Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints/Panthers: why to root for the Panthers « previous next »
Page: 1

revfish

Pro Bowler
: October 05, 2007, 10:44:29 PM

Given their records, most people would think that Tampa fans should want the Saints to win.  I think that it would be best for us should the Saints go to 0-4

Friends, the Panthers are not a playoff caliber team.  Carr showed nothing, and they haven't looked good really all season.  Peppers is doing nothing, and Delhomme may be out for the season.  Moreover, Tampa plays them at home on the season's final week.  We'll have our shot at them.

However, the Saints still have the potential to turn things around, though I want them to do this later rather than earlier. Brees can be dangerous, and though they lost McCallister, Bush can have his moments.  All-in-all, I think that New Orleans has a lot more talent and I want them as far down as they can go before they start to turn it around, if they do.

Root for the Panthers this week, despite the fact that they're only one game behind us.   

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 05, 2007, 11:07:25 PM

The Saints have no chance at turning things around. Root for the Saints to beat the Panthers. The Panthers are our bigger rival. I'll never root for the Panthers unless it's a must win for us to make the playoffs.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

blitz

Pro Bowler
#2 : October 05, 2007, 11:44:33 PM

Only problem is Tampa plays the Saints in their backyard and the Panthers at RayJay.   

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 05, 2007, 11:47:57 PM

I'm rooting for the Saints all the way. I despise the Panthers and will never root for that team, ever. NO is done, Carolina is our main competition and we need them to lose this week.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#4 : October 06, 2007, 12:35:40 AM

It's simple, from here on out root for the team with the least wins when the Falcons, Saints and Panthers play each other. Then the minute the Bucs clinch the division, if they do, root for all NFC South teams to win. That way they get worse draft picks.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 06, 2007, 04:46:11 AM

Atlanta has shown signs of life the last two weeks. I am more concerned about them right now but the Panthers at 2-3 is better to me. I believe the Bucs have a chance to sweep the division this year. The next four games will be the toughest. If we split that puts us at 5-3 at midseason and leading the division (I seriously doubt any team in our division can win the next four in a row.). If this team can stay healthy, the second half of the season should be 6-2 or better. The Saints at 1-3 is hardly theatening.

It's gonna be a good day tater.

revfish

Pro Bowler
#6 : October 06, 2007, 07:01:35 AM

I would simply say that the Saints at 1-3 are a bigger threat than the Carolina Panthers at 2-3  They are also a bigger threat at 1-3 than the Panthers are at 3-2.  1sparky-  I agree that no team in our division will win the next four and that 5-3 at the break keeps us in first, but the Saints should not be taken for granted at this point in time.  After all, the three teams they've lost to are a combined 8-3 or 9-2.

Now if the Bucs win to go to 4-1 then we'll be a hard team to catch either way...   

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 06, 2007, 09:05:32 AM

I'm not really worried about Atlanta as Harrington always has good games sprinkled in between stretches of bad games. I expect him to put up Vickesque passing numbers soon enough.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 06, 2007, 09:57:26 AM

I'm actually with Rev, the Saints are inexplicably bad - that has a shot to change but it won't at 0-4, it might at 1-3. The Panthers, as long as Carr is in the mix, are lunch meat.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 06, 2007, 10:33:25 AM

I'm pulling for the Saints. I hate the Panthers and the Falcons but the Saints are ok. I'll pull for them as long as it doesn't hurt Tampa in any way.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 06, 2007, 01:06:11 PM

Garhen,absolutely right....after we clinch they can win all the games they want.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 06, 2007, 01:08:24 PM

How about a tie with lots of injuries?

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#12 : October 06, 2007, 01:45:43 PM

Root for the Saints.  When they play in NC I will root for the Panthers.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints/Panthers: why to root for the Panthers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools