Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Friday Gruden Quotes 10/5/07 « previous next »
Page: 1

creekchub00

Starter

: October 06, 2007, 02:24:55 PM

Friday quotes from Coach Jon Gruden about the Indianapolis Colts and this weeks happenings at One Buc Place.
http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?page=234
(on if there are injury updates)
“No, I don’t have any injuries to report.”
(on if all players practiced on Friday)
“Yes.”
(on the week of practice)
“We had a good week of practice and I feel good about it. We’ll obviously be excited for
this opportunity; it’s a great challenge.”
(on if there is more pep in Michael Pittman now that he’s the feature back)
“I wouldn’t anoint anybody as a feature back. Earnest Graham is going to be a big part
of our offense. Michael Pittman might lead the NFL in pep and juice, so he doesn’t need
any tag in his title to change that in his game. He’s going to be a high-energy guy and
whatever chances he gets he’ll make the most of.”
(on if Anthony Davis will suit up for the game and if he’ll play at all at left tackle along
with Donald Penn)
“We’ll announce our game-day activations on Sunday. Obviously with [Luke]
Petitgout’s season-ending [injury] we’ll have to lean on somebody to come in and play.
But we’re not going to have Donald looking over his shoulder. He’s expected to start and
finish the game and do a good job. He’s going to have play great, because the guy he’s
blocking will play great.”
(on if B.J. Askew will be used more as blocker against Dwight Freeney)
“Oh, I don’t know about that. I’ve shown a lot of confidence in B.J. since he’s been here.
He’s a good player. He’s playing really good for us. If we’re in a two-back set he’ll
have somebody to block. That’s why he’s in the game. We might use a one-back set
where he’s not in the game. Somebody will block, hopefully, and block well. B.J.’s a
guy we have a lot of confidence in.”
(on if he might use Askew as more of a weapon in the passing game)
“Yeah. Again, we haven’t thrown the ball very much in the second half the last three
games. We’ve thrown quite a bit in the first half but not in the second half with the leads
we’ve had. I do believe he will emerge as a receiver, but when you’re only throwing it
22 times a game everybody’s upset with that in the passing game. But that’s part of life.”
(on if Luke Petitgout had his surgery)
“Today he has it.”
(on if it’s important to get the crowd out of the game early)
“No, not really. The crowd will get out of the game if you get a commanding lead.
That’s the least of our concerns when it comes to the game, really. We have to perform
at a high level to win the game and whatever the crowd decides to do is up to them.:
(on the specifics of Petitgout’s injury)
“I don’t know exactly, honestly I’m not very good at the medical jargon. He had a knee
injury of some kind and I’m sure Todd [Toriscelli] will be happy to give you that.
Patellas and ACLs and MCLs and PCLs kind of run together and I don’t want to be
incorrect.”

creekchub00

Starter

#1 : October 06, 2007, 02:25:54 PM

I love the quotes about Lukes injury. "Today he has it" :-)
"The medical jargon..."

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Friday Gruden Quotes 10/5/07 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools