Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: X's and O's « previous next »
Page: 1

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
: October 06, 2007, 05:55:13 PM

pittman and grahm first half, askew killing them in the fourth, old a-train style. need that early lead off of turnovers.

Really?  And we'll have Darby block for him? 

Why do people keep suggesting this?  We only have ONE Fullback.  Alstott had Cook blocking for him.  That's TWO fullbacks.

Anthony Becht could line up as a fullback. I'm not saying we should line Askew up as a halfback, I'm just saying if we wanted to, Becht could be the lead guy.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 06, 2007, 11:34:44 AM

With Pettigout out, we'll have get creative.

I'm thinking:

Broken I with Pittman and Graham.  Pittman shifts out to the slot (so if the backer's playing man, he'll have Pitt).  Send Galloway on a Go route, and Hilliard on the hook or quick out.  Graham stays in to block.  Pittman runs a crossing route, over the backer but under the cover 2.  Bam.  Big yardarge.

Flip side:  Same set, but replace Hilliard with Clayton.  Galloway to the left, Clayton to the right.  Pittman shifts to the slot, sets.  Clayton motions down to the offset TE position.  Graham gets the hand off, and Penn and Clayton seal Freeney to the outside, Pittman runs off his backer, and Garcia rolls left, taking his backer (who'll likely have a spy on him) with him.  Graham dive for big yardage. 

It won't be impossible to move the football, we just gotta get creative with the weapons we have.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

drywallbuc

Starter

#2 : October 06, 2007, 11:55:09 AM

pittman and grahm first half, askew killing them in the fourth, old a-train style. need that early lead off of turnovers.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 06, 2007, 12:06:41 PM

With Trueblood playing lights out, I expect some rollouts to the right. Pittman or Smith can chip someone the go out with Ike going longer on the right side.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 06, 2007, 03:34:28 PM

Why do people keep suggesting this?  We only have ONE Fullback.  Alstott had Cook blocking for him.  That's TWO fullbacks.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 06, 2007, 04:23:00 PM

well our D can not get to caught up in all of mannings signals when he come up to the line. We most just stay in our packages/base and do what we do.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 06, 2007, 04:27:48 PM

Do we have an extra decentll
dman we can use sometimes on the
line the way Gruden used Sapp sometimes to
mix em up?

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 07, 2007, 12:51:59 AM

Anthony Becht could line up as a fullback. I'm not saying we should line Askew up as a halfback, I'm just saying if we wanted to, Becht could be the lead guy.

Because he's been so successful at FB thru his career?

Until we have another FB, the "Run Askew" threads belong in the same place as the "TE Clayton" threads...and I'm too polite to say where they belong....

buckit

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 07, 2007, 10:30:54 AM

Really? And we'll have Darby block for him?

Why do people keep suggesting this? We only have ONE Fullback. Alstott had Cook blocking for him. That's TWO fullbacks.

Because in the WCO it's quite common to give the ball to the fullback and just let him bang it up the middle.  The primary back goes to the outside, and the D flows with him, opening up a hole to get your FB one on one with a LB (in theory).  The WCO relies a lot on misdirection and personel mismatches.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

drywallbuc

Starter

#9 : October 07, 2007, 10:37:20 AM

cant a two tight end set block for askew, sure ive seen alstott run behind them before. could be wrong, have been before.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: X's and O's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools