Boards > The Red Board

Bucs Lean Toward Going With 2 QBs

(1/3) > >>

BuccinTex:
Full article-   http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBLTKXLMSE.html

The two paragraphs below stood out to me in particular.   I'm just hoping Gruden feels the same about getting the ball to #24.   I think Bruce is in a tough situation but if he can protect the ball and get some help I think we can finally get a win.   Defense is probably the biggest concern behind starting a rookie QB and it's tough to see the Bucs in last place for run defense.   

Gradkowski said the biggest adjustment is for the players around him. That's why he is somewhat thankful the Bucs have two weeks to prepare for his first game. He won't deny, though, that he is eager to play that game.

"I'm just eager to get out there and play," he said. "But when I do, I'm just going to try to manage the game - get Cadillac [Williams] the football, get the ball in the receivers' hands and manage the game. The guys around me are the guys who'll be making the plays."

Itchalot:
With Rattay it would be 1.5 QBs.

rjgobucs1:

--- Quote from: Itchalot on September 30, 2006, 07:31:09 PM ---With Rattay it would be 1.5 QBs.

--- End quote ---
sadly it's more like .5, Rattay = -1.5

mjs020294:
Ok Rattay hasn't impressed in training but he has at least got starting experience.  He is meant to be better on gameday so we can hope he will run the O efficiently if needed.

Mohawkbucs:
kinda nervous to have only 2 qbs, one of them being a rookie, and the other a ex-49er....

but there really arent any better options right now

No king, no maddox, none of that crap

SCBUCFAN:
If we are going with two they should at least add a QB to the practice squad.  Then you have someone in case of emergencies, someone who will at least be familiar with the system.

mjs020294:

--- Quote from: SCBUCFAN on September 30, 2006, 09:09:55 PM ---If we are going with two they should at least add a QB to the practice squad.  Then you have someone in case of emergencies, someone who will at least be familiar with the system.

--- End quote ---

Maybe when/IF Simms is moved to IR they will move someone from the PS and free space up.  Then I would hope they add Lefors to the PS.

SimmsandCadillac:
It does worry me a bit that we will be going with only two QB's.  But to my knowledge that will only be a couple of weeks seeing as Luke can come back as soon as we've played 6 games.

SCBUCFAN:

--- Quote from: mjs on September 30, 2006, 09:11:07 PM ---
Maybe when/IF Simms is moved to IR they will move someone from the PS and free space up.  Then I would hope they add Lefors to the PS.

--- End quote ---

I like the idea of two QB's on the roster and one on the PS.  It gives an extra spot on the active roster so the team can maybe add someone who will contribute.  Maybe if it works out Gruden might go with it that way next year.

mjs020294:
The big problem with a QB on the PS is when a QB goes down in the NFL other teams will raid your PS.  It works OK with a young QB for a year but anyone half decent QB will find a roster spot somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version