Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Michael Turner « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#120 : October 09, 2007, 12:55:08 AM

Giving up those picks won us a SB....what are you talkin about?

That is very true...but we are paying for it now with a lack of players in their prime.  It was worth it in those instances but I just don't see Turner being worth our first rounder.  Is he the guy that is going to get us to a championship?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#121 : October 09, 2007, 12:57:22 AM

If I knew for a fact that the bucs 1st round pick would be spent on a RB next spring...I would say offer it for Turner.

But I think the LT or UT or WR the Bucs get with that 1st round pick is more valuable to this teams future than a RB.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#122 : October 09, 2007, 01:02:32 AM

Giving up those picks won us a SB....what are you talkin about?

That is very true...but we are paying for it now with a lack of players in their prime. It was worth it in those instances but I just don't see Turner being worth our first rounder.

And i don't see anyone saying that turner is available - we may want to offer a 2nd rounder - but they're holding the cards on this one. And the card reads - "No Sale".

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#123 : October 09, 2007, 01:06:19 AM

Personally, I would do the Moore trade if it is a second day pick.  I know that isn't a "sexy" move but adding him to Graham and Darby would be an upgrade.  Address the position in the offseason through the draft or FA.  I wouldn't give up a first rounder.  I don't think the Pats had to give up a first for Moss...and they are contenders.  I tend to look long term though.  Giving up our first rounders for Key and Gruden have decimated this team...do we really want to keep doing it?

I'd be fine with Moore and then go after Turner or whoever in FA next year. Or the draft.

gone

Hall of Famer
#124 : October 09, 2007, 01:07:30 AM

If it was me, I wouldn't spend it.  Maybe a day 2 for Moore, but not a day 1 for anyone.  We're not that close that we can say "one guy could make us a contender".  Granted the only truly intimidating NFC team is the Cowgirls, but I don't think it's a good enough risk at this point to take it.  Pick up a decent back in FA next year, and use that first rounder on a dominating UT and this defense looks like 1999 all over again.  Use it on a stud LT and this offensive line may be one of the best in the league if you work FA right, or Beunning makes the transition.  Spending it on a back that has a defender in his grill before he takes a step after the handoff is wasteful.  Especially when the only back worth that is set to hit FA next year....

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#125 : October 09, 2007, 01:18:13 AM

Thats why if you deal for Turner you only do so if you can sign him for 5 years.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#126 : October 09, 2007, 01:18:33 AM

I understand all of you guys think Caddy is going to be back.

But let me remind you of what injury he suffered.

He tore his freakin' patellar tendon. Gary Baxter did the same (in both knees, granted) and has yet to return.

Exactly, Baxter tore both. Caddy only partially tore one.

LaCharles Bentley also did the same. He has yet to return. These guys have been hurt for a while. They say you are never the same after it happens, your kneecap is always a bit off, and the tendon isn't as long/strong as it once was, since it was a HUGE INTEGRAL part of the knee.

Bentley also messed up his ACL, if I'm not mistaken. And he had that bad staph infection that had his career in question and his leg almost amputated.....

He isn't coming back.

Thats a damn bold statement for you to make when Baxter is coming back and Bentley is almost there. I'm not saying the guy is going to be 100% by next season's opener, but the guys writing him off entirely are jumping the gun a bit based on....you tell me.

And we aren't going to be getting a high enough pick to get McFadden.

So let's pull a Dan Snyder, and give up a first rounder in exchange for a somewhat proven commodity, instead of hoping a 2nd tier collegiate running back in the draft, or an old overworked veteran is going to fix our running game.

SOMEWHAT?! This guy has started one game in his career, playing behind one of the best backs ever. On one hand, he could be a stud in the wrong situation, but he UNDOUBTEDLY benefits from the guy that teams focus on. Not admitting that much tells me some people have their heads in the sand(not direct at you).

I mean, if we don't get McFadden, we are looking at over-rated guys like Mike Hart, Allen Patrick, and Tashard Choice. I am not liking our chances. There is no Adrian Peterson in this draft, nor is there a Marshawn Lynch. There is one somehwat promising back that will go top 5, then overrated media-hyped garbage that will go way too high.

How is Tashard Choice overrated? And why do we have to take those other guys? What about Jon Stewart? Felix Jones?

So lets sell this middle of the first round draft pick and get Mike Turner if possible, or if not, be ambitious and go after someone else, a first round pick is like Gold in the NFL trade market.

A guy like DeAngelo Williams might be available if DeShaun Foster manages to stay healthy. (Not likely, but you never know)

Rudi Johnson might want out of Cincy, etc, etc.

Let's fix the problem, not throw crap in to hope we find a diamond in the rough.

Hoping to find a diamond in the rough? Isn't that kinda what we are doing here? Guys are talking up Turner like he's some consistent 1200 yard rusher....

I liked Turner around the draft, a lot of people did so thats no pat on my back. Everybody who paid attention knew about the kid. Very surprising he lasted to the 5th round, so whoever made the point about his draft spot that is void. Doesn't matter once you start to play. But there's some problems here. One, San Deigo is just getting on track (or so they hope) with this win this past week. Why would they trade their backup RB and solid contributor when trying to right the ship? So one, getting their attention, two prying this valued back away from them and having a pick before Mr. Irrelevant is called because everyone knows we're desperate. You can't just panic mid-season, give out your fat wallet of draft picks to anyone who can show you hope at RB, because this is the NFL and it will bite you in the @ss.

On Monday Night Countdown, they mentioned that the Bucs contacted SD and they said they weren't giving up Turner, so sounds like a lot of guys riding Turner's erm...."potential"....for naught.

#127 : October 09, 2007, 05:12:12 AM

yes thats Moore outrunning the Patriots defenders

Brian Westbrook like???!?!?

Trade for MOORE!

This is Mewelde Moore?  HOLY@#$%$!!!   I want this cat!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#128 : October 09, 2007, 05:05:00 PM

Only for a day two pick closet. As we've already been shown (by the Colts), we aren't Superbowl Caliber this year. No reason to overspend.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#129 : October 09, 2007, 06:43:05 PM

the 2nd comment down reads "Dont be surprised if Turner is the one still in San Diego and not LT next year.".....What an idiot.

I'm all for Turner. but only for a 3rd rd pick tops. Which I know has little chace of happening. I see a trade for Mewelde Moore more likely.

Big Buc

Practice Squad

#130 : October 09, 2007, 10:50:16 PM

Before this season started didn't Turner have the highest yards per carry average in NFL history? Either way I'd give up a 1st round. We gave a 1st round for Cadillac so why not? We need someone to keep us from consistantly going 3 and out.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#131 : October 09, 2007, 10:52:03 PM

Before this season started didn't Turner have the highest yards per carry average in NFL history? Either way I'd give up a 1st round. We gave a 1st round for Cadillac so why not? We need someone to keep us from consistantly going 3 and out.

He has a terribly small sample size as far as how many carries he has so that number is skewered.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#132 : October 10, 2007, 01:15:17 PM

More is known of Turner than a college RB but I'm not sure that's the biggest need on the team. If we can pick him up this off-season - we will not have to spend a 1st round draft pick. Perhaps we could get a young LOT or a UT/DT with that number one that will have a bigger affect.

And this is from a guy that wanted Calvin Johnson instead of Joe Thomas in this years draft....

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Michael Turner « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools