Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Key Matchup Issues « previous next »
Page: 1

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

: October 05, 2007, 08:42:40 PM

Im looking for us to win on special teams in a large way. The reasons are because not only have we already established this portion of our game as a stregnth, but we have Chukwurah and Torrie Cox back! They will elevate an already impressive unit. Now with the advantage in field position the Colts will have to work harder and longer to drive the legnth of the field - thereby creating more opportunities for turnovers. I see Ruud, Buchanon, and Phillips stepping up big here. If we capitalize on that we will have a great chance to succeed.

gump

Starter

#1 : October 05, 2007, 08:59:42 PM

Great point thomas.  It's an underrated and seldom discussed 1/3 of the game.  We know we are losing the 1/3 on offense.  2/3 would be enough.

What do you attribute our success so far to?

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 06, 2007, 01:49:26 AM

I think PR has made a very telling discovery. When gruden gets his teams off to fast starts they remain competative and do well. I think he halfway gave up last year with a third string QB and all, and just prepared to get ready for this year. Garcia is the key difference from this year to last, but because he is here Gruden is getting the most outta what he has..coaches, players, equipment, dogs, etc lol. I think, like you said, we can win on special teams and D, and get out to an early lead on O...we have a good chance to just run it down their throat.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Key Matchup Issues « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools