dolphins plus the points. Good value there, too.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Strong plays for the week!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools