Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Polls stink « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 09, 2007, 10:11:29 PM

It doesnt matter because the Seminoles could beat the USF Bulls.

What doesn't matter?

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 09, 2007, 10:15:20 PM

WOW... you bandwagon Bulls fans are hilarious. IDK if it's blind devotion, lack of football knowledge, or just plain mental retardation.

I'm sure even bandwagoning Bulls fans know that there are ZERO colleges that put 45K+ students in their stadium on game day .... which already puts them smarter than you.    :D

Runole

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 10, 2007, 04:51:03 PM

I think that would be great if USF could help in getting the system changed. You'd think the system would have been changed already with some of the results in these so called National Championship games. I think the the top 6 teams should play in a series of bowl games that would validate a champion. They would only have to add a couple of games. The rest of the bowl games would still be played as well.

6 plays 1
5 plays 2
4 plays 3

Top winning ranked team gets a bye
2nd winning ranked team plays 3rd winning ranked team
#1 ranked winning team plays 2nd ranked winning team for National Championship.

(ranks don't change throughout this process)

That would add only two games to the season and determine a proper National Championship and add a lot of money to all school involved.

I don't think an extended playoff with 6 teams in the bowls involved would ever work..  The playoff should start in early December at the home field of the higher seeded team.  That would leave just a 2 game playoff at bowl time with a championship the following week.

One other thing is Division One needs to roll back to 11 games. The 12th game in the regular season was a mistake though it does prove that CFB can support a playoff format if it was eliminated.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 10, 2007, 05:35:07 PM

What doesn't matter?

The polls

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 10, 2007, 06:00:22 PM

the Seminoles could also beat the New England Patriots, its just a shame they wont get a chance to prove it.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 10, 2007, 06:01:49 PM

NOLES FOR THE ORANGE BOWL!!!!

No they couldn't.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 10, 2007, 06:04:07 PM

You guys are also forgetting that if the Bulls go undefeated, they win the Big East and are guranteed a BCS game no matter what the pollsters say.

Winning that BCS game will be HUGE for the Bulls because then the school gets money, recruits, and national attention.

That's really where all the attention should be focused on for Bulls fans ... This national title stuff is fun but not very realistic.

Actually, it's not really unrealistic at this point.  Running the table although not a given is possible.  And if that happens, then there's a chance that this team could play for the National Title.  It's a long road to get to that point and plenty of chances to slip up, but it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 10, 2007, 08:54:02 PM

You guys are also forgetting that if the Bulls go undefeated, they win the Big East and are guranteed a BCS game no matter what the pollsters say.

Winning that BCS game will be HUGE for the Bulls because then the school gets money, recruits, and national attention.

That's really where all the attention should be focused on for Bulls fans ... This national title stuff is fun but not very realistic.

Actually, it's not really unrealistic at this point.  Running the table although not a given is possible.  And if that happens, then there's a chance that this team could play for the National Title.  It's a long road to get to that point and plenty of chances to slip up, but it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

I did say not very realistic ....   ;)

As big a Bulls fan as I am, I really don't think I'm ready for a NC game yet ... let's get a couple of BCS bowls under our belts first.   8)

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 11, 2007, 01:17:56 AM

If we end up undefeated, beating Auburn who then beat the defending national champs who were still ranked top 10 after that loss and beating number 5 WV who is now back in the top 10 and possible other top 25 teams then why couldn't we play for the national championship? Honestly, at this point if we keep winning I'd feel like any Michigan or Auburn fan who went undefeated and didn't get a shot especially if we won our bowl game. Right now we'd beat FSU. Their offense is turnover prone and their defense is weak.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Polls stink « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools