Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offense being 32nd « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

IanD15

Rookie

: November 13, 2006, 11:08:37 PM

Can you agree that Simms handeled us a little better ? He knows the system and obviously had a rough 3 starts against very good teams. Now Grads comes in and beats to good teams but it just isn't clicking. Of course he is a rookie and is young and is looking sharp for a 6th rounder but do some of you still want Simms back to juke it out with him next preseason?

#1 : November 13, 2006, 11:10:11 PM

7 ints
3 ints

NO

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 13, 2006, 11:11:05 PM

Can you agree that Simms handeled us a little better ?

Nope. Especially when you take into consideration Simms' problems you didn't see on the field.

IanD15

Rookie

#3 : November 13, 2006, 11:11:59 PM

Yah I understand that but it was only three games. No one will no what he could have done. Look at Grossman. I don't know we need something on offense or else were gunna be worse then Oakland and thats incredibly bad.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 13, 2006, 11:12:39 PM

simms had to many batted passes.. to many mistakes.

When you have no balance on offense.. everyone looks like crap

IanD15

Rookie

#5 : November 13, 2006, 11:18:17 PM

simms had to many batted passes.. to many mistakes.

When you have no balance on offense.. everyone looks like crap

Yah thats definately true. I just want this season to have and upside.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 13, 2006, 11:24:35 PM

Yah thats definately true. I just want this season to have and upside.

This season DOES have an upside. I'm liking what I see from some of the young guys on defense, which is a unit that needs a serious infusion of youth. Ruud looks good, as does White and some of the other young D-linemen.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 14, 2006, 10:23:22 PM

Think about ALL the young guys getting experiance.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 14, 2006, 10:29:11 PM

You can take any 3 games from Gradkowski and put them against Simms' 3 games from this season and Grads still looks better.  I don't think either is the future, but if I had to pick one of them I'd say Bruce.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 14, 2006, 10:31:56 PM

Can you agree that Simms handeled us a little better ? He knows the system and obviously had a rough 3 starts against very good teams. Now Grads comes in and beats to good teams but it just isn't clicking. Of course he is a rookie and is young and is looking sharp for a 6th rounder but do some of you still want Simms back to juke it out with him next preseason?

What would Simms have been like in his rookie year?  At the end of his second year there were that many problems with his game they brought in Hackett to work with the QBs.  At the start of his forth year Simms was still struggling with the WCO.  Time to move on with or without Grads, but definitely without Simms.

BayDay39

Second String

#10 : November 14, 2006, 10:55:57 PM

Simms just scares me because of his lack of mobility and constant batted down balls.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 15, 2006, 10:20:47 AM

If Simms was in, we'd probably have won one more, possibly 2 more this year.  More likely just one.  He's played horribly, shown he keeps making the same damn mistakes over and over, but is usually good for a couple of big plays every few games.  That's not enough to have in a long-term starter.  In the long run this will probably turn out to be the best thing.  If Gru is fired, the next coach may have a more Simms-friendly offense.  If Simms comes back, maybe a year off will have cleared his head (not likely IMO).  If he's gone, then we try another QB.  Someone like Grads is what we need here.  Grads may not be that guy, but whoever that guy is, he will be closer to the Grads type than the Simms.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 15, 2006, 12:02:31 PM

Simms just scares me because of his lack of mobility and constant batted down balls.
I agree about the mobility issues.  It is just as if he refuses to run, or move.

AS for the batted balls, the ratios between the two are not that far apart, in all reality.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 15, 2006, 02:34:55 PM

Simms had 6.7% of all his passes smacked at the line. Gradkowski 3.7%. The difference is huge in relative terms.
What?  Every 23 passes as opposed to every 17?

#14 : November 15, 2006, 03:08:50 PM

What?  Every 23 passes as opposed to every 17?

No, every 15 passes against every 27.  Almost double with Simms.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Offense being 32nd « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools