Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the key factor in this weeks game. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#15 : October 05, 2007, 08:37:56 AM

we can pray for heavy rain.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#16 : October 05, 2007, 08:38:43 AM

food poisoning in the home team locker room.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#17 : October 05, 2007, 08:40:55 AM

gaines impersonating human urine.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#18 : October 05, 2007, 08:42:10 AM

running the statue of liberty play.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#19 : October 05, 2007, 08:55:33 AM

I think controlling the tempo of the game would be the most important.  Keeping possession of the ball on our side and cut Manning out of the picture as much as possible.  Our defense needs a big game also, I would like to see PBucc snab an interception, and Adams get a sack...maybe a forced fumble...

and no matter if its Colts this weekend or what, but our offense needs to show some diversity in it....we need to get our #2 and 3 WR's in play at least once every drive, and let our backfield make some moves for us...we need to show that even without Caddy back there we are not affraid to hand the ball to a capable RB...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#20 : October 05, 2007, 08:57:21 AM

we need all the lucky breaks.

Luck is for the weak hearted, skill is the name of OUR game...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 05, 2007, 11:57:55 AM

The bucs best bet will be to hope the colts team bus never makes it to the field.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 05, 2007, 11:59:30 AM

Shut down Peyton Manning...We have to get pressure on him or else we're screwed. Plain and simple. We have to rattle Peyton and rattle him early

john.matincheck

Starter

#23 : October 05, 2007, 12:00:41 PM

Score more points then they do.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 05, 2007, 12:02:41 PM

Shut down Peyton Manning...We have to get pressure on him or else we're screwed. Plain and simple. We have to rattle Peyton and rattle him early

The common factor amongst the teams that have success against indy is they all have LBs and Safeties that can blitz effectively.  Unfortunately, we dont have a Vrabel/Porter/Merriman type of player, and our DL isnt the best pass rushing unit.  Manning is going to shred us.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 05, 2007, 12:07:20 PM

The common factor amongst the teams that have success against indy is they all have LBs and Safeties that can blitz effectively. Unfortunately, we dont have a Vrabel/Porter/Merriman type of player, and our DL isnt the best pass rushing unit. Manning is going to shred us.

I concur.....but don't mind being wrong.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 05, 2007, 12:14:04 PM

The common factor amongst the teams that have success against indy is they all have LBs and Safeties that can blitz effectively. Unfortunately, we dont have a Vrabel/Porter/Merriman type of player, and our DL isnt the best pass rushing unit. Manning is going to shred us.

I concur.....but don't mind being wrong.

I know, and that's what scares me about this game. If we can incorporate the 3-4 defense into our game plans and use it more often than our base 4-3 we have a shot at getting pressure on him. We do have quick, smart linebackers. Chuckwurah is supposed to be a pass rushing phenom, so lets put him in position to do his thing, lets give him the oppertunity to shine. If we can't get pressure, we better hope our secondary can make some plays for us, or it's going to be a looooonnggggg dayyyyyy

clintro

Pro Bowler
#27 : October 05, 2007, 12:39:32 PM

I just went and checked the ST rankings for each team since in a close game that can be the deciding factor, and I believe it's going to be a close game. Their strongest unit is their KO return team, ranked 10th. Good thing for us our KO coverage unit is ranked tops in the league, number 1 overall. Another advantage for us is our 9th ranked punt return unit, which is going to face their dead last 32nd ranked punt coverage unit. These numbers show that our ST is definitely a strength heading into this game. Our running game needs to continue clicking as well, the colts D is currently giving up 127 ypg rushing, and that was before they lost one of their better run stopping LB's for the season. Even if Sanders plays we should be able to rush for 100+ yards and that will be huge in more ways than one.

The KEYs to the game would be to Score MOre Points than they do!!   ;)

No really.... I agree with Escobar special teams and a successful running game will win this one for us.

#28 : October 05, 2007, 02:23:28 PM

I agree if we can get to Manning, it is a completely different game... don't they have a rookie left tackle... Too Bad Rice is in Denver

Denver just played the Colts last week. Simeon Rice did have a tackle.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29253&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=REG4

We could have really used that kind of production.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 05, 2007, 02:31:13 PM

lmao

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the key factor in this weeks game. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools