Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replacing Petitgout « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#15 : October 05, 2007, 01:35:03 PM

Gump - I like Schef as well. Very good at what he does. I trust him over any other source when it comes to the NFL. However, PR is "The inside source for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers". bottom line, period, no question

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 05, 2007, 01:36:25 PM

Gump - I like Schef as well. Very good at what he does. I trust him over any other source when it comes to the NFL. However, PR is "The inside source for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers". bottom line, period, no question

I wouldn't be surprised if Schef's insider source was a subscription to PR.

gump

Starter

#17 : October 05, 2007, 01:36:59 PM

Sad to see someone that would rely more on a fellow

You didn't finish your thought.  Rely more on Shefter than who?

gump

Starter

#18 : October 05, 2007, 01:37:59 PM

Agree Tony.  But has PR said something that contradicts Schefter's report?  Sorry if I missed it...

simmstheanswer

Starter

#19 : October 05, 2007, 02:59:25 PM

Agree Tony.  But has PR said something that contradicts Schefter's report?  Sorry if I missed it...

no, they haven't.

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#20 : October 05, 2007, 03:23:57 PM

Gump - Are you an Insider? Scott mentioned something on his Blitz show on WDAE and another thing in the Fab Five. Both were regarding the running game.

One thing that was pointed out on the show was the fact that Graham and Pittman are actually averaging more yards than Williams was. Pittman and Graham are better blockers on a blitz. Both catch the ball better than Williams (dropped two passes in his chest right before he was injured). Also mentioned was the fact that Pittman doesn' t have to come off the field now on third downs.

The Fab five mentions one thing that I will point out (sign up if you aren't already), about the running back and defense that Bucs played with during the Super Bowl year.

I think they have plenty of confidence in the running game.

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

simmstheanswer

Starter

#21 : October 05, 2007, 04:54:48 PM

Gump - Are you an Insider? Scott mentioned something on his Blitz show on WDAE and another thing in the Fab Five. Both were regarding the running game.

One thing that was pointed out on the show was the fact that Graham and Pittman are actually averaging more yards than Williams was. Pittman and Graham are better blockers on a blitz. Both catch the ball better than Williams (dropped two passes in his chest right before he was injured). Also mentioned was the fact that Pittman doesn' t have to come off the field now on third downs.

The Fab five mentions one thing that I will point out (sign up if you aren't already), about the running back and defense that Bucs played with during the Super Bowl year.

I think they have plenty of confidence in the running game.

what does any of that have to do with replacing the players? that's a politicians anwer coming from the bucs. yes those players were here during the SB run, so what? Yes they were avg. more yards this year, but look at when they got those yards. And as I explained above, they got those yards b/c they were constantly fresh, only being in for one or two plays at a time then coming out, as where Caddy was in for most plays, it only makes sense he will Avg less yards per carry. Yes Pitt can catch better, it's been that way for the past 3 years, but that means absolutely nothing, as is shown by the fact that he was not the starting WR, and only came in on pass downs.

The point is, neither of these guys are every down guys, and they never have been, and never will be. Caddy was, and will be again. Pitt is a great backup, borderline low end starter, possibly with him and graham teamed up we will have a complete starter in two guys, but neither of them is a feature type back.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 05, 2007, 05:50:56 PM

Think what this is implying is that the Team has great confidence in Penn, but lacks confidence in the runningbacks behind Williams

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

blitz

Pro Bowler
#23 : October 05, 2007, 09:27:48 PM

Go back and watch the long pass to Ike in the Carolina game.  Now watch Penn pick up the stunt in pass pro.   I bet Luke would have whiffed on that play like he did in Seattle.

gone

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 05, 2007, 10:39:04 PM

This is a fair assessment -- Penn is not dramatically poorer than Luke from what I've seen.  While I'm sure that says as much about Luke as it does about Penn, the fact is it's not that big a difference.  You going from Good to Decent.  Or Decent to Average, take your pick. 

The part I don't buy is the difficulty in replacing Caddy. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 05, 2007, 11:08:38 PM

You may think Im fooling
For the foolish things I do
You may wonder how come I turned upfield
When I should have run out of bounds.
Well baby, you know you loved me
there ain't no secret bout that.
You all bought my jersey
From the Sports Authority.

Well honey I hope you didn't lose your money
Cause now I'm in a big fat cast.

Well come on over here and interview me
And, baby, Ill spill the facts
Honey you won't get the yardage
No you won't get any more of that
From your totalled cadillac.  Totalled Cadillac.

Crushed ACL
Riding in the cart,
Waiting for Dr. Andrews
To schedule my MRI
Now all you got is Pittman and Graham.
Honey,  thats no running attack
Your gonna miss your
Totalled Cadillac
Totalled Cadillac!

blitz

Pro Bowler
#26 : October 06, 2007, 12:02:26 AM

This is a fair assessment -- Penn is not dramatically poorer than Luke from what I've seen. While I'm sure that says as much about Luke as it does about Penn, the fact is it's not that big a difference. You going from Good to Decent. Or Decent to Average, take your pick.

The part I don't buy is the difficulty in replacing Caddy.

Caddy was topline against fresh defenses.  Pittman/Graham have been clean up guys against winded defenses.   I do believe Pitt showed he could run both edges against Carolina and that's very encouraging.  Frankly,  I think he's matured as a running back and waits to see some semblance of daylight before he explodes into the hole.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Replacing Petitgout « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools