Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly! Colts « previous next »
Page: 1

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
: October 08, 2007, 01:13:58 AM

Does not matter when the D cant get off the field..had no game plan how to attack peyton..just let him thrown the curl over and over

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 07, 2007, 11:43:36 PM

The Good
Jeff Garcia
- Jeff has been nothing short of amazing for this team. His uncanny knack for sensing pressure and his ability to escape that pressure has been on display all season long. Garcia extended his streak to five games of not tossing an interception. I'm not sure of the stats, but that is either a Buccaneer team record, or he's closing in on one. Jeff and the offense weren't on the field much today as the Colts methodically marched down the field for some very long, time consuming drives today, so his stats aren't going to jump off the page at you. 18 of 23 for 143 yards and 2 TD's. Not glaringly impressive, but as stated before no INT's with a very respectable 79% completion ratio and a QB rating of 121.6....that is impressive against a very good Colt defense.

LINK

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

#2 : October 07, 2007, 11:46:16 PM

those dropped passed didn't help. Those passes were all money passes and momentum killers.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 07, 2007, 11:52:25 PM

those dropped passed didn't help. Those passes were all money passes and momentum killers.

They were huge, especially Joey's. That would have kept the drive alive and who knows, maybe we score another TD there and go up 14-13. It seems EVERYTHING fell apart today.

#4 : October 07, 2007, 11:55:12 PM

They were huge, especially Joey's. That would have kept the drive alive and who knows, maybe we score another TD there and go up 14-13. It seems EVERYTHING fell apart today.

I'm actually really happy we got our asses kicked today, especially early in this season where all these little mechanical issues can be fixed, regroup and Hopefully face the Colts again in the Superbowl. :)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 08, 2007, 12:38:59 AM

GRaham and Darby will get it done in the backfield fo sho!

Genius minds have said this!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2007, 09:02:35 AM

Does not matter when the D cant get off the field..had no game plan how to attack peyton..just let him thrown the curl over and over

Like I said elsewhere, that IS the game plan. It is what JAX and NE do to Manning but you have to have a pass rush to go with that plan and we don't have a pass rush.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 08, 2007, 09:06:27 AM

That is the mistake they made.  I mean we all knew the pass rush of the front four was not up to the standard needed like the glory years.  So the Bucs needed to rely on other ways to generate pressure and it did not materialize.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 08, 2007, 09:10:15 AM

That is the mistake they made. I mean we all knew the pass rush of the front four was not up to the standard needed like the glory years. So the Bucs needed to rely on other ways to generate pressure and it did not materialize.

And since blitzing is usually death when you play Manning it HAD to be from the front 4.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 08, 2007, 09:13:50 AM

That is the mistake they made. I mean we all knew the pass rush of the front four was not up to the standard needed like the glory years. So the Bucs needed to rely on other ways to generate pressure and it did not materialize.

And since blitzing is usually death when you play Manning it HAD to be from the front 4.

Exactly, that was a no win,. we blitz and Manning kills us down the field. We died the death of a thousand cuts instead.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#10 : October 08, 2007, 09:14:10 AM

i don't think our "glory days" defense woulda beat manning. remember, manning sees the tampa 2 every day in his own house. its the defense he is most familiar with. not that he can't beat any defense, but the 3-4 is the one that has given him the most problems (SD, PITT, NE) .. the tampa 2 has no chance against this robot since its the def he lights up in practice EVERY day. remember his dismantling of the bears D in the SB. its a joke to manning.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 08, 2007, 09:16:10 AM

i don't think our "glory days" defense woulda beat manning. remember, manning sees the tampa 2 every day in his own house. its the defense he is most familiar with. not that he can't beat any defense, but the 3-4 is the one that has given him the most problems (SD, PITT, NE) .. the tampa 2 has no chance against this robot since its the def he lights up in practice EVERY day. remember his dismantling of the bears D in the SB. its a joke to manning.

Except JAX plays a C2 to frustrate him when they face him. It isn't about 3-4 or 4-3 it is about pass rush and that is something SD, NE, JAX and PIT have been able to get on him.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#12 : October 08, 2007, 09:21:20 AM

i think its more than just pressure .. its pressure and cover corners. our soft zone play allows him to dink and dunk all day long. press corners who can disrupt the timing, get physical with wayne and marv have an equal impact on their offense.

even if we generate pressure, he knows exactly where to attack the tampa 2 zone if his receivers are getting clean breaks.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2007, 01:25:08 PM

Hey Closet! Glad to see you made it safe and sound.  Face it, Bucs just got beat by a better team. Thought it would be more competitive, but have to regroup and get back on the winning track this week.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 08, 2007, 02:17:39 PM

i think its more than just pressure .. its pressure and cover corners. our soft zone play allows him to dink and dunk all day long. press corners who can disrupt the timing, get physical with wayne and marv have an equal impact on their offense.

even if we generate pressure, he knows exactly where to attack the tampa 2 zone if his receivers are getting clean breaks.

It really is the pass rush - they have good doses of the other areas but the rush is huge.  That and their offenses can move the ball much more effectively than the buccs can at this time.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly! Colts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools