Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keep things in perspective « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: October 07, 2007, 06:37:52 PM

Our division mates have to play the Colts too. They will lose. New Orleans already has. We have three very winable games before the midpoint of the season. 6-2 is possible and respectable. The Bucs are not going to the SB. They are going to the playoffs because they are competitive with NFC teams. They are not competitive with the Colts or Patriots just yet. Patience and perspective.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 07, 2007, 06:40:50 PM

Another year off the calendar.

Patience is for Zen Buddhists.

Screw patience.

tonilynn

Starter

#2 : October 07, 2007, 06:43:26 PM

AGREED DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP AND PLAYOFF APPEARANCE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR WE NEED TO MAKE A TRADE FOR MIKE THE BURNER TURNER

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 07, 2007, 07:14:14 PM

whats with saying the Bucs aren't going to the Super Bowl?  One loss shouldnt make you say the Bucs wont make it to the Super Bowl...

I understand none of us thought wed be Super Bowl contenders, but we have a very winnable schedule.  You never know what will happen in the Playoffs...

WE NEED to trade for an RB....

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 07, 2007, 07:15:52 PM

To quote one Mr. Jim Mora, play-offs?? That's a long way down the schedule, and there's many games to make or break that picture yet to come.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 07, 2007, 07:18:01 PM

This team just got pounded into the FieldTurf by an elite team and people are still talking Super Bowl?

Ugh.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : October 07, 2007, 07:23:51 PM

Too bad the Aints couldn't pull it out today.  They could have put the Bucs well out in front in the division.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 07, 2007, 07:24:13 PM

This team just got pounded into the FieldTurf by an elite team and people are still talking Super Bowl?

Ugh.

That's because said elite team plays in the AFC....as well as the "other" elite team in the NFL...

In our conference, the NFC, there's no dominant teams...and no, I do not consider Dallas dominant. Romo is playing out of his mind, but there's a lot of Sundays between now and the NFC Championship game.

In the NFL -

There's the Colts, the Patriots....and there's everyone else. We've got a long way to go to get to that level.

If this game is any indicator - its that the Colts are one helluva  football team. Maybe the best. The Bucs are a good team, not great, not championship caliber - but solid. We'll win a lot of games this season.

After the travesty we suffered through last season, its an improvement we all hoped for and that we can build upon.

#8 : October 07, 2007, 07:35:01 PM

You got that right Jason. NFC is the jv conference. Seattle got steamrolled by Pittsburgh today.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 07, 2007, 07:38:51 PM

If Dallas gets punked bad by NE next week than the NFC really is JV.

Hit-55

Starter

#10 : October 07, 2007, 07:54:21 PM

Thinking SB is a bit of a long shot but I do have hopes of playoffs and think if we can keep people healthy we can make some noise in the playoffs. We are not in the same league with Indy, or the Pats. I think we all knew that before todays game and we for sure know now. But the NFC is what it is, anybody can beat anybody. The Cowboys look to be out front but they, will meet the Pats soon and that'll bring them back down to earth with the rest of the NFC. Still a long way to go...

Fire the cannons!!!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 07, 2007, 10:19:50 PM

whats with saying the Bucs aren't going to the Super Bowl? One loss shouldnt make you say the Bucs wont make it to the Super Bowl...

I understand none of us thought wed be Super Bowl contenders, but we have a very winnable schedule. You never know what will happen in the Playoffs...

WE NEED to trade for an RB....
I said the same thing before the season started. This is not a SB team. We have made enough improvements to win the division but there are still holes to fill and some players that need seasoning. Right now we need a RB or two.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 07, 2007, 10:27:30 PM

I would estimate that given our FA moves, draft, etc. that we have filled about 60 percent or so of our holes. We have a few Pro Bowlers, but to compete with the likes of Indy or NE, you need SEVERAL Pro Bowlers. We need Adams to step it up and our Oline to play better. We need a longterm QB solution and running help. We need other pass rushers and an offensive center. We need a longterm LT option. Daunting? Yes. But we've come a long way from 4-12 and I can see us being a perennial 9-11 win if we can just fill two or three of those needs. That's not bad.
If you could sign off on the following progression, would you?
2007: 10-6, fourth seed, playoff win, out in NFC semis
2008: 11-5 or 10-6, same thing
2009: 11-5 or 12-4, Super Bowl run (probable loss)
2010: 8-8, miss playoffs
2011: 10-6, wild card
That would mean making the playoffs four years of five with a possible conference title and about four playoff wins. The average NFL team makes the playoffs 3.75 times per decade.

In Verner We Trust

#13 : October 07, 2007, 10:36:14 PM

Our division mates have to play the Colts too. They will lose. New Orleans already has. We have three very winable games before the midpoint of the season. 6-2 is possible and respectable. The Bucs are not going to the SB. They are going to the playoffs because they are competitive with NFC teams. They are not competitive with the Colts or Patriots just yet. Patience and perspective.

Meanwhile, Garcia get older.

Screw patience!!!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 08, 2007, 12:47:23 AM

Garcia isn't the solution long term. We know that, he knows that. Garcia isn't the problem now anyway.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Keep things in perspective « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools