Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers have 25th ranked offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
: October 08, 2007, 01:59:35 AM

Oh and BTW, we scored 62 points in our first five games last year, three of which were home. This year, we've scored 77 in five games, three of which are on the road. That is a substantial difference.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 08, 2007, 01:56:22 AM

Dude, five games, three of which were on the road including the toughest road game of the year.
Nobody's talking extension AND Gruden should earn it. But let's understand the numbers within context.

In Verner We Trust

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : October 08, 2007, 01:34:04 AM

Damn.. that is last years offensive numbers... very little improvement.. which shows that Gruden has shown no improvement to this point. I would put away the contract extension for now. Make him earn it, make him show us he knows what he is doing.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 08, 2007, 01:31:54 AM

Dude, you're way too bitter.

In Verner We Trust

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 08, 2007, 01:20:30 AM

Gruden would have killed Manning's confidence the first year he was there if the two were exchanged. If Gruden was there he'd release Manning because Manning would think Gruden was an idiot. Gruden wouldn't listen and once again, the only successful QBs under Gruden are the ones who don't have to listen to Gruden.

On another note, for those of you who don't like me, this was my lineup on Rotohog today...

John Kitna
Trent Green
Jamal Lewis
Michael Pittman
Jerricho Cotchery
Donald Driver
Braylon Edwards
Desmond Clark
Jay Feely
Lions D

Didn't go so well for me with my first 4 starters getting injured and my defense giving up 34.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

tonyflash

Starter

#5 : October 08, 2007, 01:15:04 AM

I wonder how the Colts would look minus Manning? Dungy did have something to do today when he told Manning to "go for it" on 4th down.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 07, 2007, 11:34:15 PM

On NFL.com's stats it shows us with one game to go from week 5 as having the 25th ranked offense in the league. [banghead]

Bucnole1

Rookie

#7 : October 08, 2007, 12:41:05 AM

We were 18 before todays game

Bucnole1

Rookie

#8 : October 08, 2007, 12:44:42 AM

We are now 25th after todays game

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 08, 2007, 12:45:57 AM

Yup, we're 25th.
We've played three road games, including our toughest road game of the year, and we're 25th. Only two home games. Haven't played Atlanta yet.
Take your number and parade it around for all to see while wearing your 'I Love Dungy' shirt.

In Verner We Trust

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 08, 2007, 12:52:45 AM

Dude, point is we're not improving. We've played three teams that stink and we're still 25th. We've been up in the 20's with this so called offensive genius yet you and others are soooo excited about this team.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 08, 2007, 12:53:07 AM

Yup, we're 25th.
We've played three road games, including our toughest road game of the year, and we're 25th. Only two home games. Haven't played Atlanta yet.
Take your number and parade it around for all to see while wearing your 'I Love Dungy' shirt.

Last I checked he wasn't coming back.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 08, 2007, 01:05:33 AM

Who called him a genius? I didn't. Wanna trade teams and see what would happen? Dungy would fail and Gruden would succeed. We KNOW that Dungy couldn't finish the deal here and with a few additions on offense Gruden could. The backloaded contracts caused cap hell whereupon McKay flew the coup ... and lo and behold, look where Atlanta is now. In cap hell and worse off than we were.
Stats like that mean little. If you don't see that we're dramatically better offensively than last year, then you're blind. We were great statistically in 2003, but it was irrelevant because we were playing catchup so much.
Was Pettigout playing well? Yes. Good pickup that helped us whereupon he had a bad break. Would having Caddy and Pittman back help us? Absolutely, but we've got to deal with life without them.
You gonna blame Gruden for picking Caddy instead of Addai? We all wanted Caddy or Mike Williams. Steven Jackson? Sure I would have rather had him than Clayton. But where was Jax today? Sitting on the sidelines hurt.
When you deal from strength, good things happen. Look at the Yankees in baseball; once they learned that they didn't have to trade away all their youngsters, they got tougher. They may STILL not win this year, but they're set up for another decade of success because they dealt from strength.
Rice's inflexibility and ridiculous contract. Gramatica's meltdown. The failed (but necessary) signings of Garner, Steussie, etc.
Hey, we're 3-2. I'm excited. Rough day, but after three straight convincing wins, I'm not gonna get down by a road loss to the Super Bowl champs.

In Verner We Trust

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 08, 2007, 03:07:39 AM

I really could care less if we are 25th in the league, because the team is 3-2 which to me is a good thing.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 08, 2007, 03:20:16 AM

Agreed, 3rd. But I think the point of this whole thing is real offensive improvement. We had a lousy day offensively today. That has no relevance to last year. How many more yards should a team gain at home as opposed to the road? 10? 20? How many more points?
If we play often like we did today, we'll have a lousy record. If we play like we did in Weeks 2, 3 and 4, we'll be OK.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers have 25th ranked offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools