Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ADP, Okoye Rookies of the Month « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: October 05, 2007, 04:53:16 PM

From PFT:

PETERSON, OKOYE NAMED ROOKIES OF THE MONTH

So much for those rumors that Texans defensive tackle Amobi Okoye was destined to be a bust.  Instead, he's the NFL's rookie of the month for September.

Okoye notched 4.0 sacks and forced a fumble in his first four NFL games, and also made 10 tackles.  At only 20 years of ago, he was the No. 10 overall selection in the draft. 

On the other side of the ball, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson won the offensive rookie of the month award, thanks to 383 rushing yards and 549 total yards from scrimmage in his first quartet of games.  He was the No. 7 overall pick in the draft.

The other nominees for the offensive version of the prize were Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe, Bills running back Marshawn Lynch, Packers receiver James Jones, and Bucs guard Arron Sears.

Other nominees for the defensive prize were Lions safety Gerald Alexander, Bucs safety Tanard Jackson, Bucs defensive tackle Greg Peterson, and 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 05, 2007, 05:01:03 PM

Okoye is a guy that you watch and you don't see a lot of big plays coming off of him but he keeps making plays. He's really odd to watch. I started wondering at some point if he's just so darn good that he's making it look easy so he doesn't look like he's trying or if he's just gotten a lot of things to come to him this month if you understand that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 05, 2007, 05:05:41 PM

For the record, I was on the Okoye bandwagon back before the draft.  :p

On a somewhat more serious note, I'll note that that's pretty awesome to see three guys from our team nominated.  Even with Adams not performing (yet, I hope), that's a nice month for a draft class.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 05, 2007, 05:09:02 PM

Suprised to see Sears mentioned. Olineman usually don't get that type of recognition.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 05, 2007, 05:24:40 PM

Suprised to see Sears mentioned. Olineman usually don't get that type of recognition.

IIRC Buenning got a few mentions during his rookie year as well

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 05, 2007, 05:25:28 PM

Buenning was in the top five O rookies in 2005.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 05, 2007, 05:30:34 PM

Rookie OL's that start, regardless of how they play, normally get a few nods since no one knows how to eval them anyway.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 05, 2007, 07:50:12 PM

Glad to see some of the Bucs players getting noticed.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 05, 2007, 08:00:38 PM

I changed my mind on him multiple times leading up to the draft. Ultimately I decided Adams was the right pick but it always seems the good defensive tackles go a little later than they should (Sapp, Stroud, Harris, etc.).

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ADP, Okoye Rookies of the Month « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools