Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers have 25th ranked offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 08, 2007, 04:05:29 AM

It's hard to do much on offense when your defense is on the field getting run up and down the field for 70% of the game.    That loss had much more to do with Kiffin calling a bad defensive game (and Manning being great) than it did with our offense.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#16 : October 08, 2007, 05:51:34 AM

Want to know the improvement? 3 more wins. At this time last year we were 0-4. We could have the 32nd ranked offense and defense, but if they find ways to win, I don't care.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#17 : October 08, 2007, 07:44:08 AM

Dude, you're way too bitter.
[/quote Not just bitter!!! 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 08, 2007, 09:00:03 AM

It's hard to do much on offense when your defense is on the field getting run up and down the field for 70% of the game.    That loss had much more to do with Kiffin calling a bad defensive game (and Manning being great) than it did with our offense.

Yeah but when your offense is predicated on dink passing and you get no running so you have a dinkable 3rd and 5 you don't stay on the field and help that defense out.  That defense was putrid like 3 days in the trash raw chicken but the offense eeked out a crappy 177 yards of offense.  5 of 7 drives were 3 and outs.

No one gets to hide from this loss.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : October 08, 2007, 10:07:34 AM

Dal.. they want to pin this one on Kiffin.. Gruden takes no blame for not having his offense ready to sustain drives and beat up on a Colts defense which can be scored on.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 08, 2007, 10:10:04 AM

Dal.. they want to pin this one on Kiffin.. Gruden takes no blame for not having his offense ready to sustain drives and beat up on a Colts defense which can be scored on.

Kiffin gets plenty of blame for this, a ton of blame because what he did didn't work but nothing the offense did worked either.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 08, 2007, 10:17:57 AM

Dal, I am aware of that his defense got its butt kicked. But the offense failed to show up and didn't even really care or try...

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#22 : October 08, 2007, 11:00:36 AM

You guys are looking way too much into stats. Yesterdays preformence killed our offensive rankings because we only got like 20 yards rushing and 150 yards passing. But, stats aside, anybody who is watching these games this year can tell that our offense is leeps and bounds better than last years..

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 08, 2007, 12:08:58 PM

Dal, I agree with you 100 percent. We gave up long returns. Bidwell shanked it at a key juncture. Our Oline allowed penetration for many third and longs. Our defense couldn't stop them seemingly at all on third downs.
That's not Monte. That's EVERYBODY; defense, offense, special teams, coaching. Heck, even the waterboy had a bad day!

In Verner We Trust

mrwycka

Second String

#24 : October 08, 2007, 12:20:25 PM

bornabuc what is your team?? Cause you are sure not a Bucs Fan.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 08, 2007, 12:45:06 PM

Numers mean nothing.  The only numbers that matter are the final score.  Those numbers make us 3-2 and leading the division.  Sounds pretty good to me. 

Oh yea, in case you forgot we are down our starting LT and 1st & 2nd string RB's.  Maybe next week we will loos a few more O starters so that you can blame Gruden some more.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 08, 2007, 01:28:15 PM

Here's the stats I care about:

3-2, 1st in the NFC South.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 08, 2007, 01:30:23 PM

Smoke and mirrors.... 25th ranked offense is what we REALLY are.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 08, 2007, 01:33:20 PM

Smoke and mirrors.... 25th ranked offense is what we REALLY are.

Smoke and mirrors must have the Titans at 3-1, too.  They have the 24th ranked offense.  FIRE JEFF FISHER!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 08, 2007, 01:35:09 PM

Buccs faced a superior team - one of the 3 or 4 in the NFL - and you listen to bornabutt Alvin?  Nope, I saw the first 4 games and the buccs are improved, injuries are a real issue, but this team is a lot better than last year's version.  Look at the reality of the situation - you will find it.  And it is not in the rankings.  It is in the team. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers have 25th ranked offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools