Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the key factor in this weeks game. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

: October 05, 2007, 03:37:49 AM

In your opinion, what is the most important thing the Bucs must do well at for them to beat the Colts???

escobar

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 05, 2007, 03:46:17 AM

Pressure Manning, without a doubt IMO. I believe our offense can move the ball on their D, especially with their injuries. Garcia may not have a huge game but given how little he has turned it over and how accurate he has been I feel as though 17-20 points will win us the game IF we get consistent pressure.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 05, 2007, 04:10:01 AM

I agree if we can get to Manning, it is a completely different game... don't they have a rookie left tackle... Too Bad Rice is in Denver

mpanico

Rookie
#3 : October 05, 2007, 04:20:22 AM

There are several things the Bucs must do this week against the Colts to win. However, the most important thing in my opinion is to win the turnover battle.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 05, 2007, 04:58:00 AM

Pressuring the QB, Bucs running game, converting third downs(time of poss),  winning the turnover battle, and Donald Penn.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 05, 2007, 05:03:54 AM

I just went and checked the ST rankings for each team since in a close game that can be the deciding factor, and I believe it's going to be a close game. Their strongest unit is their KO return team, ranked 10th. Good thing for us our KO coverage unit is ranked tops in the league, number 1 overall. Another advantage for us is our 9th ranked punt return unit, which is going to face their dead last 32nd ranked punt coverage unit. These numbers show that our ST is definitely a strength heading into this game. Our running game needs to continue clicking as well, the colts D is currently giving up 127 ypg rushing, and that was before they lost one of their better run stopping LB's for the season. Even if Sanders plays we should be able to rush for 100+ yards and that will be huge in more ways than one.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 05, 2007, 05:08:03 AM

Another huge factor is that Indy is currently ranked 29th in the league in defensive 3rd down percentage, with a 48 percent opponent conversion rate. We are ranked 8th with a 36.7 opponent conversion rate.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 05, 2007, 05:18:52 AM

I agree if we can get to Manning, it is a completely different game... don't they have a rookie left tackle... Too Bad Rice is in Denver
Chukwurah is in Tampa. Denver imploded against Manning. The Bucs will be respectable. Rice took less money and Denver over more money and Tampa. Doesn't that tell you something? The Bucs are ranked #5 in Defense. I seriously doubt Rice would have made them any better. He's sure not doing much for Denver.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 05, 2007, 05:21:00 AM

In your opinion, what is the most important thing the Bucs must do well at for them to beat the Colts???
Run the ball. Control the clock. Keep Manning off the field.

Capt Tripps

Second String

#9 : October 05, 2007, 06:54:19 AM

Sparky made the point I wanted to make.  I think P. Chuck is going to be the X-Factor for pressure this week on Manning.  Fire up the D-Line, and then maybe Gaines, White, Peterson can show us something.  We have to be flawless this game to win.  No turnovers, limit penalties (which we have...very surprizing), get pressure, run the ball, and basically smash them in the mouth early and often to get the crowd out of it.

Time to step up, guys!!!

Become who we thought you were....lol.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 05, 2007, 07:26:33 AM

they are who we thought they were... and we better not let them off the hook!!! :)

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 05, 2007, 08:16:55 AM

we need all the lucky breaks.

zed

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 05, 2007, 08:27:18 AM

I think if we score on every possession.  We can't lose.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#13 : October 05, 2007, 08:29:23 AM

I think if we score on every possession. We can't lose.

including theirs.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 05, 2007, 08:35:17 AM

The Bucs nickle D against the 3 wide of the Colts is going to be key in this game, the DL is going to have to clog because that's when the Colts like to run.

Denver's defense is AWFUL, really bad agaisnt the run so they were toast from jump.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the key factor in this weeks game. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools