Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could USF be #3 tomorrow? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#30 : October 14, 2007, 08:40:00 PM

so it's NOT ok for USC to be overrated.. .but it IS ok for USF....

Just wanna make sure I'm following the homer bandwagon jumper theory of the week.

Why would you compare a program who has been around 100 years with multiple heisman winners, NFL HOFers and is one of if not the best recruiting teams in the nation who lost to Stanford and nearly lost to Arizona, to a team who has been around 11 years and is the 3rd best recruiting team in their own state and keeps surpassing expectations? I dont understand this whole 'scrooge' way of thinking by some USF haters. Maybe they aree about 10 spots too high in the BCS rankins. Maybe they are only the 15th best team in the country, but why cant USF fans enjoy it? Why do you have to be the scrooge who is just dieing for the day they lose a game so you can rub it in everyones face?

I mean its not like they got here from beating the ECUs and Idaho States of the world. They beat Aubrun and West Virginia and demolished their rival UCF who maybe you didnt notice but nearly beat TExas this year

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 14, 2007, 08:51:25 PM

The Auburn game I'll give you was a damn good win over a pretty damn good football team.

The WV win is a win against a team that's overrated every single year. So I'm not exactly impressed that they beat another overrated team by a big 8 points.

The UCF win... it's freakin UCF.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 14, 2007, 10:16:38 PM

KrAzYbUc-I posted a thread entitled, "If you want a playoff system root for USF." Seriously, I want a playoff system to determine a true national champion as well. So if your complaint is about the current system then why are you complaining about USF? Rooting for us is like rooting for a playoff system because if we do get to the title game and get beat then they will almost have to make a change you'd hope. I personally think USF belongs, but either way I want a playoff system too so if we can agree on that then can you agree on rooting for USF and having fun with it, instead of hating on USF because they aren't known as a football powerhouse, this year in order to hopefully get a playoff system in the future?

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 15, 2007, 07:26:29 AM

KrAzYbUc-I posted a thread entitled, "If you want a playoff system root for USF." Seriously, I want a playoff system to determine a true national champion as well. So if your complaint is about the current system then why are you complaining about USF? Rooting for us is like rooting for a playoff system because if we do get to the title game and get beat then they will almost have to make a change you'd hope. I personally think USF belongs, but either way I want a playoff system too so if we can agree on that then can you agree on rooting for USF and having fun with it, instead of hating on USF because they aren't known as a football powerhouse, this year in order to hopefully get a playoff system in the future?

i realize that, and I want a playoff system, but theres no guarantee that USF winning will get us one. I'm not gonna lie, I like seeing USF do good. it's the majority of their 'fans' that i cant stand.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 15, 2007, 07:38:22 AM

it's the majority of their 'fans' that i cant stand.

wow...statement of someone losing control of their emotions.  Do you know the majority of the USF fans?  I know plenty and most are just enjoying the ride right now.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 15, 2007, 12:13:28 PM

I hate frontrunners too so I can understand how he feels. I don't mind people in the city supporting the city's team though. IMO there's a difference. I think where he's wrong is his assessment that most USF are new frontrunning old guys. We've got a HUGE student body(5th largest in the country) and now there's a reason for the non-football fanatics to come to the games. That's my opinion on the Bulls fanbase. A lot of women were at the game on Saturday.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 15, 2007, 12:17:11 PM

I hate frontrunners too so I can understand how he feels. I don't mind people in the city supporting the city's team though. IMO there's a difference. I think where he's wrong is his assessment that most USF are new frontrunning old guys. We've got a HUGE student body(5th largest in the country) and now there's a reason for the non-football fanatics to come to the games. That's my opinion on the Bulls fanbase. A lot of women were at the game on Saturday.

AND  ???  is that a sexiest comment BornaBuc  ???

Go get him ladies.   :P

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 15, 2007, 12:20:32 PM

I guess I should have said a lot more ladies than usual in the stands on Saturday. Maybe it was because UCF brought a lot of ladies with them to the game. The question is,,,did they make it back to Orlando or stay in Tampa?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could USF be #3 tomorrow? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools