Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Michael Turner « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 08, 2007, 07:19:19 PM

Turner will be a highly sought out free agent due the fact he has very little wear and tear on his wheels.

Whether he is a one dimensional back or not I am not sure but I haven't seen evidence either way.  I haven't watched Turner and the Chargers often enough to make a determination.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#31 : October 08, 2007, 07:20:15 PM

Ok, the run against Chicago got me interested then the rest sold me...lets get michael turner!

Larry Brackins

Starter
#32 : October 08, 2007, 07:20:53 PM

Turner will be highly sought out free agenct due the fact he has very little wear and tear on his wheels.

Whether he is a one dimensional back or not I am not sure but I haven't seen evidence either way.  I haven't watched Turner and the Chargers often enough to make a determination.
One do you mean by one dimensional? As in he doesn't have speed?

He didn't get the nickname "The Burner" because he doesn't have speed.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 08, 2007, 07:21:06 PM

I dont think Turner is worth it.

He has proven nothing.

Sure he racks up stats against worn out fourth quarter defenses that had been stairing at LTs coat tails all day.....

F.Y.I...... Turner had a 49 yd run in the 1st half of yesterday's game.

one run......against the worst rush defense in the NFL......

Artose Pinner had a 49 yard run in the 1st half of his game yesterday........
Did he follow it up with a 70 (ish) yard TD? Did he lead the NFL in YPC last year?

Didn't think so.

Against tired out, LT pounded, exhausted, 4th quarter defenses.....like I said

Im sorry one first half run doesnt do it for me.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#34 : October 08, 2007, 07:21:42 PM

Ok, the run against Chicago got me interested then the rest sold me...lets get michael turner!
It's a crime his 80 yard TD run to kill the Colts perfect season isn't on there.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 08, 2007, 07:22:42 PM

Number one draft picks frequently don't pan out. One has to only look to our own roster to realize the reality of that. Turner is a proven commodity. He's worth a first round pick. Plus, he's got a lot of tread left on them tires..

Does he have more tread left on his tires than a rookie would?

Turner is FAR from a proven commodity.

Capt Tripps

Second String

#36 : October 08, 2007, 07:23:09 PM

Point is though....

Whomever we bring in is going to take time to bring him up to speed with Gruden's offense.  3 weeks at least.  Can we hang until then?  We won't bring someone in and get immediate production.  What about the Titans, Lions and Jags? Granted they have an all pro O-line, but Indy smoked us with a CFL back making his first start I believe.  Not ready to give up on the season.  I've waited too long for this season to start, and I love our start with the exception of yesterday.  Gruden seemed strangly sedate this morning at the press C.  Maybe he knows what he and Bruce are going to do, and is confident at the decision.  Time will tell, but the O-line needs to give someone a chance in the running game....Graham, Darby, Turner, Moore.  Doesn't matter.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#37 : October 08, 2007, 07:23:22 PM

His run against the Colts is in here.

2:15 in

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#38 : October 08, 2007, 07:24:05 PM

looks like a keeper

buckit

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 08, 2007, 07:25:35 PM

Point is though....

Whomever we bring in is going to take time to bring him up to speed with Gruden's offense.  3 weeks at least.  Can we hang until then?  We won't bring someone in and get immediate production.  What about the Titans, Lions and Jags? Granted they have an all pro O-line, but Indy smoked us with a CFL back making his first start I believe.  Not ready to give up on the season.  I've waited too long for this season to start, and I love our start with the exception of yesterday.  Gruden seemed strangly sedate this morning at the press C.  Maybe he knows what he and Bruce are going to do, and is confident at the decision.  Time will tell, but the O-line needs to give someone a chance in the running game....Graham, Darby, Turner, Moore.  Doesn't matter.

Good point.  The Patriots, Colts, Jags, Packers (and I'm sure others) have lost their starters and carried on as normal.  

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 08, 2007, 07:26:07 PM

So far turner has been a change of pace back who was benefited from being on the same team as Ladanian Tomlinson.

You know who else had terrific speed (4.2 40) and showed flashes of brillance as a change of pace back in 2005?

Tatum Bell.

He turned out well.

Until I see Turner START and succeed against a fresh defense, he is not worth the price tag he carries.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#41 : October 08, 2007, 07:27:02 PM

Does Tatum Bell weigh 240 pounds?

Didn't think so.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#42 : October 08, 2007, 07:27:32 PM

It's a crime his 80 yard TD run to kill the Colts perfect season isn't on there.

We think alike. I was lookin for that run as well.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 08, 2007, 07:27:40 PM

One dimensional in that he is a talented runner but not a good pass catcher kind of like Shaun Alexander or the much hated Carnell Williams. :D

buckit

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 08, 2007, 07:28:26 PM

Much Hated?

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Peter King on Michael Turner « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools